ADVERTISEMENT

One season in the books Sharpe looks headed for NBA Stardom (J. Hollinger, Athletic)

Who really cares??? I don't understand why you would even post this stuff.
Well, as I spoke earlier about summertime threads and bashing him/personal life and saying he’d never amount to anything …well looks like that’s not the case now …in fact the opposite

If you want my opinion on Cal and it's nothing but that, I think his biggest fall from the top has been trying to please everyone. The guy who was appealing enough to get this job would do any/everything and not apologize or care what you thought. Now? He's worried about feelings and honestly the feelings he needs to worry about are those who have told him to quit being so damn nice and quit letting stiffs take up too many roster spots.

Will be interesting to see how this era ends. Any redemption/climb back to the elite or just flame out and fade away?
Seems like he cares about everyone except for those who gave him that contract. And it seemed to have started after he got that contract. Would be interesting to see how different things would be if his contract was incentivized.

Trust is one thing I understand. However, in sports, you trust TALENT over everything. I mean Cal himself was saying Sharpe had #1 overall caliber talent--as in #1 in the NBA Draft talent. So he rode with guys who won't sniff the NBA over that. It's one thing if John Wall, AD, DeAaron Fox tell you "Coach we're good"--and I still believe Hamidou should've played in '17--he was the missing piece to what was needed on that team--but you ride with guys who deliver your lone 1st Round loss in your career? Forget not repeating that mistake, it's one that haunts you.
Ralph it's the way the whole thing was done.Calipari made excuse after excuse for not playing him.I mean he's gonna be a draft pick but yet he's not in shape or doesn't know the offense...give me a break..and Sharpe saying he was coming back when everybody with common sense knew his ass would never play a game at UK.The University got used all the way around on this...Sharpe got NIL money and the use of our facilities and UK got nothing.

Reactions: susan2361
IF that is true then things with Cal are much worse than believed. When the inmates run the asylum.....
I'd go in different direction. I'd say it's more frustrating he didn't read the team and his formula at Kentucky. This is going to sound arrogant but it's just how life is--Kentucky should never look like a Umass or Memphis team. Period. This is Kentucky. You don't strive to play rock fights and don't need to settle for a roster that provides that. Do they occasionally happen? Absolutely. But you built this program on elite talent and NBA Lottery players, not nice kids who wished they could be on this stage and shit the bed anytime someone barks back a bit. I mean Kentucky doesn't have players who celebrate saying "We beat the crap out of the National Championship participants" they are focused on getting to the National Championship game on their way to the NBA. Hate 1 and done and NBA talk--but the guys brought in committed to winning the SEC, SEC Tournament, and get to the Final Four and National Championship while they were here. Now you have half assed talent acting/talking like the guys who proceeded them far too often.

Lesson that needs to be learned. You get the best to play the best to be the best. No Kentucky fan wants to hear "this is like my UMass team pre Camby"-who gives a s***? Get killers again. Make Kentucky feared again. This "I'm nervous about facing...." is nonsense. Big brands are big because they know what they are and what you aren't. Cal is coaching like a seedless coward lately and hard to get that arrogance back when you prove to be vulnerable to your competition.

OP must be young. Or have a crush on SS. Something is just very weird.
Lol I’m 63 …I saw Tom Payne play HS ball in my hometown of Ashland in 1969 …I was 10 …I am a retired gym teacher …could never stand seeing kids get picked on …would always try to help them …and I think it’s fair to say Shaedon got picked on a whole hell of a lot …anyway , kid is flourishing now …good for him …and when he gets announced as a starter the P.A. announcer still says from Kentucky

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Ralph it's the way the whole thing was done.Calipari made excuse after excuse for not playing him.I mean he's gonna be a draft pick but yet he's not in shape or doesn't know the offense...give me a break..and Sharpe saying he was coming back when everybody with common sense knew his ass would never play a game at UK.The University got used all the way around on this...Sharpe got NIL money and the use of our facilities and UK got nothing.
Again, I fully understand everything you said and agree with most of it. Cal and Sharpe and his advisors handled the entire postseason talk about his decisions with the sense of a 2 yr old who pats sibling on the shoulder and says "sorry" acting like they'll automatically forgive them for doing something to injure/hurt them.

I just don't hold grudges when I know the endgame goal of the player. We know what guys want to do in today's climate of basketball. it just sucks that he was one good enough to do it. But I do blame Cal for not trusting what gets all these guys a job like Kentucky. Talent and trusting that is more important when entering a competition that is 1 and season over. I want a gun with endless bullets, not a squirt gun crew who talks like they are a machine gun.

If you want my opinion on Cal and it's nothing but that, I think his biggest fall from the top has been trying to please everyone. The guy who was appealing enough to get this job would do any/everything and not apologize or care what you thought. Now? He's worried about feelings and honestly the feelings he needs to worry about are those who have told him to quit being so damn nice and quit letting stiffs take up too many roster spots.

Will be interesting to see how this era ends. Any redemption/climb back to the elite or just flame out and fade away?

Loyal to a fault. His Achilles heel.

At the expense of the program.
That's what CANNOT happen and has been. That is what everyone--well a heavy majority on this site and fanbase agrees about. The program's best interest has to be #1 and nobody is saying to not care about the player or look out for their interest. Cal wanted a job like this his entire career. Got it. Now it's time to remind him why he wanted this job.

Little bit more to the story than what's come out and he's not said anything derogatory about Kentucky. Some of the '22 team members sure as hell never wanted him to play last year and took that to Cal. Worried about losing PT and he stuck with them. Cal has been in a slump and that decision will haunt him for some time. So when you hear "he didn't want to play when they got hurt and needed him" remember many of '22 team didn't want him to play at all either.
Not doubting your info but if true just further testament to how much below the belt cal has lost. You don’t let players dictate who is and who is not going to play on your team. I highly doubt sharpe was going to play either way, if he wanted to play he certainly would have.

Reactions: Catfan2226
That's what CANNOT happen and has been. That is what everyone--well a heavy majority on this site and fanbase agrees about. The program's best interest has to be #1 and nobody is saying to not care about the player or look out for their interest. Cal wanted a job like this his entire career. Got it. Now it's time to remind him why he wanted this job.
The majority of BBN has reminded him.We have let him know that what we have been watching and recieving is unacceptable.Seriously,the results over the last 3 seasons are a joke.Question is,when is the UK administration..the President and board of directors going to notice or even make him accountable because it's clear that Barnfart doesn't give a damn.

Only at Kentucky where you are allowed to run over the coach and AD and tell them you will not play if you don't want to.

Well, as I spoke earlier about summertime threads and bashing him/personal life and saying he’d never amount to anything …well looks like that’s not the case now …in fact the opposite
And you revel in it. And, no, I don't believe for a second that Shady Sharpe didn't play because certain guys on the team were worried about playing time. Sharpe chose to not play because he was worried about getting hurt before he was locked into a contract. Sharpe used UK like a whore, and Cal went along with it so that he could put another picture in his little NBA Draft Night Scrapbook.

Lol I’m 63 …I saw Tom Payne play HS ball in my hometown of Ashland in 1969 …I was 10 …I am a retired gym teacher …could never stand seeing kids get picked on …would always try to help them …and I think it’s fair to say Shaedon got picked on a whole hell of a lot …anyway , kid is flourishing now …good for him …and when he gets announced as a starter the P.A. announcer still says from Kentucky
It's good he's got an idiot like you to protect. him.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Little bit more to the story than what's come out and he's not said anything derogatory about Kentucky. Some of the '22 team members sure as hell never wanted him to play last year and took that to Cal. Worried about losing PT and he stuck with them. Cal has been in a slump and that decision will haunt him for some time. So when you hear "he didn't want to play when they got hurt and needed him" remember many of '22 team didn't want him to play at all either.

Source?

Same friend who gives me info that is close to the program. The guy who told me about Monk/Bam, all the way through the Skyy Clark stuff. This isn't anything new. I stated this at the time last year as well in several threads. That same friend said "he's not coming back he's gone" when repeatedly asked if I'd heard anything. When I got or get info via him, I share it.

Last year when it all went down I said in one thread “ maybe he isn’t playing because he doesn’t want to mess up the chemistry of the team”

If true I wish Cal could have made it all work . Either way it was handled badly and Sharpe came out looking like the bad guy fair or not .

Most hated recruit in UK history. That is the only dubious honor this POS holds in this state.Could care less about his exploits in the NBA...Thanks Cal, I blame your sorry ass just as much

I'd place as much blame on Cal as the young guy. I am pissed off about how it was handled and agree with your take in regard to that. But having competed against some real pricks who mouth off and act like ass--les, still don't wish injury on them. It's just sports and he did everything he said he'd do-committed to Kentucky, came to school early, and then from there, Cal listened to some '22 players who didn't want Sharpe playing to take minutes and rest played out as it did. Sucks. I get it.

Not telling you to like/support/embrace him. But just wish you wouldn't wish injury on any player. There are players who read this stuff and it's not a great look. Wish he flops as a player or misses every shot, etc...but injury...stay away, it's bad karma.
Wonder who said players were? 🤔 So, it did cause friction and mess up the chemistry. I said that as soon as it was announced he was coming early. I still believe that’s what caused issues with team chemistry right after he arrived.

Reactions: dcw62
Your man crush over this quitter is worrisome. Seek help.

So just a crush then. I kid I kid.

Reactions: JST390-2
Here’s my point, the deal was sharp regardless of who was right or wrong cause a great deal of pain to the vast majority of BBM and you very well know that. Every time you post this crap what is your purpose because it does nothing because pain. If you want to admire and celebrate Sharp that’s on you but you know that most of the people on this board do not carry a damn about him.

Same friend who gives me info that is close to the program. The guy who told me about Monk/Bam, all the way through the Skyy Clark stuff. This isn't anything new. I stated this at the time last year as well in several threads. That same friend said "he's not coming back he's gone" when repeatedly asked if I'd heard anything. When I got or get info via him, I share it.

If true, I certainly would hold less of a grudge against Sharpe. If the team didn’t want him to play, then I understand his actions much more. I do wish someone would come out and confirm it so there wasn’t mass speculation.

If true, I certainly would hold less of a grudge against Sharpe. If the team didn’t want him to play, then I understand his actions much more. I do wish someone would come out and confirm it so there wasn’t mass speculation.
Yeah....don't think many are going to claim that with how the season ended. Calipari is going to protect the players and take the bullet which honestly he should. It was his decision. He chose to listen/trust those guys.

Here’s my point, the deal was sharp regardless of who was right or wrong cause a great deal of pain to the vast majority of BBM and you very well know that. Every time you post this crap what is your purpose because it does nothing because pain. If you want to admire and celebrate Sharp that’s on you but you know that most of the people on this board do not carry a damn about him.
I’d say it’s not a vast majority …it’s just the ones that complain are loud …I don’t let that deter me if in my mind something is relevant and worth posting

Scroll to the 5:50 mark …Sharpe reflecting on the season …he’s actually expressing himself lol I kid …Shaedon is gonna be a problem next year for the NBA

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
What do you bas
What do you base that on? I’m calling BS.

I don't wish injury on him, but I won't follow him and wish him well either. He's dead to me. Most Kentucky players that barely do anything and leave as quickly as possible are as well. I support the school not the mercenaries that put us last in their priorities.

Reactions: katwest
What kills me is that the simple choice of Sharpe not playing, very likely changed the entire course of the season. We can debate all day what Cal knew and what he didn't.. but not having Sharpe meant we lost out on having some one else to play the wing. And not having Sharpe play, when our other guards/wings go injured, absolutely killed us.

Sharpe is turning out to be a pretty damn good pro prospect.. I'm not sure if he wins us a title or even a Final4 last year.. But I'm pretty confident in saying that we don't lose to 15-seed St. Peters, and I'd say it's pretty likely a talent like Sharpe (or even a lesser wing in his place), likely carries 2-seed Kentucky to a Sweet 16. And while that's not exactly good enough, it's a heck of a lot better than how the season ended.

But then, to think optimistically.. Sharpe or his replacement, very well might have given us a Final4 or beyond. Maybe we're good enough for a 1-seed. That would have drastically changed the outlook on Cal. It gives us more hardware, it might have kept one of our rivals out of a Final4. It gives us more wins for the win race.

It's just amazing to think how much one player's decision to not play hurt Kentucky (and Cal). It's hard to imagine a player's availability (or lack there of) having such a big impact. It was a total game changing blow.

• Love
Reactions: JST390-2
He came here to play, was our understanding, nobody really knows the truth about this situation. How do you think people will feel about you when you say your going to play here, use the facilities and are getting all the perks and privileges the other players are getting, then leave. I really don’t care what he does or even want to hear about him. To me he never was a Wildcat. KSR keeps having articles with him in them, the guy never played here.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT