ADVERTISEMENT

JQ to ASU

Good news and bad news. Not going to Louisville, But also gives UofL more money to go after Great Osobor

L's down 4 life and 4 EVAR!
maxresdefault.jpg

If the stories are true about the money requirement would the conclusion be that Arizona State came through? In any event, I kept reading Memphis was a strong possibility and that is a team I love to see lose so glad it is not them (if he really is any good. What I saw in the all-star game did not impress me).

Reactions: Fox2monk
If the stories are true about the money requirement would the conclusion be that Arizona State came through? In any event, I kept reading Memphis was a strong possibility and that is a team I love to see lose so glad it is not them (if he really is any good. What I saw in the all-star game did not impress me).
Trilly is saying north of a million

I'll tell yah, if I was a big time recruit, knowing I was likely going to the NBA regardless.. I too would probably pick a place like USC, Miami or ASU.. simply for the campus life, the girls, and opportunities in those bigger markets.. Now, that might prove to ultimately be a bad choice.. but it also might not matter. Some of these guys just dont need to go to East Lansing MI or Lawrence KS.

Nice. I bet he'll be back in the portal in a year.
I don't know. I think the ASU head coach, Bobby Hurley, is underrated. This might be the national recruit he needs to "break out" as a nationally recognized head coach. He has a brother that has done pretty well, you know. :cool:

Not crazy. ASU likely paid up, he can put up big numbers as the focal point against a weaker conference, then transfer right back out at the end of the season.

This one had an old school recruitment feel. Rumors he's wanting a huge payday and then the last random addition to the list gets the commitment.

Only difference is nowadays the payments are upfront.

I'll tell yah, if I was a big time recruit, knowing I was likely going to the NBA regardless.. I too would probably pick a place like USC, Miami or ASU.. simply for the campus life, the girls, and opportunities in those bigger markets.. Now, that might prove to ultimately be a bad choice.. but it also might not matter. Some of these guys just dont need to go to East Lansing MI or Lawrence KS.
It’s like the NFL. They’ll find you.

2 years if he doesnt transfer out. ASU is hottest girls and best party school in the ncaa

This is why I do think facilities matters, and if the report is true that ours really are lacking.. then they really need to step it up. Take some of that money saved on Cal and lets address these things. Lexington will never compete with Tempe or Miami.. but it should still be nice enough to entice players.

It's a beautiful campus.

Clearly a money grab. Why the hell would a kid in his position go there over UK, Ark w/ Cal, etc. I mean come on. Dude will be the poster child (pun intended) for NIL gone wrong in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT