ADVERTISEMENT

Razor Sharpe

Honestly Cal had no other choice. Simply because he was Cal.

It’s about how everyone else treats Cal, teams to Nike to refs to committees to ESPN. Look at all the dirty ways opposing recruiters have made him look like a chump. Can you imagine what would’ve happened if he had booted Sharpe off the team and he actually did come back and played next year for another team and really shone? Cal would probably never get another recruit again. Or grifters could probably make that same story work even if Sharpe went straight to the NBA and shone. Or even if Sharpe took five years to bloom and then really shone after that. There’s never been any statute of limitations on screwing our school over, and that whole effect has been multiplied ten times since we’ve had Cal.

Sharpe was a total butt hole all the way through. And it sucks that Cal had to put up with it. But realistically, he really did have to put up with it.

That's a GREAT point.. and it's kind of been my thought as well. Cal kind of had to just "deal" with it. If he kicked him off, it's public back lash and everyone claiming he's no longer about getting kids to the NBA. It's a distraction (more so than leaving him on the team). And even all that said, we still don't even know WHEN Cal exactly knew Sharpe wouldn't be playing. IIRC, there were talks that Sharpe might play as late as the last few games of the SEC play, because I remember saying on these very forums it was getting almost TOO late to insert him (little did I know about the injuries..). It's possible Sharpe was still dangling playing later that season over his head, along with the prospect of playing the following year. We will never know when Cal knew Sharpe wasn't going to play for us. Could have been from the start, it could have been when he announced for the draft. Who knows..

We all know Cal has an enormous ego. Don't you think he'd have KILLED to use an elite wing when Ty and Grady went out? What if Sharpe plays and we win a title? Imagine just how much Cal's image changes in the state of Kentucky, and how his legacy is now vaulted to new heights in college basketball.

I bet deep down he despises Sharpe. He may never admit it, to keep his business model going.. but Sharpe absolutely took Cal from being a potential king here, to a laughing stock when we lost to St. Peters. No way Cal is content with how this played out, if for nothing else than the hit to his own self image.

This is the more reasonable position. Those guys were all complete DUDS against St. Peter's. Didn't even look like D1 material.
Tyty Washington especially, was just a complete non factor in the Saint Peter’s game. Totally outplayed by a bunch of guys who likely won’t be making money playing basketball anywhere in 2 years. I mean you barely even noticed him on the floor. Pathetic.

Tyty Washington especially, was just a complete non factor in the Saint Peter’s game. Totally outplayed by a bunch of guys who likely won’t be making money playing basketball anywhere in 2 years. I mean you barely even noticed him on the floor. Pathetic.
I was impressed by Wheeler's air-balled FT when UK needed one badly, and the worst entry pass (turnover) D1 basketball has ever seen, by throwing the ball into the 5th row as the NPOY had his man sealed for an easy bucket.

It’s been awesome seeing our freshman shine when it counts. From PJ Washington killing it from the line against K State, to Jamal Murray catching the nets on fire against Indiana, to Tyler Herro showing out against Auburn, and of course TyTy stepping up against St Peters. Just clutch performance after clutch performance.

TyTy & Grady were both playing hurt. Supposedly, Grady was in so much pain that he couldn’t even walk after the game. Crazy to blame those two for gutting it out & playing thru excruciating pain, when they shouldn’t have had to. They left it all on the floor while Sharpe, contently, sat his ass on the bench, without a care in the world. It’s messed up that Cal allowed it to play out that way, too.
So let me get this straight: Grady and Tyty should have been playing in wheel chairs, that's how crippled they were and so Cal lost that game playing with only 3 starters on the floor but it's all his fault.

The thread title made me remember a kid that played high school football at Lafayette back in my high school days. Early 00s. I think the kids name was actual el razor sharp lol
anybody remember that. I think he was the RB

Holy cow. I thought bass was the biggest Cal apologist. Congrats, you might just take the cake. Wow.

You realize that he made a false accusation out of sheer hatred for our coach, right?

I get it, you guys don't like him. There's things not to like. Just don't make shit up, that's where problems are created.

Reactions: chroix
I’ve read the last two pages and you seem like a huge Cal apologist throughout.

Yeah that's me. Just explaining the situation to someone who tried to claim Cal purposely lied to use with no information. How dare I point out fallacies.

BS.jpg

Reactions: JST390-2
So let me get this straight: Grady and Tyty should have been playing in wheel chairs, that's how crippled they were and so Cal lost that game playing with only 3 starters on the floor but it's all his fault.
If not wheelchairs, body casts. Point is, it’s bs to blame the two guys who were playing hurt & at least trying to help their team win, IMO. Grady couldn’t walk after the game, but, that had nothing to do with him playing poorly, right? TyTy wasn’t hurting like Grady, but, he also played thru pain. It was obvious. They have legit excuses for their play.

If the pos, willfully, sitting on the bench all season had a pair, he would’ve been on the floor, helping his brothers & they wouldn’t have been forced to play so many minutes. And, who, exactly, played Grady & TyTy all game, even though they were hurting & playing like shit? Maybe if he had used every scholarship & recruited a replacement for Sharpe, we would’ve had the depth to sit them.

Reactions: tomrain and STL_Cat
If not wheelchairs, body casts. Point is, it’s bs to blame the two guys who were playing hurt & at least trying to help their team win, IMO. Grady couldn’t walk after the game, but, that had nothing to do with him playing poorly, right? TyTy wasn’t hurting like Grady, but, he also played thru pain. It was obvious. They have legit excuses for their play.

If the pos, willfully, sitting on the bench all season had a pair, he would’ve been on the floor, helping his brothers & they wouldn’t have been forced to play so many minutes. And, who, exactly, played Grady & TyTy all game, even though they were hurting & playing like shit? Maybe if he had used every scholarship & recruited a replacement for Sharpe, we would’ve had the depth to sit them.

I think Gradys injury severity is still lost on many here. He was so hobbled and in pain it affected his entire game. You could argue that he, and Ty, basically became liabilities on the floor.

It would be nice to fill out schollys... but I think that's easier said than done. When you have 8 5-stars ahead of you, you're not going to come to Kentucky to sit on the bench. I don't believe any team really goes deeper than 8 guys in terms of ready-now talent.

Ever had plantar fasciitis? If not let me elaborate. Imagine someone taking a shoe and filling the interior with Legos. Then you have to put the shoe on and WALK IN IT.

And Grady has it in both feet. Dude had steel balls to fight trough that.

All the while a selfish piece of crap sat on his ass.

And yet you support Calipari
Why would anyone not support Calipari?

Like the poster you are asking that question to I spend a lot of money supporting UK basketball. Not so much other sports. I don't get to Lexington much anymore but I go to every SEC tourney, to Chicago whenever we play there. Also Indy. I go to every FF that UK is in and have since 1978. I have reservations for Houston already. I've been to the Bahamas the last 2 trips. I'm planning on being in London.

Where's your support other than complaining here?

As for Calipari, I support him because he's our coach. But I'm also glad he's our coach. I was too young to really appreciate Rupp. Learned to appreciate him later. I was a Joe B fan when others weren't. He would have been vilified on the internet had there been one. I was a Sutton fan but the program was too big for him. I loved what Pitino did here although I never liked Pitino the man. I was a Tubby fan for about a year and a half. Then just endured the rest of his tenure. I wish we had hired Cal right after Tubby but I liked BCG even though he was not the right guy to lead UK. UK got it right with Cal. He's a great coach. HoF coach in fact. He's a great ambassador for the University. He runs a clean program. Even though the haters said he wouldn't. "Hang your banners with Velcro" was the cry. They were wrong.

I wish Cal would do some things differently. I hate the "grind" Always have, always will. Whenever Cal hangs it up I'll miss him. But I'll be for the next guy until, and if, they show me I shouldn't be. Cal will be damn hard to replace though.

Amazing, no updates from the resident Sharpe super fan when he has a trash game.
Not sure if you’re referencing me but I agree he played bad …but it’s to be expected for a 19 year old kid that has hardly played competitive basketball in the last 18 months …he won’t play bad every night …maybe you only want updates when he plays like trash ? …peace bro GO CATS’

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504
So our 10 million dollar coach either lied that he didn't know the plays or didn't know that his own player was a fast learner. There's your options.
If I was guessing, Id say he just couldnt grasp our complicated out of bounds play. Probably what kept him off the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT