ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas playing in Puerto Rico

Just read that KU was starting a three game international exhibition schedule starting today.
Of note is that the Bahamian team they play (twice) in the next few days... has a roster of Deandre Ayton, Eric Gordon, Klay Thompson, Kai Jones, Buddy Hield, and Remy Martin.
That can't go well for them.
Actually that’s what we need. Some serious pressure in the off-season to develop our team. It’s very good for Kansas and I wouldn’t be surprised if they requested that the Bahamian team go get some players to put them under pressure.

I might be in the minority but I really think Kansas is going to take a noticeable step back from last season. They're slower, not as good at shooting, and have less depth. I wouldn't trade our roster for theirs. If they're the team to beat in college basketball, I like our chances.
One of the worst takes I’ve seen on here and that’s something. Calipari would wire self 8 billion dollars for the Kansas roster.

“Less depth” as Kansas replaces botty pettiford, joe yesefu and MJ Rice with Arterio morris, Elmarko jackson, and Nick Timberlake LOL.

Reactions: Zutt-man
“Less depth” as Kansas replaces botty pettiford, joe yesefu and MJ Rice with Arterio morris, Elmarko jackson, and Nick Timberlake LOL.
Only judging it on paper at this point but MJ Rice was a 5* underachiever who you replace with Arterio Morris, another 5* underachiever. You also lose your 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th men (Yesufu, Pettiford, Udeh, and Ejiofor + Rice) and replace them with Elmarko Jackson who looks promising, Christian Braun's brother who was a solid FCS level player, a kid who couldn't crack your rotation in Clemence, and a couple four star freshmen. Also Timberlake is gonna be a starter it looks like and he is a good player, but he's also a guard who had as many assists as turnovers and might struggle with P5 level length and athleticism.

I like the starters you bring back but I think the guys who left are better than the ones you brought in. I don't think that's such a crazy thought.

Do some of you all have Google alerts for whenever this place has a post on your team? I swear, Duke and KU fans popping up all over the place.

It's an active board and fun to cut it up with other fans of bluebloods. Nothing really serious. I don't post often.

Cheers.

Ar
Only judging it on paper at this point but MJ Rice was a 5* underachiever who you replace with Arterio Morris, another 5* underachiever. You also lose your 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th men (Yesufu, Pettiford, Udeh, and Ejiofor + Rice) and replace them with Elmarko Jackson who looks promising, Christian Braun's brother who was a solid FCS level player, a kid who couldn't crack your rotation in Clemence, and a couple four star freshmen. Also Timberlake is gonna be a starter it looks like and he is a good player, but he's also a guard who had as many assists as turnovers and might struggle with P5 level length and athleticism.

I like the starters you bring back but I think the guys who left are better than the ones you brought in. I don't think that's such a crazy thought.
Arterio Morris was stuck behind the best guards in basketball last year. Had 20 points today. They will be the pre season #1 team and have all the ingredients to win a title, last years team didn’t even have a center.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
One of the worst takes I’ve seen on here and that’s something. Calipari would wire self 8 billion dollars for the Kansas roster.
LMAO possibly the last few years but not this year . Why would any person trade a roster with 4-6 1st rounders for one with none ( as far as I can see in mock drafts but even if there is 1 my point remains the same ) . And that doesn't even take into account 2 of the guys who will be top 4 in scoring for us ( Reeves and Mitchell) .

I sure hope so. I can't stand that program. Bunch of frauds, liars, cheaters, abusers, etc.

Just remember, this is the true nature of KU Basketbrawl:
kansas-basketball-fight-1.jpg
Oh wow, any aftermath photos of when he brings that stool down on that dude? Guessing aftermath looked like a WWE cage match.

LMAO possibly the last few years but not this year . Why would any person trade a roster with 4-6 1st rounders for one with none ( as far as I can see in mock drafts but even if there is 1 my point remains the same ) . And that doesn't even take into account 2 of the guys who will be top 4 in scoring for us ( Reeves and Mitchell) .
Yeah because nba draft stock is all that matters in college basketball. Reeves is good. I like Mitchell. Dillingham and Wagner going to get eaten alive by Dajuan and Arterio, will be a rough welcome to college game but I’m sure by the end of the year they will be studs.

You're right. Scheyer doesn't know how to cheat nearly as well.
Lol. Shoe brands push players to their respective colleges. Get over it. Same reason UK and Duke get the best high school kids. Can’t fool the older transfers tho which is why you guys can’t get one to save your life. Nobody does less with more than UK and Duke. Gladly take our 3ish star kids from the Kansas City metro and win titles.

You're right. Scheyer doesn't know how to cheat nearly as well.

Are you serious? Do you not know who handed him the reigns?

K is the filthiest of them all.

We can go back and forth on who's squad is better, an argument can be made for KU, UK and Duke all being better than the other. I think the coaching is where KU would have the advantage.

Are you serious? Do you not know who handed him the reigns?

K is the filthiest of them all.

We can go back and forth on who's squad is better, an argument can be made for KU, UK and Duke all being better than the other. I think the coaching is where KU would have the advantage.
I mean there is no argument for UK being better than the other 2 you named. Don’t think anyone on here would disagree with that unless they just can’t take the UK goggles off.

Gotta get other KU fans to just be trolls and play along when Adidas or former players problems come up. Nothing we say is gonna change a UK fans mind, just like nothing y’all say really is gonna make KU worse or get in trouble.

At the end of the day, we are just going to be slow, have no depth, lose a lot of games, and probably be still a top 4 seed in the tournament because refs cheat for us and the media loves us. Simple math guys.

Gotta get other KU fans to just be trolls and play along when Adidas or former players problems come up. Nothing we say is gonna change a UK fans mind, just like nothing y’all say really is gonna make KU worse or get in trouble.

At the end of the day, we are just going to be slow, have no depth, lose a lot of games, and probably be still a top 4 seed in the tournament because refs cheat for us and the media loves us. Simple math guys.
You left out getting to play 8-5 in the Fieldhouse the grossest home court advantage in the sport to the point that the announcers even bring it up with how egregious it gets at times.

Hey, I'd love to have this setup where our team plays NBA players and vets.. certainly more useful than the Bahama teams we played.

You go into those games expecting to lose, but that's kind of the point. You're not going to face many players in college this year that are on the level of Ayton, Eric Gordon, etc.
You guys remember when the USA Select Team gave the '96 US Olympic team all sorts of fits? I remember Shea Seals going off on them early in the game. Team USA had to come back from 17 points down.

Last edited:
Yeah because nba draft stock is all that matters in college basketball. Reeves is good. I like Mitchell. Dillingham and Wagner going to get eaten alive by Dajuan and Arterio, will be a rough welcome to college game but I’m sure by the end of the year they will be studs.

You may wanna look up Reed Sheppard, because he was better and got more clock than Dillingham during our summer tour. Kid is going to be better than his dad, easily.

Vitale watched and tweeted out that the kid should have been rated a 5 star.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
You left out getting to play 8-5 in the Fieldhouse the grossest home court advantage in the sport to the point that the announcers even bring it up with how egregious it gets at times.
Sorry when I said “refs cheat for us” I figured I didn’t have to get in to the specifics. Thanks for having my back.

Also good leaving out the fact that y’all have a larger foul and FT disparity at home than we do over the last 20 years. That would mess with the narrative and we can’t have that.

KU sucks!

I saw Memphis lost to the Dominican team this week. The Dominican team has Quinones on it, who played at Memphis and now plays for Golden State. That’s pretty cool that they got to play against him.

Memphis has an entire team of transfers

Ar

Arterio Morris was stuck behind the best guards in basketball last year. Had 20 points today. They will be the pre season #1 team and have all the ingredients to win a title, last years team didn’t even have a center.
And now you have a center who will struggle to guard most top level teams. Oscar, Edey, Dickinson, etc. haven't been on any Final 4 teams for a reason.

Hey, I'd love to have this setup where our team plays NBA players and vets.. certainly more useful than the Bahama teams we played.

You go into those games expecting to lose, but that's kind of the point. You're not going to face many players in college this year that are on the level of Ayton, Eric Gordon, etc.
Do our players in the NBA still come back and play with the current players like they used to?

Nobody does less with more than UK and Duke.

Bro you have 4 titles (legit ones, not wonderbread ones) in 83 years of NCAA tournaments. Duke had more than that in a 24-year span. Kentucky has twice that. Hell, UConn has more than you. It wasn’t that long ago UK was 19-3 all time vs KU. You’ve had the better of us the last 5 years, but get some perspective please. I mean your team of Vaughn, Pierce, LaFrentz and Pollard didn’t even make the FF. At least 2015 UK did. Bucknell? Northern Iowa? Roy choking all those times? Glass houses man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT