ADVERTISEMENT

HS State Finals

You are exactly right. It is a bunch of "bigots" who assume that because a kid is black that his parents do not care about education. So when they apply for financial aid at a private school it is because they were recruited to play football or basketball. I can't tell you how many times I read and saw these same BS arguments used back in 2012 when Trinity won the state in basketball for the first time and Mr. Basketball was a black (actually mixed) player at Trinity. You saw the same, Trinity recruits, garbage with regard to him. The problem is the kids dad is a UPS pilot and he went to Catholic grade school from 1 thru 8th. It was garbage. It never ends.

So a lot of jealousy goes into this because Trinity is frankly the states flagship High School, certainly athletically. The assumption that Quick or Hatcher (same era as above 2011-12) came to Trinity simply for a football scholly carries with it the assumption that since they are black their parents do not care about academics. Its a horrible argument to make and should stop. EVERY successful sports team in boys and girls sports RECRUITS. Trinity provides financial aid to ANYONE who applies and as noted is handled blindly by a 3rd party administrator. There are a whole lot of non-athletes at THS whose parents have applied and received assistance because I assure you $14K is a lot of money for 90% of people out there. You should go stand outside after school one day and look at those kids and the cars they drive home in or catch the bus in front of school. Those are not all rich "Lake Forrest" kids. Go over to CAL if you want to see those.
Nothing you have written changes the fact that Trinity gains an athletic advantage by being able to recruit county wide and from Indiana. You can argue academics but that is not the basis of this thread. I assume Quick and Hatcher received a great education at Trinity. What are both doing today? As a graduate of Male High and an AA, there is absolutely no jealousy of Trinity, St X or any parochial school on my part when it comes to sports or academics. I'll put my public school education up against any of them along with Manual or Flaget.

Reactions: mapcatfan
School opened in 1968, I was a junior, went first two years to Oil Springs HS. I graduated spring of 1970. Never knew of any football team until the fall of 1970.

Yes, Brugh was pretty much a legend at PHS, won a lot of games. Howard Wallen graduated in 1970, same as me. Played basketball at Morehead. Wendell, his dad, coached BB at JC in early 70's, after Howard had graduated.

First record of JC and PHS playing is 1974 in the link, if it shows up, I'm not to good at this. Links at the bottom.

And Paintsville was fine with the series, as long as they were winning the majority of the time. Matney played JV, Freshmen, the whole team when he played PHS trying to keep the score respectable. The game was a big money maker for both schools, no travel and huge crowds.

I was so happy when we hired Matney from SC, couldn't understand why we hadn't done it years before. Politics I would guess.

https://jcgoldeneagles.com/main/teamfiles/id/3698089/seasonId/4277849
Actually, the goofy people over the school board decided that they wouldn't meet Jim's demands and believe me, they weren't anything for them to turn him down... When Matney left, it took the football program with it... I'm happy for Jim and I can't understand why someone hasn't tried to come in and pluck Jim away from JC...

You seem to have insight into Male. Take a look at your softball coach. All great programs recruit players. Those NC girls didnt just show up there for the heck of it.
You seem to be arguing that it's okay to recruit because you know your school has a long history of it. It's not okay for any school, public or private, to recruit. It's against the rules. Period. Any championships won through cheating are worthless.

You seem to have insight into Male. Take a look at your softball coach. All great programs recruit players. Those NC girls didnt just show up there for the heck of it.
It's probably a situation similar to Assumption and its volleyball producing machine. I don't keep up with girls sports at Male other than Girls track because I coached them too.

It's probably a situation similar to Assumption and its volleyball producing machine. I don't keep up with girls sports at Male other than Girls track because I coached them too.

Male's girls softball team just won the state, undefeated, and mythical national championship. Their coach came from Grayson Cty - Mercy now Male...long history of travel ball coaching...which involves as does ALL travel sports...RECRUITING. To the degree he or Kordes at Assumption have run travel clubs for their sports and with both clubs that are the top level in KY and regionally.....to the degree those young players come up through their system and then decide they want to go to the High School to play for the coach they play for in club sports...that is how it works.

I know nothing about soccer and don't consider it a real sport but am told it happens the same way with it.

Football does not have a "travel" aspect for youth so you are limited to CSAA and now pubs have a middle-school path. It only took 100 years for PUB parents to get off their asses to create MS baseball/softball/football opportunities to help cut into the CSAA pipeline. That is on YOUR folks. Not ours.

Every HS pub and private baseball, softball, football program has a camp for youth players from grade school to attend. What the heck do you think happens at those? Seriously? Those who do not understand that coaches interact with the parents of athletes and the PARENTS make decisions for their kids. If you do not realize that goes on then you have never been associated with athletics...certainly with the better players. It boils down to jealousy and an excuse by others as to why Trinity wins.

You seem to be arguing that it's okay to recruit because you know your school has a long history of it. It's not okay for any school, public or private, to recruit. It's against the rules. Period. Any championships won through cheating are worthless.

Well since they ALL do it we have a lot of worthless championships out there.

Well since they ALL do it we have a lot of worthless championships out there.

Actually, they all don't. My sons high school did not recruit. I would assume many others do not as well. You're just avoiding the issue of cheating by trying to lump all schools together. The bottom line is if you have to cheat to win, what have you really won?

I recall when Johnson Central began their football program in the late '60's. They were really bad but started to turn things around under Ed "Teenie" Vanhoose in the mid-'70's. Definitely a powerhouse now.
You are correct, I’ve known Teenie virtually all my life. He played high school football with my dad at the old Louisa High School.
Fast forward several years when he was coaching JC, he took great enjoyment in beating the breaks off my Lawrence County team. Made for some interesting conversations years later.
Above all though, he was a great guy who really enjoyed coaching and being around the boys he coached.

Dr., I wanted to say this and it is OT. During my 23 years coaching track at Male I have met many Trinity and St X athletes. In addition to some of them being great athletes, ALL of them appeared to be respectful kids. It was always "Yes Sir " or "No Sir" when talking to them.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Actually, they all don't. My sons high school did not recruit. I would assume many others do not as well. You're just avoiding the issue of cheating by trying to lump all schools together. The bottom line is if you have to cheat to win, what have you really won?

Sometimes we make the assumption that people out in the state have the same access to options as we do in Louisville. I'm guessing that you are either out in a county with a lone county HS or your son's school sucks athletically. Which is it?

Sometimes we make the assumption that people out in the state have the same access to options as we do in Louisville. I'm guessing that you are either out in a county with a lone county HS or your son's school sucks athletically. Which is it?
Neither.

I really don't want to specifically say where I live and where my son played basketball. If you look at the surrounding counties to Louisville, you will see several that have more than one high school and have schools with good athletic programs. To name a few, Shelby, Oldham, and Bullitt. It's safe to say I live in a neighboring county to Louisville and my son played for a competitive basketball team. We also have had very competitive football teams.

I really don't want to specifically say where I live and where my son played basketball. If you look at the surrounding counties to Louisville, you will see several that have more than one high school and have schools with good athletic programs. To name a few, Shelby, Oldham, and Bullitt. It's safe to say I live in a neighboring county to Louisville and my son played for a competitive basketball team. We also have had very competitive football teams.

Does your sons HS hold an open basketball camp for youth players to attend?

Yes. They hold one in June I believe. They used to split the kids and my son used to get to coach one of the teams. He always enjoyed it.

Yes. They hold one in June I believe. They used to split the kids and my son used to get to coach one of the teams. He always enjoyed it.

And you do realize that these are a recruiting tool and opportunity for every HS that does this. The parents bring the kid to expose the kid to the coaches so they have a leg up on kids who arrive Frosh year as an unknown. I always tell people who become obsessed with their kid playing in HS...I always tell them to start sending their "son" to the HS camp at the earliest possible age. I'm involved in the "community" so I know what goes on at something as seemingly harmless as a camp. If a kid shines at the camp there will be coaches and others with the program who will say....we'd love to see you come to HS here. It happens all the time and that is "recruiting."

Reactions: catzfanjim
And you do realize that these are a recruiting tool and opportunity for every HS that does this. The parents bring the kid to expose the kid to the coaches so they have a leg up on kids who arrive Frosh year as an unknown. I always tell people who become obsessed with their kid playing in HS...I always tell them to start sending their "son" to the HS camp at the earliest possible age. I'm involved in the "community" so I know what goes on at something as seemingly harmless as a camp. If a kid shines at the camp there will be coaches and others with the program who will say....we'd love to see you come to HS here. It happens all the time and that is "recruiting."
I think you are making a generalization that you can't back up except from your knowledge of your own school.

We had an opportunity to pick up a really good transfer that was looking at our school when my son was a junior. He played AAU with my son. I mentioned to our coach that the kid was thinking about transferring to our school and he told me stays out of those things because it's against the rules. He never once asked about the kid or made any attempts to contact him or his parents. Of course he is a very ethical man and I wouldn't have thought he would do anything to cross the line. I just wanted him to know what might be happening. The kid ended up going somewhere else.

My son worked all those camps during his 4 years playing basketball. He never mentioned any attempts to recruit a kid. Also, virtually all of the kids are from the county. They don't come from other counties. We all know which districts the kids live in because they attend middle school here. We know which middle schools feed into each high school. It is very easy to see if a kid changes districts before high school. It is very rare that it happens. Kids grow up being fans of a certain school and they don't really want to play for an in county rival.

I think you are making a generalization that you can't back up except from your knowledge of your own school.

We had an opportunity to pick up a really good transfer that was looking at our school when my son was a junior. He played AAU with my son. I mentioned to our coach that the kid was thinking about transferring to our school and he told me stays out of those things because it's against the rules. He never once asked about the kid or made any attempts to contact him or his parents. Of course he is a very ethical man and I wouldn't have thought he would do anything to cross the line. I just wanted him to know what might be happening. The kid ended up going somewhere else.

My son worked all those camps during his 4 years playing basketball. He never mentioned any attempts to recruit a kid. Also, virtually all of the kids are from the county. They don't come from other counties. We all know which districts the kids live in because they attend middle school here. We know which middle schools feed into each high school. It is very easy to see if a kid changes districts before high school. It is very rare that it happens. Kids grow up being fans of a certain school and they don't really want to play for an in county rival.

Jefferson County has many many more options as you know than your county does. It is much different here with much greater competition for players. You mentioned Oldham. That one is funny because I know of kids (basketball) who have lived in Oldham but have gone to Ballard to play basketball. It also goes the other way. I know a family that moved to KY from Texas and just coincidentally popped up in the district they were "recruited" into to play for the coach they wanted to play for. Coincidentally Ballard. It happens at any program where the coach is good and the sport is taken seriously. PRP baseball is a great example. Do you remember the LLWS champions from Valley Sports? Do a residency check on that group. There was a cross river situation with one of their players as well. It is naive to believe that recruiting doesnt go on. I coached a CSAA kid who went 8years to catholic school...and magically was admitted to Manual. Just happened to be a star pitcher...oh the luck. You may be the luckiest man on the face of the earth who never "advertised" his program to potential student athletes. It is just how it is. I simply note that these are the "recruiting" things that happen everywhere and are harmless. The Trinity bashing is different because they charge Trinity gives free tuition to get the players. That would certainly be wrong and a violation. It also doesnt happen. Beatty doesnt need to recruit. Trinity's reputation and great coaching and program recruits itself. Great players want to play for great programs. That is all the recruiting Trinity needs.

Jefferson County has many many more options as you know than your county does. It is much different here with much greater competition for players. You mentioned Oldham. That one is funny because I know of kids (basketball) who have lived in Oldham but have gone to Ballard to play basketball. It also goes the other way. I know a family that moved to KY from Texas and just coincidentally popped up in the district they were "recruited" into to play for the coach they wanted to play for. Coincidentally Ballard. It happens at any program where the coach is good and the sport is taken seriously. PRP baseball is a great example. Do you remember the LLWS champions from Valley Sports? Do a residency check on that group. There was a cross river situation with one of their players as well. It is naive to believe that recruiting doesnt go on. I coached a CSAA kid who went 8years to catholic school...and magically was admitted to Manual. Just happened to be a star pitcher...oh the luck. You may be the luckiest man on the face of the earth who never "advertised" his program to potential student athletes. It is just how it is. I simply note that these are the "recruiting" things that happen everywhere and are harmless. The Trinity bashing is different because they charge Trinity gives free tuition to get the players. That would certainly be wrong and a violation. It also doesnt happen. Beatty doesnt need to recruit. Trinity's reputation and great coaching and program recruits itself. Great players want to play for great programs. That is all the recruiting Trinity needs.
Yes, Jefferson County is a different animal than most counties in Kentucky. I'm not ragging on Trinity specifically. I think it all needs to be cleaned up, public schools and private schools. I know you are probably very proud of Trinity's athletic accomplishments. But I can tell you that out in the State they are viewed as bought and paid for. In other words, your school isn't earning the respect that you feel when you look at those accomplishments. Whether recruiting players is true in all cases or not, that is the perception. You can write it off to sour grapes if you want, but I don't see much in the way of sour grapes in my conversations with people. They simply view the world as if you are recruiting to win championships, you haven't really won anything. In other words, they just don't care about those championships because the perception is they weren't earned fairly.

You say Trinity doesn't give tuition to attract athletes. I know for a fact of players they have approached and given financial aid simply because they were athletes. In other words, the student didn't reach out to them. They reached out to the student because he was an athlete. So I know what you are saying is not accurate. I know you want to believe the best about your school, but some private and public schools flat out cheat. It is what it is. I just don't have much respect for schools that don't play by the rules, public or private.

I grew up in Hazard and went to Hazard High School. My own school probably cheated when they got Johnny Cox to transfer back in the 50s. I wasn't around back then, but that has always been the rumor. I don't really respect that championship if we cheated to win it.

I can corroborate a lot of of what HiStepper has said about Male.

Three middle schools get you in to Male. JCTMS, Barrett, and Johnson Traditional.

What he posted about Hatcher and Quick is spot on. Both were in the traditional program until something happened.

Ignore MirageSmack, that dude lives in an alternate universe.

You are correct, I’ve known Teenie virtually all my life. He played high school football with my dad at the old Louisa High School.
Fast forward several years when he was coaching JC, he took great enjoyment in beating the breaks off my Lawrence County team. Made for some interesting conversations years later.
Above all though, he was a great guy who really enjoyed coaching and being around the boys he coached.
I had heard that he was a "player's coach" from several guys that played for him. He was very instrumental in turning the progam around.

Reactions: Cabo Blue
Yes, Jefferson County is a different animal than most counties in Kentucky. I'm not ragging on Trinity specifically. I think it all needs to be cleaned up, public schools and private schools. I know you are probably very proud of Trinity's athletic accomplishments. But I can tell you that out in the State they are viewed as bought and paid for. In other words, your school isn't earning the respect that you feel when you look at those accomplishments. Whether recruiting players is true in all cases or not, that is the perception. You can write it off to sour grapes if you want, but I don't see much in the way of sour grapes in my conversations with people. They simply view the world as if you are recruiting to win championships, you haven't really won anything. In other words, they just don't care about those championships because the perception is they weren't earned fairly.

You say Trinity doesn't give tuition to attract athletes. I know for a fact of players they have approached and given financial aid simply because they were athletes. In other words, the student didn't reach out to them. They reached out to the student because he was an athlete. So I know what you are saying is not accurate. I know you want to believe the best about your school, but some private and public schools flat out cheat. It is what it is. I just don't have much respect for schools that don't play by the rules, public or private.

I grew up in Hazard and went to Hazard High School. My own school probably cheated when they got Johnny Cox to transfer back in the 50s. I wasn't around back then, but that has always been the rumor. I don't really respect that championship if we cheated to win it.

Players weren’t “given” anything. Again- if families want to attend a private school and don’t have the means to do so, they apply for financial aid thru a third party clearinghouse. Though I live in N Ky, my roots are in Eastern Ky, and believe me -many schools in Eastern Ky have the recruiting thing mastered. Not to mention “holdbacks”.

Also- are you aware that many of our public county schools have open enrollment? Kenton Co for instance has open enrollment. Multiple high schools (Simon Kenton, Scott and Beechwood) competing for the same students. You don’t think they are trying to entice families? I’m not saying thru illegal means - but it’s the exact same practice that goes on with Catholic schools. Of course they market themselves. Boone Co, on the other hand, is closed enrollment- so you attend the school according to where you live on a map in the county. I believe Fayette is this was as well.

I think most recruiting involves getting a parent a good job in that area first then surprise they are in the right district to whatever school had an alumni or connection to get them hired.

I know both public's and privates recruit. My biggest issue with the deal is that the privates have an unfair advantage academically due to them being able to discriminate against who enters their doors. They have a built in advantage by being able to remove any unruly student from their system. That is a game changer in the recruiting aspect of it. They also can pull kids from outside areas easier. I know public's can get a kid eligible, but sometimes depending on a reciprocal agreement that kids may have to move homes in order to play for another program. Privates don't have as big an issue of school boundaries.

Players weren’t “given” anything. Again- if families want to attend a private school and don’t have the means to do so, they apply for financial aid thru a third party clearinghouse. Though I live in N Ky, my roots are in Eastern Ky, and believe me -many schools in Eastern Ky have the recruiting thing mastered. Not to mention “holdbacks”.

Also- are you aware that many of our public county schools have open enrollment? Kenton Co for instance has open enrollment. Multiple high schools (Simon Kenton, Scott and Beechwood) competing for the same students. You don’t think they are trying to entice families? I’m not saying thru illegal means - but it’s the exact same practice that goes on with Catholic schools. Of course they market themselves. Boone Co, on the other hand, is closed enrollment- so you attend the school according to where you live on a map in the county. I believe Fayette is this was as well.
I think your reading comprehension needs some work. You are siting all these examples of public schools that recruit as if I have said they don't. In fact, my posts say both public and private schools recruit and it all needs to be cleaned up.

I assume you are talking about the Catholic Foundation? At least in the Louisville area that is the organization that offers financial assistance to those wanting to attend Catholic schools and can't afford it. It is not an independent third party as you describe. It is literally a Catholic organization. I think it would be interesting to see how much money it gives to non Catholic students who have never attended Catholic elementary schools and what percentage of those play sports. That would tell the tale in terms of if there is wide spread abuse of the system. I hope there is not, but my personal experience tells me they approach kids that stand out in athletics.

Go Somerset Briar Jumpers...handily beat an undefeated Breathitt County last night. One loss this year at LCA by one point.
I was at that game. I predicted they'd win state after I saw them play Beechwood and beat the shit out of them. I played for southwestern but I'll still cheer for Somerset.

Pulaski alum here. We were severely bitten by the injury bug this season so, I'll cheer for Somerset. Been a long time since the Jumpers were State Champs and this is as good a shot as they'll get.
But, PC will be back soon with a talented group currently making waves in JV.
Yeah you guys just had bad luck with injuries to your 4 best players basically. Never in my life did I think PC would become the dominant team in the area. At Southwestern we beat you badly 3 out of my four years playing against you. Hines became your coach my sophomore year. We won 51-7. The year after I graduated Hines started beating southwestern. Of course we had a now convicted child molester coaching our team who was terrible at play calling. We just had talent to overcome it. It felt cheap beating you guys twice this year.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
I think your reading comprehension needs some work. You are siting all these examples of public schools that recruit as if I have said they don't. In fact, my posts say both public and private schools recruit and it all needs to be cleaned up.

I assume you are talking about the Catholic Foundation? At least in the Louisville area that is the organization that offers financial assistance to those wanting to attend Catholic schools and can't afford it. It is not an independent third party as you describe. It is literally a Catholic organization. I think it would be interesting to see how much money it gives to non Catholic students who have never attended Catholic elementary schools and what percentage of those play sports. That would tell the tale in terms of if there is wide spread abuse of the system. I hope there is not, but my personal experience tells me they approach kids that stand out in athletics.

I comprehend fine- I comprehend that you like throwing shade at Trinity by insinuating “no one feels like they are a legit champ” due to the perception of cheating. That’s your silly unfactual opinion but I comprehend it.

FACTS Management Company is a national 3rd party tuition assistance group used by schools all over the country. I am not talking about the Catholic Foundation. I am not sure who Trinity or other Louisville private schools use. You do understand that in most Catholic schools, the majority of students play some type of sport- football, basketball, baseball, track, soccer, swimming, wrestling. It would be easier to find students who don’t play a sport than those who do. You really think kids and families are getting money or jobs from school administrations who can barely afford to pay their own teachers? Give me a break.

And DrH said it exactly right- EVERY school Public and Private (at least those that care) have a marketing plan and that plan involves getting their name and accolades out to the public. Every sports camp, craft fair, fish fry etc is a chance for the school to get families in the door and exposed to the school. There’s nothing wrong with it- in fact it’s the best thing that can happen in a community because it shows they care. So when those kids come in the door- be it for athletic, academic or artistic reasons- of COURSE the schools want to hold on to them by continuing to show the kids and families how their lives can be better by attending. So don’t act self righteous to insinuate that its wrong. If you have some type of proof that money, property or services chnaged hands in exchange for a students athletes attendance, then I suggest you report it to the KHSAA, otherwise worry about something else.

Reactions: FHCat81

And you would be wrong.

https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3W96G

I comprehend fine- I comprehend that you like throwing shade at Trinity by insinuating “no one feels like they are a legit champ” due to the perception of cheating. That’s your silly unfactual opinion but I comprehend it.

FACTS Management Company is a national 3rd party tuition assistance group used by schools all over the country. I am not talking about the Catholic Foundation. I am not sure who Trinity or other Louisville private schools use. You do understand that in most Catholic schools, the majority of students play some type of sport- football, basketball, baseball, track, soccer, swimming, wrestling. It would be easier to find students who don’t play a sport than those who do. You really think kids and families are getting money or jobs from school administrations who can barely afford to pay their own teachers? Give me a break.

And DrH said it exactly right- EVERY school Public and Private (at least those that care) have a marketing plan and that plan involves getting their name and accolades out to the public. Every sports camp, craft fair, fish fry etc is a chance for the school to get families in the door and exposed to the school. There’s nothing wrong with it- in fact it’s the best thing that can happen in a community because it shows they care. So when those kids come in the door- be it for athletic, academic or artistic reasons- of COURSE the schools want to hold on to them by continuing to show the kids and families how their lives can be better by attending. So don’t act self righteous to insinuate that its wrong. If you have some type of proof that money, property or services chnaged hands in exchange for a students athletes attendance, then I suggest you report it to the KHSAA, otherwise worry about something else.
Sounds like you're mad. I find that amusing. Most of what you posted has nothing to do with anything I have said. I've never said it's wrong for schools to market themselves. I've never said it's wrong for schools to take kids who reach out to them. What I have said is it's wrong that schools recruit kids from other schools by contacting them to see if they can persuade them to come play sports at their school. That is flat out illegal and should be cleaned up. Once again your reading comprehension is a little lacking as most of what you said is pointless to what I have said.

In the Louisville area, which is the area I have been discussing, the Catholic Foundation advertises and provides financial assistance to kids who want to go to Catholic schools. I have no idea what happens in Northern Ky. Nor do I care, other than schools should not break KHSAA rules.

Bingo. Trinity uses FACTS. The absurdity of this whole thing is that Trinity is probably the most closely scrutinized program since Cal came to UK. It has its own Sandy Bell and does everything within the rules. FACTS is used to determine the amount that the student should receive in reduced tuition. Is there some booster or alumnus out there somewhere who pays the tuition for a kid...there is no way for anyone but that booster and the parents of the kid to know that. Certainly I know that we Trinity grads hold secret meetings and pool our money to pay out to kids we recruit at Mighty Mite football games..... Between you and me....I pay for 3 kids myself. One basketball player now a Soph 4star, an offensive lineman 5star, and a smart kid who is trying to save the planet. I am hoping to be their agents when they make it to "the league."

Bingo. Trinity uses FACTS. The absurdity of this whole thing is that Trinity is probably the most closely scrutinized program since Cal came to UK. It has its own Sandy Bell and does everything within the rules. FACTS is used to determine the amount that the student should receive in reduced tuition. Is there some booster or alumnus out there somewhere who pays the tuition for a kid...there is no way for anyone but that booster and the parents of the kid to know that. Certainly I know that we Trinity grads hold secret meetings and pool our money to pay out to kids we recruit at Mighty Mite football games..... Between you and me....I pay for 3 kids myself. One basketball player now a Soph 4star, an offensive lineman 5star, and a smart kid who is trying to save the planet. I am hoping to be their agents when they make it to "the league."
How does any of that have anything to do with whether Trinity, or any school, approaches a kid who plays sports for another school about coming to their school to play sports instead, without the kid reaching out to them first? It doesn't. It's just changing the subject to something else. When a school does that, it's breaking the rules. I have first hand knowledge of those things happening. You can try to redirect the discussion to something else, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.

Reactions: mapcatfan
Sounds like you're mad. I find that amusing. Most of what you posted has nothing to do with anything I have said. I've never said it's wrong for schools to market themselves. I've never said it's wrong for schools to take kids who reach out to them. What I have said is it's wrong that schools recruit kids from other schools by contacting them to see if they can persuade them to come play sports at their school. That is flat out illegal and should be cleaned up. Once again your reading comprehension is a little lacking as most of what you said is pointless to what I have said.

In the Louisville area, which is the area I have been discussing, the Catholic Foundation advertises and provides financial assistance to kids who want to go to Catholic schools. I have no idea what happens in Northern Ky. Nor do I care, other than schools should not break KHSAA rules.

Put down the shovel.

You realize that Louisville has about 100 parishes and schools. Are you pissed that somehow Trinity is influencing grade school tuition rates....because that is what the Catholic Foundation is doing.

Trinity has its own foundation that wealthy alumnus like myself donate to so that once FACTS determines that a student is needy....the money comes from US.

https://therecordnewspaper.org/tuition-assistance-aids-3100-students/

The Catholic Education Foundation, with the support the Archdiocese of Louisville and its parishes, is now providing tuition assistance to more than double the number of Catholic elementary students from just four years ago.

A record 3,100 students received tuition assistance this school year. That figure is up from 3,000 a year ago. Tuition assistance for the 2018-2019 school year totals $6.4 million, according to a press release from the Archdiocese of Louisville and the CEF.

Put down the shovel.

You realize that Louisville has about 100 parishes and schools. Are you pissed that somehow Trinity is influencing grade school tuition rates....because that is what the Catholic Foundation is doing.

Trinity has its own foundation that wealthy alumnus like myself donate to so that once FACTS determines that a student is needy....the money comes from US.

https://therecordnewspaper.org/tuition-assistance-aids-3100-students/

The Catholic Education Foundation, with the support the Archdiocese of Louisville and its parishes, is now providing tuition assistance to more than double the number of Catholic elementary students from just four years ago.

A record 3,100 students received tuition assistance this school year. That figure is up from 3,000 a year ago. Tuition assistance for the 2018-2019 school year totals $6.4 million, according to a press release from the Archdiocese of Louisville and the CEF.
Okay, so the Catholic Foundation works with elementary schools. How does that really change the point I was making about schools directly contacting athletes who have not reached out to them first? It's just a side track that has no relevance to the main point.

By the way, I wasn't picking on Trinity. I used them as an example, although I do have direct knowledge of some of their actions.

How does any of that have anything to do with whether Trinity, or any school, approaches a kid who plays sports for another school about coming to their school to play sports instead, without the kid reaching out to them first? It doesn't. It's just changing the subject to something else. When a school does that, it's breaking the rules. I have first hand knowledge of those things happening. You can try to redirect the discussion to something else, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.

Everybody has firsthand knowledge...but it always comes second or third hand. Psst...parents make shit up. I cannot tell you how many times I hear parents say...my son got a full ride offer in baseball to Cumberland College etc.... NOBODY gets a full ride in baseball. Nobody gets a full ride under D1 in any non revenue sports. But I hear all the time....so and so offered him a full ride to Bellarmine and it really was tuition assistance and books and oh their tuition gets dropped from $40k to $25K. What better brag then....my son got offered a scholly to Trinity. Nothing better than that. That's like getting drafted by the New York Yankees. Great brag dad....but not true. So dont believe what you are told by bragging sports dads or moms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT