All-American
Dec 16, 2007
Bluegrass State
1A

(11-2) Pikeville
vs.
(13-1) Raceland

* Pikeville started the season 0-2.
* Raceland's only loss was at Highlands.

2A

(13-1) Beechwood
vs.
(14-0) Mayfield

* Great to see Mayfield come back strong after the tornado last year!
* Beechwood's only loss was at Covington Catholic.
* This may be the best game out of all 6 classes!

3A

(14-0) Bardstown
vs.
(14-0) Christian Academy-Louisville

* CAL's coach is former UofL QB Hunter Cantwell (I think)
* Don't really know much about Bardstown except that it's Bourbon country.

4A

(12-2) Boyle County
vs.
(14-0) Corbin

* BC trying to win their third straight title.
* Corbin going for their first state title since 1982 (may be wrong about that stat).

5A

(12-2) Bowling Green
vs.
(14-0) Frederick Douglass

* Purples going for their 7th 5A state championship.
* FD's third appearance in the 5A championship game in 4 years. This may be the year they finally break through and win it.

6A

(10-4) Male
vs.
(13-1) Bullitt East

* Male playing in their 5th straight 6A title game. Won in 2018 and have lost the last three.
* BE lost their first game of the season to Spencer County and haven't lost since.

Does anyone know the D1 recruits UK may look at in these games. Don’t follow HS football as I used too. Any QBs, or RB? That seems to be a need and big quick linemen are always needed.

Great question. Unfortunately other than the commit we have from Boyle I’m not sure there is anyone UK is seriously considering. Some have suggested UK should go after the Male RB.

Henderson played Male a whole lot closer than I expected

Henderson had a chance to make a game of it. Down a score and recovered an onside kick. 3&out. Elected to punt. Couldn’t stop males ensuing drive. Ball game. The bad part. Henderson only netted about 15yds on the punt! With hindsight Henderson should have gone for it.

Reactions: STL_Cat
1A

(11-2) Pikeville
vs.
(13-1) Raceland

2A

(13-1) Beechwood
vs.
(14-0) Mayfield

3A

(14-0) Bardstown
vs.

4A

(12-2) Boyle County
vs.
(14-0) Corbin

* Corbin going for their first state title since 1982 (may be wrong about that stat).

5A

(12-2) Bowling Green
vs.

* FD's third appearance in the 5A championship game in 4 years. This may be the year they finally break through and win it.

6A

(10-4) Male
vs.
(13-1) Bullitt East

* Male playing in their 5th straight 6A title game. Won in 2018 and have lost the last three.
* BE lost their first game of the season to Spencer County and haven't lost since.
You are correct on Corbin. It doesn't seem right but '82 was the last title.

Reactions: Cawood86
1A

(11-2) Pikeville
vs.
(13-1) Raceland

2A

(13-1) Beechwood
vs.
(14-0) Mayfield

3A

(14-0) Bardstown
vs.

4A

(12-2) Boyle County
vs.
(14-0) Corbin

5A

(12-2) Bowling Green
vs.

6A

(10-4) Male
vs.
(13-1) Bullitt East

2A and 4A should be great games. Lots of story lines in the 4A with Corbins former coach taking the position at Boyle County a few years ago. The two teams keep butting heads and don't really like each other.

Beechwood has really had a phenominal year when you consider their starting QB missed about 6 games and their starting tailback/linebacker and Mr. football candidate Mitchell Berger, blew his knee out about 5 or 6 weeks ago and has been out for the rest of the year

Daniel Sweeney from Male would be a great pickup for UK. Right now not a ton of people after him but is you need yards on the ground he is a bull that can get through the contact for a extra few yards! Great season so far for Male as they were counted out because of their less than stellar regular season but yet here they are once again playing for the 6a title.

Daniel Sweeney from Male would be a great pickup for UK. Right now not a ton of people after him but is you need yards on the ground he is a bull that can get through the contact for a extra few yards! Great season so far for Male as they were counted out because of their less than stellar regular season but yet here they are once again playing for the 6a title.
Have been told that there are issues with him attending UK.

Does anyone know the D1 recruits UK may look at in these games. Don’t follow HS football as I used too. Any QBs, or RB? That seems to be a need and big quick linemen are always needed.
Think I heard Big Dog say on Sunday that UK would have like 5 guys playing

ADVERTISEMENT