ADVERTISEMENT

KHSAA Sweet 16 OFFICIAL THREAD

WC 36
GRC 27

Halftime

Every time GRC cuts the lead, WC fires back. Instead of holding for last shot, GRC drove and missed it and WC got it with four seconds and hit a 3 point runner as time expired to go up 9.

59-56

WC is trying to stall the ball with 3 mins left and it’s ridiculous. We need a shot clock.
I don’t enjoy watching stall ball, but why shouldn’t that be a strategy a coach can use to close out a game? I just think limiting a coaches strategy options make for boring basketball.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
WC wins 64-60

GRC had their chance. Missed a tying 3 in the corner. Had to start fouling.

Last edited:
Was never a doubt who best team in this State was - I saw them at KOB early in year - told my buddy this team is going to win it or someone will have to play incredible to beat them
Great team well Coached

Yeah, they were the better team. The two best teams in the state played tonight. GRC had their chances. Warren Central just shot very well. Pretty incredible that one shot basically decided the difference in this. You wonder, if GRC doesn't give up that three right before the half, this looks differently or maybe not holding the ball for an entire minute changes things.

So what happened in the game for WC to lose to Madison Central in December?

FrivZdZXoAAjuoz

Congrats to Warren Central on winning State Championship #2 to go with the one they won in 2004. They almost became the first undefeated State Champion since 1948 Brewers (now part of Marshall Co. HS).

Looking ahead to next year, Lyon County has all five starters returning. So they get one more shot at it. I hope they win the "all A" state title next year, if not the Sweet 16.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT