ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's got that lovin feelin

I desire UK to do well competing consistently for National Championships. To accomplish this, there must be some parameters to gauge success and failure. Perhaps, a down year is round of 32 and a very good year is final 4 or better. Down years should have consequences just like good years.

I don’t care who the coach is, but the coach should produce very few down years and establish a pattern of good to great years, so the coaching results are in line with the high salary.

If this upcoming year is a down year, then there is crystal clear pattern of down years. It is difficult justifying paying a coach a very large salary, when there are thousands of coaches that could produce a pattern of down years.

Again, who the coach is doesn’t matter to me, I just want consequences for success and failures that will continue UK’s legacy as a blue blood.

Honestly other than Pitinos run, no one has been that consistent at competing for titles. Uk has had a Ton of years where they didn't sniff a final four or title, especially since 1958.

All that said,, cal needs to go..

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Cal stands behind a protective wall with mike Pratt. Let him go on Matt Jones show or take call and then see How he thinks. I talk to a lot of people in Lexington and maybe 3 love cal. 30 I know have had it. If they are talking about how great you are around Lexington it means apathy has set in.

I don’t know that’s necessarily true. I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 60 years. I’ve never seen so much hatred towards any UK coach in my life. It’s sad and embarrassing from a fan base. We have the worst fair weather fans in the country. Lately, I’m embarrassed to be a UK fan.
I’ve been a fan over 50 years and I’ve never seen a sorrier excuse for a coach of UK basketball. Yes, I remember BCG.

Well yeah, of course it's more extreme here. Simple logic tells you that anyone that seeks out a UK basketball forum, creates a profile and posts about UK basketball, is going to be pretty damn passionate about UKBB.

So why is RR being compared to the general population when the topic is UK basketball and some are somehow stunned that RR is more passionate about UK basketball???

It's May, and it came up in conversation. Why are you worried about it?

I don’t know that’s necessarily true. I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 60 years. I’ve never seen so much hatred towards any UK coach in my life. It’s sad and embarrassing from a fan base. We have the worst fair weather fans in the country. Lately, I’m embarrassed to be a UK fan.
Dude become educated on what a fair weather fan is. Also while you’re at it check the definition on fan. Actually here dont

fan :1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator.

fair weather fan:A fan who only pays attention to their favorite team when they are performing well.

You need to change your words bc it’s bs. For starters bc we are UK fans does not mean we have to be cal fans. I know a lot of guys here on this forum who are calipari fans first. Sorry but as long as cal prioritizes other things over the program as in the case of sharpe. Sorry but I’m not going to be a fan of that coach. When UK comes first I don’t care who the coach is but I’ll support him. That’s why so many have disdain for cal. UK our program is not his top priority. Get the facts straight before you cast stones

No, what's sad and embarrassing, is the job Cal has done since he signed his lifetime deal.

What's sad and embarrassing, is how he turned UK into an NBA farm system and convinced s bunch of you fvck-tards that it's in UK's best intetest to do so.

What's sad and embarrassing, is 9-16, losses to Saint Peters, Evensville and Richmond.

What's sad and embarrassing, is losing the all time wins lead, the NCAAT al time wins lead and the 3 pointer made streak (twice).

What's sad and embarrassing, is Cal talking down to the fans while driving the program into the ground.

What's sad and embarrassing is the way Cal treated Allen, Hopkins, Baker and Juzang.

What's sad and embarrassing, is fans, like you, that are oblivious to what this clown is doing to UK basketball.

Honestly other than Pitinos run, no one has been that consistent at competing for titles. Uk has had a Ton of years where they didn't sniff a final four or title, especially since 1958.

Cal has had the most talent in the history of UK basketball.
He’s easily had enough talent to compete for titles every year. What he hasn't accomplished with all that talent, is mind boggling.

In my view, UK competing for titles would be to have results each year between round of 32 and championship.

For example, a pattern of NIT, first round exit followed by a round of 32 exit would be highly concerning.
I don’t consider this a pattern of competing for a title.

On the flip side, a round of 32 exit, elite 8, and final four would be a good pattern. This would be in the hunt for a title more often than not.

Cal has had the most talent in the history of UK basketball.
He’s easily had enough talent to compete for titles every year. What he hasn't accomplished with all that talent, is mind boggling.

Just more proof that winning 6 straight games on neutral courts is a total crap shoot, no matter how good your team is. 6 straight games on neutral courts with teenage kids.

Just ask Duke. They've won a title 4% of the time in the school's history. They've not won a title 96% of the time.

Laugable that idiot fans get angry when their team doesn't win it when the best of the best don't win a title over 95% of the time. smh

I know hundreds that do.
100's? You have a large circle of friends. I have that many friends, family and associates, more than half of them probably don't know Cal if they walked by him on the street. Another quarter of the could care less. That leaves about 25 people and I have the opinion of about 8 of them

Publicly I never really hear people complain much about Cal and the program. On here, it's endless complaining. So, either people are afraid to voice their opinions in public, or the views of this board aren't the common views of the fanbase and it is in fact more fringe types here.
Wrong!!! just the opposite. Every UK fan I know wants Cal gone. Not one of my friends and family wants him as our Coach any longer. So I guess we are all fringe fans.

100's? You have a large circle of friends. I have that many friends, family and associates, more than half of them probably don't know Cal if they walked by him on the street. Another quarter of the could care less. That leaves about 25 people and I have the opinion of about 8 of them
I’ll just say , I know ALOT more fans than you do . Maybe it’s because I live right in central Kentucky but my gosh , practically everyone I know knows who John Calipari is . I’d say 90% of them are UK fans . Easily in the hundreds.

Oh, trust me, Cal knows what is being said. Christ, he has his family and staff on these boards right now. He is feeling heat.
Another mind reader, lmao is all you can do. What is he worried about?? his great great great great grandchildren not being able to pay their electric bill?? Getting fired and walking with 50 million?? He's doing what he loves doing. Coaching basketball and helping kids making their dreams come true.Go Big Blue!!! Going to be a great year. Could be the best football and basketball combined success in History of the University. That is FACT!!

Go Cats!!

Reactions: lj bulldog
I’ll just say , I know ALOT more fans than you do . Maybe it’s because I live right in central Kentucky but my gosh , practically everyone I know knows who John Calipari is . I’d say 90% of them are UK fans . Easily in the hundreds.
Lexington is in the heart of Central Kentucky. I have heard many mispronounce Cals name, not everyone is a sports fan. I work in an office with 40 some people, many female, may be 5 diehard sports fans in there, unless we make FF then they all are experts lol. I admit I do not know the personal opinions of 100s of UK sports fans thoughts on Cal, unless I count folks on here

Reactions: yoshukai
I am displeased with how Cal is running the program, but I won't call for his termination as of yet. The last time I did that we ended up with Billy G so I digress.

These next two seasons will be the barometer for me as to how I feel about Cal's future here. I know...in the grand scheme of things, my opinion or how I feel does not matter, but for me personally as a fan of almost 60 years it will matter to me.

Cal has his work cut out for him if he cares about lifelong fans like me.

He hears it because it’s LOUD.. people are done listening to his rambling bull crap. He’s worn out his welcome.. win big and he’ll avoid the noise. If we struggle, god bless him because BBN will be relentless in their attack.
True. I'm probabaly a little too hard on him sometimes myself but a lot of that is exactly because of how he goes about things and his messaging. He's a little bit snarky and arrogant in his approach and that just gins up the response from the other side and I fall victim to it myself and lash back probably more than is deserved.

Like I say I think behind it all he's a pretty good dude but just cant help himself sometimes and has an aversion to humblness that might serve him much better on occasion.

The Cal thumpers can shit on RR if they want, but the fact is that the people that post on this message board are some of the most passionate of the entire fanbase. We go out of our way to interact with other fans, more fans, because we crave talking about Kentucky basketball. People we have never met and probably will never meet.

You will occasionally get trolls. Duh. But the negativity that has been looming over this fanbase isn't a result of people finding ways to bitch. Its a very passionate portion of the fanbase giving their opinions, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Just more proof that winning 6 straight games on neutral courts is a total crap shoot, no matter how good your team is. 6 straight games on neutral courts with teenage kids.

Just ask Duke. They've won a title 4% of the time in the school's history. They've not won a title 96% of the time.

Laugable that idiot fans get angry when their team doesn't win it when the best of the best don't win a title over 95% of the time. smh
Cal chooses to use teenagers, there's no complaining on the yacht when you're the one that chose to be on it.

The proof is in the pudding, Cal is great at building rosters, he just can't coach them and that can’t be debated.

Yeah, it's hard to win 6 straight games, but out of the 9 NCAAT losses Cal has had here at UK, 8 of them were to underdogs. That’s all the proof you should need to see the true problem, or, the common denominator, if you will… it's Cal.

The 2010 team losing to Wva, the 2019 team losing to Auburn, the 2018 team losing to Kansas state and the 2022 team losing to St. Peters, is equivalent to Mike Tyson, in his prime, losing to Glass Joe. Some of the worst game prep and bench coaching was on display in those games.

You simply can't defend the bad losses, you can try if you want though.

Lexington is in the heart of Central Kentucky. I have heard many mispronounce Cals name, not everyone is a sports fan. I work in an office with 40 some people, many female, may be 5 diehard sports fans in there, unless we make FF then they all are experts lol. I admit I do not know the personal opinions of 100s of UK sports fans thoughts on Cal, unless I count folks on here
We just must travel in different circles then .

Reactions: JC CATS
You misspelled "reality".

Again, you guys are comparing passionate UK fans to the general population, most of which are casual fans at best.

You’re a fool if you think most of the BBN… .the true fans, not the occasional fans, are still buying Cal's bullshit. Most of the true fans aren't liking what they see and Cal isn't helping his case.
You can believe what you want ole jeffy, but rafters is similar to twitter. It doesn't represent the country/fanbase as a whole. It's literally an echochamber of negativity and somewhere, where you old 60 year men can come and complain because your wives are tired of hearing you. But by all means go off ole jeffy it if makes you feel good.

Reactions: bluefaithful
Publicly I never really hear people complain much about Cal and the program. On here, it's endless complaining. So, either people are afraid to voice their opinions in public, or the views of this board aren't the common views of the fanbase and it is in fact more fringe types here.
I don't know one person who wants Cal to stay.

You can believe what you want ole jeffy, but rafters is similar to twitter. It doesn't represent the country/fanbase as a whole. It's literally an echochamber of negativity and somewhere, where you old 60 year men can come and complain because your wives are tired of hearing you. But by all means go off ole jeffy it if makes you feel good.
Sooo all of us on RR are fake people??? So we're not regular people out in public?

What exactly do we say on here, consistently, that wouldn't be said out in public?

After all the failures since the '15 FF loss, the way cal has acted towards the fanbase, the way he treated certain players, the way he has prioritized the NBA over UK and the debacles the last 2 seasons, if you think the average UK fan is behind Cal, you're just not very smart.

In fact, the pendulum has swung. I would say the people in your camp, are the extreme minority and the longer Cal avoids the fanbase and goes without answering the tough questions, the more heat he will feel.

He can win most fans back, but there is so much that has to change. We all want him to turn it around, but you have to admit, there's been a lot of failures since the 2015 elite 8 and that's on top of the 2010 Wva loss.

He can build a team, he just can't game manage it and his barking back at the fans, doesn't help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT