ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Cal playing Edwards too much

Keep spreading these articles, Send them to friends, share them on social media. Get the word out there.
How sad is it that we have a head coach who won't play the guys who deserve to play?

This starting trending a few years ago is is principally what is wrong with Calipari.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Eh...while it may have taken a while in the past, Cal has never had a problem benching guys (or at least having them come off the bench as opposed to starting) who aren't producing as expected. Did it with Quade Green, did it with Khalil Whitney.

I think the difference with Edwards (and this is just my guess) is that he is showing out in practice. I am assuming the coaches are all seeing what he is capable of during the week, but for whatever reason, it is not translating to the actual game. He just looks beyond lost.

I would anticipate Cal to give Edwards a few more games, and if something doesn't happen, will pull the plug and have Adou start.
Adou is the better player. Itā€™s not even close.

How sad is it that we have a head coach who won't play the guys who deserve to play?

This starting trending a few years ago is is principally what is wrong with Calipari.

Yeah I don't like it. I do get why you have to try and get Edwards going through the first half of the season. For a lot of reasons, to see what you have in an elite recruit, it helps with future recruiting, etc.

But it's getting past that point in time, where he's just not "it" right now, and we're costing the team wins and player development. If adou comes back and Edwards is moved to 10mpg.. then I'll be happy. A little late for my liking, but whatever. However, if we're still having this conversation as we slip to a 5-seed, that's yet another issue with Cal.

Wait I'm confused. Other times, especially if they're from KY, you guys say they just need more time, and you guys always have a problem saying he pulls ppl too easily if they make a mistake. We not doing that now?

He's barely playing 10 minutes a game...he's been playing him less and less. I know who starts means the world to you guys, but his time will probably drop even more once theiro comes back. But right now we can't even rebound so going smaller isn't going to help, unless we go to both 7 footers.

Not defending cal or edwards play. Just laughing at the inconsistency
The exception doesn't prove the rule. Edwards is clearly being babied by Cal. There's nothing inconsistent here. Edwards doesn't just make mistakes, he's completely ineffective.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You guys who think Edwards should play lessā€¦

I have a question for you:

How would you feel if he were your son?

šŸ˜œ
If he were my son I'd be chewing his ass out every night for not hitting the gym with Thiero and telling him he better start ripping down some rebounds or I'll tell Cal myself to bench him.

Reactions: susan2361
Playing Adou at the 3. He just canā€™t help himself. Game has way passed him by. So stupid.

If he were my son I'd be chewing his ass out every night for not hitting the gym with Thiero and telling him he better start ripping down some rebounds or I'll tell Cal myself to bench him.
Did you hear Cal's post game press conference where he said he is one of three that are in the gym all of the time?

Thiero had several rebounds in a pretty short amount of time. Had he been in the game another 10 minutes he would have had double digit rebounds. Thiero and Sheppard are two guys, if you keep them off the floor any, is going to hurt the team. With Sheppard always getting assists, rebounds, steal, blocks and 3 point shooting, any time you have him out we are going to miss out on some of things he gives us consistently.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT