ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's got that lovin feelin

1. Propaganda piece follow-up to KT "Random" survey.

2. Of course this is fake - either that or he is so tone deaf it's embarrassing. Maybe he will "notice" if the boos rain down in Rupp... careful what you challenge the fanbase to coach... you may hear their voice in a way that cannot be spun.

3. Complete arrogance and narcissism as others mentioned. "I am so focused on having us in the mix every year except Covid (no one else dealt with Covid you see - and NIT is still in "the mix") that I don't read or hear the outside noise/care what fans think... I have other people who do that for me... but I do hear all the love for ME and what I am doing every time I am in public... I do hear that!"

This is the voice of a very one-dimensional person/politician. Really embarrassing article to allow. Makes him sound clueless, in denial, unable to self-evaluate and above his actual results. Keep digging man...

Last edited:
I don’t know a single person that wants him gone.
I don’t know a single person that wants him to stay. I know a few that say they’re so fed up with all of the NIL, transfer portal, etc that they have just thrown in the towel all together and claim they just don’t care either way anymore.
But the majority are ready for a change.
Cal is an egomaniac, he can’t take criticism. He gets his feelings hurt and does things like refusing to go on KSR. Now he’s putting out BS about how he’s loved so much. All you have to do is look at his past actions. These two links tell you all you need to know about how much Cal let’s criticism get to him and how he retaliates.

You guys realize that the majority opinion on this board isn't reality right? This board is an echochamber of negativity. Most fans understand that what has happened the past two years is unacceptable but we believe in rational thought about what should be done about it.
I think everyone feels the same about that.

The difference between message board fans and the people you see in real life is a big one. Most people on here would not have the balls to approach a famous person in the streets, much less talk smack to them so not surprised the fans he interacts with are nice.

Because 99% of the vitriol you see here is just keyboard warriors, no one would ever say those things to his face, and shouldn't. Vast majority of fans are there to support him and the team, this board is just the bottom of the barrel. That crazy 2% everyone talks about every fan base having.
No.

This board is a microcosm for the overall sentiment in BBN.

You really need to come to terms with that, @SpamburgerHamburger .

The majority of fans on messageboards, twitter, facebook etc are getting pretty tired of Cal's schtick. But all the lil old gossip grannies at the grocery still love him! He can say what he wants but he needs to win big the next couple seasons or there will be no joy to be found.
Fans who are aware, and thereby the most influential fans, know what is going on.

The ignorant, naïve, and sycophantic will follow Cal over the waterfall in his barrel of "chasing dreams", and crash on the jagged rocks at the bottom.

Because 99% of the vitriol you see here is just keyboard warriors, no one would ever say those things to his face, and shouldn't.

I would love to have the opportunity to tell him straight to his arrogant face what the MAJORITY of the fanbase think.
He’s not above criticism nor is he something special to me. I don’t understand people putting him on some pedestal like he’s beyond reproach.

It's not just message board fans. I now live in Pennsylvania and I don't personally know anyone else on this board, but I do know TONS of people still in Kentucky that can't stand Cal and want him gone!
Same here. I know some UK fans here in Ohio and they are/have been upset. Talked to a total stranger in Kroger a few weeks ago (he was wearing a UK hat and I said to him that I had a bunch of them in my closet...so we started talking) who was fed up (he brought it up...not me). Have a lot of extended family in Kentucky who were all at one time huge UK fans, many for decades, who could care less now.

They said the SAME EXACT things right up till the the end of tubbys tenure. Even the day before he left they were saying these things.
Reminds me of the propaganda campaigns put on my Joseph Goebbels and other prominent Germans in the waning days of World War 2, when they were still sending out radio messages that victory would be coming at any moment for the German people.

Meanwhile, Russia, Britain, and the US were surrounding them from all sides, even as they spoke.

Publicly I never really hear people complain much about Cal and the program. On here, it's endless complaining. So, either people are afraid to voice their opinions in public, or the views of this board aren't the common views of the fanbase and it is in fact more fringe types here.
95 % fringe types.....

Like they used to say to players about Bobby knight. When he calls you an ***** don’t listen. When he tells you why your a ******, listen.

think cal would do well to at least know what’s going on and it sounds like he does. We will see.

Cal is totally correct. Some of the fans on this board will never be happy and he pays no attention to them. All the bitching is doing no good and I love his response. Go get them Cal.

Reactions: lj bulldog
You guys realize that the majority opinion on this board isn't reality right? This board is an echochamber of negativity. Most fans understand that what has happened the past two years is unacceptable but we believe in rational thought about what should be done about it.
Lol

Cal is totally correct. Some of the fans on this board will never be happy and he pays no attention to them. All the bitching is doing no good and I love his response. Go get them Cal.
What kind of dipstick should be happy with this? Polish hard!

3CFIw4N.png

Yep.. you don’t talk about it unless you’re feeling it. Using this as a method for some to tell him how great he is. He is the prototypical narcissist.
Of course, they all know about the buzz out there good or bad and Cal especially hearsa bout it or he wouldnt bring it up ALL THE TIME. Can't have a call in show without hearing, "I dont listen to the noise". What noise then?

Of course, they all know about the buzz out there good or bad and Cal especially hearsa bout it or he wouldnt bring it up ALL THE TIME. Can't have a call in show without hearing, "I dont listen to the noise". What noise then?
He hears it because it’s LOUD.. people are done listening to his rambling bull crap. He’s worn out his welcome.. win big and he’ll avoid the noise. If we struggle, god bless him because BBN will be relentless in their attack.

Publicly I never really hear people complain much about Cal and the program. On here, it's endless complaining. So, either people are afraid to voice their opinions in public, or the views of this board aren't the common views of the fanbase and it is in fact more fringe types here.
LOL, do you stop everyone you see out in public and interview them or something?

Just because you're out walking around in public, doesn't mean you know, or hear the opinions of everyone you see, in fact, 99.9% of the people you see in public, are pre-occupied with whatever it is they are doing and 99.9% of those people aren't stopping to explain their feelings about UK basketball with YOU.

Nice try though. F- for effort.

I don't think it's just the board that's negative, but it's more extreme here.

I think (if they see him in public) people are more likely to give words of encouragement than yell about St Peters or get on his case. I would hope coaches are generally not accosted by angry fans, although I'm sure it happens.
Well yeah, of course it's more extreme here. Simple logic tells you that anyone that seeks out a UK basketball forum, creates a profile and posts about UK basketball, is going to be pretty damn passionate about UKBB.

So why is RR being compared to the general population when the topic is UK basketball and some are somehow stunned that RR is more passionate about UK basketball???

You misspelled "reality".

Again, you guys are comparing passionate UK fans to the general population, most of which are casual fans at best.

You’re a fool if you think most of the BBN… .the true fans, not the occasional fans, are still buying Cal's bullshit. Most of the true fans aren't liking what they see and Cal isn't helping his case.

I desire UK to do well competing consistently for National Championships. To accomplish this, there must be some parameters to gauge success and failure. Perhaps, a down year is round of 32 and a very good year is final 4 or better. Down years should have consequences just like good years.

I don’t care who the coach is, but the coach should produce very few down years and establish a pattern of good to great years, so the coaching results are in line with the high salary.

If this upcoming year is a down year, then there is crystal clear pattern of down years. It is difficult justifying paying a coach a very large salary, when there are thousands of coaches that could produce a pattern of down years.

Again, who the coach is doesn’t matter to me, I just want consequences for success and failures that will continue UK’s legacy as a blue blood.

T
I don’t know a single person that wants him to stay. I know a few that say they’re so fed up with all of the NIL, transfer portal, etc that they have just thrown in the towel all together and claim they just don’t care either way anymore.
Cal is an egomaniac, he can’t take criticism. He gets his feelings hurt and does things like refusing to go on KSR. Now he’s putting out BS about how he’s loved so much. All you have to do is look at his past actions. These two links tell you all you need to know about how much Cal let’s criticism get to him and how he retaliates.
This ^.

Through all of this underperforming over the past several seasons it is evident that people don't love Cal or hate Cal. They love winning and hate losing. They are sick of not being able to beat average SEC teams on the road because "we are everyone's Superbowl.". Guess what....we always have been and will continue to be and even Tubby up until the end beat these teams.

It is ridiculous to lose to South Carolina on the road when they aren't even a tournament team. It is almost as ridiculous to lose to a marginal tournament team like LSU when you should be beating them handily.

We really don't hate Cal....we just want to win and we are ready for him to leave when he can no longer do so.

Is it just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see….
Because I'm easy come easy go
Little High, little low
Any way the wind blows
Doesn't really matter to me, TOOOOOOO MEEEEEE!!!

Describes Cal to a T!!!

He has gotten to the point where his perception IS reality. Mitch gave him that with the huge contract. So we just have to hope the Cal we hired 12 years ago is still in there and wants to prove the naysayers wrong again OR just walks away because he can't. That's about all we have now.

Last edited:
1. Propaganda piece follow-up to KT "Random" survey.

2. Of course this is fake - either that or he is so tone deaf it's embarrassing. Maybe he will "notice" if the boos rain down in Rupp... careful what you challenge the fanbase to coach... you may hear their voice in a way that cannot be spun.

3. Complete arrogance and narcissism as others mentioned. "I am so focused on having us in the mix every year except Covid (no one else dealt with Covid you see - and NIT is still in "the mix") that I don't read or hear the outside noise/care what fans think... I have other people who do that... but I do hear all the love for ME and what I am doing every time I am in public... I do hear that!"

This is the voice of a very one-dimensional person/politician. Really embarrassing article to allow. Makes him sound clueless, in denial, unable to self-evaluate and above his actual results. Keep digging man...
Amen.

Reactions: struggler
I don't think it's just the board that's negative, but it's more extreme here.

I think (if they see him in public) people are more likely to give words of encouragement than yell about St Peters or get on his case. I would hope coaches are generally not accosted by angry fans, although I'm sure it happens.
I can see it now. The waiter comes to the table to wait on Cal, Cal says, I will have...the waiter interrupts, Why in the hell didn't you play Toppin in the 2nd half??? Cal says, I will take my Big Mac to go. :)

You know he has media obligations and they don’t include KSR. Why should he go on there when they don’t pay into the media rights? In past years he has gone on there after the roster is set as a favor to KSR. Once the roster is set, if he doesn’t go on there it’s more likely they rubbed him the wrong way than it is a shot at the fans.

I desire UK to do well competing consistently for National Championships. To accomplish this, there must be some parameters to gauge success and failure. Perhaps, a down year is round of 32 and a very good year is final 4 or better. Down years should have consequences just like good years.

I don’t care who the coach is, but the coach should produce very few down years and establish a pattern of good to great years, so the coaching results are in line with the high salary.

If this upcoming year is a down year, then there is crystal clear pattern of down years. It is difficult justifying paying a coach a very large salary, when there are thousands of coaches that could produce a pattern of down years.

Again, who the coach is doesn’t matter to me, I just want consequences for success and failures that will continue UK’s legacy as a blue blood.
You sound level headed and reasonable. Just wondering why you don't post more? Just 81 posts in over 6 years, less that 14 post's a year. You can add to the discussion.

He literally has no one to blame but himself for the criticism. Its not like UK fans want to be upset at our coach.

You signed up for this job, the highest expectations of any program in the country.
I don’t know that’s necessarily true. I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 60 years. I’ve never seen so much hatred towards any UK coach in my life. It’s sad and embarrassing from a fan base. We have the worst fair weather fans in the country. Lately, I’m embarrassed to be a UK fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT