ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's got that lovin feelin

Yep.. you don’t talk about it unless you’re feeling it. Using this as a method for some to tell him how great he is. He is the prototypical narcissist.

I’m walking in a restaurant and people are yelling, ‘We love you coach.’ I’ve never had this much affection. In Orlando, I walk out of the hotel and a guy comes running, older guy, had a Kentucky shirt on, comes up behind me, ‘Coach, we love you. You keep doing what you’re doing,’” Calipari said.

This you bro?

@kybassfan

Publicly I never really hear people complain much about Cal and the program. On here, it's endless complaining. So, either people are afraid to voice their opinions in public, or the views of this board aren't the common views of the fanbase and it is in fact more fringe types here.

Publicly I never really hear people complain much about Cal and the program. On here, it's endless complaining. So, either people are afraid to voice their opinions in public, or the views of this board aren't the common views of the fanbase and it is in fact more fringe types here.
Or it’s a game they play with their constant posting negative comments.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
Because 99% of the vitriol you see here is just keyboard warriors, no one would ever say those things to his face, and shouldn't. Vast majority of fans are there to support him and the team, this board is just the bottom of the barrel. That crazy 2% everyone talks about every fan base having.
I don’t think so.. the fanbase as a whole is tired of him as a coach. If the team starts out slow or loses games they aren’t supposed to at home this year, I’ll bet most anything he will get booed in Rupp. It’s coming….

Saying the right thing. Can’t argue with it but get another NCAA title. Focus. Recruit. Coach!

Let the NBA stuff take care of itself.

The bottom line is, I got a job and that is to put us in a position to win this national title and that’s what we’ll continue to do,” Calipari said.

Publicly? You mean like overhearing passersby in the grocery, or someone declaiming on a street corner, or on a PA in a store? If so, I don't hear anything like that either.

But if the topic comes up in private conversation with friends, family, and co-workers, they're all more than willing to complain.

I’m walking in a restaurant and people are yelling, ‘We love you coach.’ I’ve never had this much affection. In Orlando, I walk out of the hotel and a guy comes running, older guy, had a Kentucky shirt on, comes up behind me, ‘Coach, we love you. You keep doing what you’re doing,’” Calipari said.

This you bro?

@kybassfan
No, sounds like a front for the KY hater boi’s. You didn’t get an invite? I heard you guys like to pile on.

Wise words from Coach Hall about the lunatic fringe (like the lunatics populating the insane asylum known as RR).
The problem is not the fans....not one fan let Sharpe sit and use UK and it's fanbase. Not one fan was the cause for 9-16. Not one caused the loss to St Peters.

Bur fans like you just garble down anything Cal throws out are the ones who enable him.

Last edited:
If you are the real Jason Spears , this is probably the first time you and I have been on opposite sides of an issue. Publicly, I hear a lot less support (practically zero) for cal than on here . As usual, I don’t believe a word that comes out of Cals mouth anyway.

Cal is obviously feeling some heat or you wouldn't have this article, amongst others.
I remember tubby famously saying, “the only people that want me gone are the ones that didn’t want me hired” . Pretty sure he made that statement his last year , lol . If they are talking about it , they are hearing it .

Last edited:

He doesn't pay attention to social media, but won't go on Kentucky Sports Radio because umm, again, the man doesn't pay attention to social media.

I don't think it's just the board that's negative, but it's more extreme here.

I think (if they see him in public) people are more likely to give words of encouragement than yell about St Peters or get on his case. I would hope coaches are generally not accosted by angry fans, although I'm sure it happens.

The majority of fans on messageboards, twitter, facebook etc are getting pretty tired of Cal's schtick. But all the lil old gossip grannies at the grocery still love him! He can say what he wants but he needs to win big the next couple seasons or there will be no joy to be found.

• Haha
Reactions: shodaman
I remember tubby famously saying, “the only people that want me gone are the ones that didn’t want me hired” . Pretty he made that statement his last year , lol . If they are talking about it , they are hearing it .
Oh, trust me, Cal knows what is being said. Christ, he has his family and staff on these boards right now. He is feeling heat.

Cal has a very bad model in a lot of ways and keeps showing more and more hints he can never get back to having a good model and couldn’t care less.

LOL at all of you who equate that with people bashing a working model and a caring coach just for having a down year or two. That’s not what’s happening.

I never hear anything positive about him publicly. I’m being totally honest. The people I know that are KY fans are done with Cal. Some have lost interest in the program all together until he leaves.
Sounds like Cal putting out false propaganda to build himself up to me.

ADVERTISEMENT