ADVERTISEMENT

Bama-Ga. Playoff?

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
1. Washington is In
2. Figure Michigan beats Iowa so UM In
3. If Bama Wins is Texas In and Ga out of Playoffs?
4. I think UL beats FSU so No ACC team.

Will Ga. get in with a Loss today?

If FSU beats U6 and Alabama beats Georgia the SEC could well be left out.
As they should be. If Texas hadn’t beaten Bama then yeah the SEC champ should be in but you can’t justify it in any way. There’s no scenario where Bama should be ahead of Texas.

There’s no way the SEC deserves two teams in this year.

Reactions: gojvc
As they should be. If Texas hadn’t beaten Bama then yeah the SEC champ should be in but you can’t justify it in any way. There’s no scenario where Bama should be ahead of Texas.

Okay. The SEC does not deserve to have two teams in the CFP this year, but if the objective is to have the best 4 teams in the CFP, neither does FSU deserve to be included.

If neither UGA nor Alabama are included, then the CFP champion should be crowned with an asterisk.

Georgia's been a slow starter and second half team all year. They'll probably pull it out.

It needs to happen , 2 SEC teams in , to hear the mass wailing from Tosu fans

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
UGA is in no matter the outcome today. I live in GA and can’t stand the dogs or their fans
(Go Big Blue)!

Georgia is absolutely not in with a loss today. I don’t know why people keep saying that.

Georgia is absolutely not in with a loss today. I don’t know why people keep saying that.
Just going off of recent history pretty much. This scenario has played out before and it ended up with both Alabama and Georgia in the playoffs.

This year is different, however. People tend to forget about Washington.

crimson cat you disagree with me which is fine, but how is UGA not one of the 4 best teams in the country?
Washington is in
Michigan in if they win
Texas is in
FSU is undefeated but plays a terrible schedule. They are down to their 2nd or 3rd string qb which is unfortunate. It will be controversial if the committee picks the Dawgs but the correct decision IMO unless the Cards beat FSU. UGA would run them off the field!

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Lol why? Why are they held to a different standard than everyone else? You gonna hold this stance if Texas gets left out and somehow Bama got in and won? No, you wouldn’t. You’re an SEC fan instead of just a Kentucky fan.

Ohio State won a national title with a third string QB and beat Bama. Truth is, no one knows what’s gonna happen until a game is played and there’s never been a scenario on here where any of you ever pick against Bama.
I’m a college football fan who wants to see the best 4 teams in the CFP.

This year, choosing the best 4 is more difficult than most years. On the other hand, recognizing that FSU is not one of the best 4 should be easy for any objective evaluator.

You gonna hold the stance that FSU is a better team than ANY of these teams: UGA, Bama, Michigan, tOSU, Texas, Oregon, or Washington?

If so, clearly, those FSU goggles are clouding YOUR vision.

P.S., While I cannot bring myself to root for U6 (who we, incidentally, whooped at their place last week), if they whoop your ass tonight, I guess we’re the ACC champs. You can have the trophy sent to me. I’ll get it where it needs to go. If that happens, come back and splain how FSU, in any objective universe, should have been in the conversation for a CFP slot. As a point of reference, you‘re only a ”politics free” 1 point betting favorite tonight on a neutral field. What do you suppose the spread would be if you were playing any of those teams I cited above instead of U6? Spoiler alert: you‘d be the underdog

Last edited:
Only chance the SEC had at locking in a spot was UGA winning. Now they are dependent on UL beating FSU. Can't make an argument for Bama over Texas and you can't make an argument for UGA over Bama.

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Florida State
4) Texas

If FSU was to lose you get Bama at 4 but UGA has 0 chance at making it if they lose.

If Alabama holds on (and they should) and SEC misses out on the playoffs, Greg Sankey is going to fine these officials.

Bama has outplayed them, but they have gotten almost every break and some timely penalties (and UGa has only had 1 timely penalty in its favor).

Edit - they just got #2

Only chance the SEC had at locking in a spot was UGA winning. Now they are dependent on UL beating FSU. Can't make an argument for Bama over Texas and you can't make an argument for UGA over Bama.

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Florida State
4) Texas

If FSU was to lose you get Bama at 4 but UGA has 0 chance at making it if they lose.

If bama beats UGA I'd rank them 3rd.

Texas 4th and out for fsu.

Is Georgia one of the four best teams in the country talent wise? Almost certainly. Results on the field have to matter instead of just trying to do a talent evaluation though. If Alabama wins, that means a there would be a minimum of four Power 5 champions with 1 loss or fewer, with Georgia not being one of them. Tough break for a team that talented, but it would be unfair to the other teams who won conference championships on the field to reward a team that subjectively looked more talented while losing theirs instead.

The only silver lining on the dark cloud of FSU getting in and the SEC getting left out is that the folly of that decision will be revealed on the field when the CFP games are played.

That won’t make any of the more deserving teams feel any meaningful vindication, but may have bearing on avoiding similarly poorly considered decisions in the future.

Is Georgia one of the four best teams in the country talent wise? Almost certainly. Results on the field have to matter instead of just trying to do a talent evaluation though. If Alabama wins, that means a there would be a minimum of four Power 5 champions with 1 loss or fewer, with Georgia not being one of them. Tough break for a team that talented, but it would be unfair to the other teams who won conference championships on the field to reward a team that subjectively looked more talented while losing theirs instead.
Except that none of the other conference champions had to play UGA or Bama to win theirs.

All conference championships are not created equal.

If Texas gets in over Georgia, that’s fine, but it shouldn’t be because of a conference title in separate conferences.

Common opponents is a better argument in favor of Texas.

Okay. The SEC does not deserve to have two teams in the CFP this year, but if the objective is to have the best 4 teams in the CFP, neither does FSU deserve to be included.

If neither UGA nor Alabama are included, then the CFP champion should be crowned with an asterisk.
Which is exactly why I’m glad we’re getting playoff exspansions. In reality Georgia and Texas both deserve to be in but that’s impossible with this retarded 4 team system

Reactions: gojvc
crimson cat you disagree with me which is fine, but how is UGA not one of the 4 best teams in the country?
Washington is in
Michigan in if they win
Texas is in
FSU is undefeated but plays a terrible schedule. They are down to their 2nd or 3rd string qb which is unfortunate. It will be controversial if the committee picks the Dawgs but the correct decision IMO unless the Cards beat FSU. UGA would run them off the field!
How are they not? First game they've lost in 2 years. Undefeated in regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT