ADVERTISEMENT

OT Florida State gets reamed

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
13-0

1st Power 5 undefeated to not make the playoffs and will be the last as Playoffs move to 12 teams next season.

If FSU somehow beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl to finish 14-0 and either a 1 loss Texas or Bama wins the FF the committee will have some questions to answer.

13-0

1st Undefeated Power 5 team to not go to the FF. They will also be the last as the playoffs expand to 12 teams next season.

If FSU somehow beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl (and finishes undefeated at 14-0) and a 1 loss Texas or Bama wins the CFP; the committee is going to look like mentally challenged individuals.

Last edited:
13-0

1st Power 5 undefeated to not make the playoffs and will be the last as Playoffs move to 12 teams next season.

If FSU somehow beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl to finish 14-0 and either a 1 loss Texas or Bama wins the FF the committee will have some questions to answer.
They won't have any questions to answer, Georgia will make them wish they were on the beach watching bikinis.

Their top 2 quarterbacks are out. It’s not the same team. They can cry all they want but that was a weak ass conference all year. Georgia has by far the biggest gripe. Tells me that the SEC needs to quit playing an end of the season championship game.
No, it tells me that Georgia can suck it!

There’s no world where FSU was one of the 4 best teams without Jordan Travis. Even with him, they would be 10 point dogs to Bama or UGA.
Doesn't matter. If we don't care about results on the actual field why are we even doing this? We can predict all day long who will win what, but at the end of the day we need to give teams the chance to prove it on the field. There's just no way in the world ANY P5 undefeated conference champion should be left out.

FSU met every challenge they had this year. People said they wouldn't beat LSU and they did. They weren't supposed to win at Clemson and they did. They weren't supposed to beat Florida with a backup QB and they did. They weren't supposed to beat UL with a third string QB and they did. Their defense is elite and there's more to a football team besides a QB.

They would have had a month to prepare for a CFP game with their second string QB. There's just no way you can leave them out. They deserved a spot. This decision will further accelerate all this realignment BS. Any ACC team with national title aspirations is spending the entire day on the phone with their lawyer trying to get out of the Grant of Rights.

The issue is the committee for months now used the phrase” 4 best teams” if that’s the case then they made the correct decision, there may even be an argument for UGA. The 4 best teams as of right now got put in. FSU got screwed over but the committee did exactly what they said they were gonan do

13-0

1st Undefeated Power 5 team to not go to the FF. They will also be the last as the playoffs expand to 12 teams next season.

If FSU somehow beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl (and finishes undefeated at 14-0) and a 1 loss Texas or Bama wins the CFP; the committee is going to look like mentally challenged individuals.
Mich got the worst end of this deal. If you’re Mich, would you rather play FSU or Ala?

I agree 100% with you. I’d be screaming if I was the FSU AD or coach. However, there’s no way they are one of the best 4 teams without starting QB.

Today’s decision was interesting. They’ve been saying the 4 best teams all season and they stuck with that decision today.

I would be angry if I was an FSU fan. Now, I’ll be happy if Ala beats Mich and wins the whole thing.

Reactions: Hang_Time_2
They beat the living DOGSHIT out of LSU, of the mighty SEC. You know the same LSU that Ive seen on ESPN all morning as a quality win for Bama.

And that is Alabama’s 3rd best win, yet FSU’s only quality win is that correct?

The four best teams are all that matters, like it or not that is the criteria.

It's pretty clear the criteria the committee used was who are the 4 best teams right now, not 6 weeks ago. Of the 5 conference championship games this weekend there is no way FSU was top 4, 7th-9th. Not the same team they were before the QB got hurt. Sucks for them. But the question is could they beat any of the 4 teams in the playoff with available players?

That's their only solid win. It's like Bamas 3rd or 4th best win.
The same Bama who struggled to beat 6-6 USF until the fourth quarter The same Bama who barely beat 4-8 Arkansas at home? The same Bama who needed multiple miracles against Auburn to win? That Bama?

FLORIDA STATE in their current state is maybe 15th in the country. if they had their starting qb then yes they would have deserved a play off spot. but truth of the matter is the 4 teams ahead of them are way stronger than they are. and i would even put ohio state and georgia ahead of them

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
The same Bama who struggled to beat 6-6 USF until the fourth quarter The same Bama who barely beat 4-8 Arkansas at home? The same Bama who needed multiple miracles against Auburn to win? That Bama?

Fsu almost lost to Florida, bc, Clemson and Miami. Tell the whole story buddy.

It doesn't matter. Fsu was correctly left out.

Michigan has to play a team with a pulse to earn a title now. If bama wasn't in they would have cake walked to the title.

FLORIDA STATE in their current state is maybe 15th in the country. if they had their starting qb then yes they would have deserved a play off spot. but truth of the matter is the 4 teams ahead of them are way stronger than they are. and i would even put ohio state and georgia ahead of them
Did OSU deserve a spot in the playoff when they were on their third string QB? Because they got it and they won a title. I understand they had destroyed whoever they played in the B1G title game before that, but they got a shot.

FSU wouldn't have been on their third string QB come playoff time. They would have had a month to prepare for the game with their backup. You have to give them a shot.

Did OSU deserve a spot in the playoff when they were on their third string QB? Because they got it and they won a title. I understand they had destroyed whoever they played in the B1G title game before that, but they got a shot.

FSU wouldn't have been on their third string QB come playoff time. They would have had a month to prepare for the game with their backup. You have to give them a shot.

Georgia not getting a shot to defend their title is way more controversial to me than fsu.

Uga was clearly the best team all season and lost by 3 to another top 4 level team and got left out.

Yeah, but OSU were just as good or better. Florida State is terrible.

images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT