ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming games of note

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
Between Lunardi, and the few that have updated today on bracket matrix, we appear to be around the last 5 or 1st 6 seed. We REALLY need some of these teams on the 4/5 line to lose
I'm going to focus on the 3,4, and 5 seeds.

Monday:
Iowa St. @ Houston. We're not catching Houston at this point. We might can catch Iowa State

Tuesday:
SDSU @ Utah State
UCONN @ Creighton. Same as the Houston situation. We can catch Creighton. Need them to lose.
Baylor @ BYU. We can catch both with a couple losses. Either outcome can help.
Maryland @ Wisconsin. Somehow Wisconsin is still on the 4 line. I'll root for them to lose every game

Wed:
UK @ LSU: Quad 2 opportunity
Illinois @ Penn State. Illinois on the 4 line, we need them to lose
Duke @ Miami--obviously we always want Duke to lose
Florida @ Bama: Either loss can help. We need to improve SEC Tournament seeding. Bama losing could help in the NCAA seeding
Dayton @ George Mason: Dayton on the 5 line. Definitely rooting for a loss there
Clemson @ Ga Tech--this Ga Tech team has been upsetting teams all season. Here's hoping for 1 more.

Friday: none

Saturday:
Bama @UK. Quad 1. Win goes a long way.
Houston @ Baylor. Again, I don't think we can catch Houston unless they just spiral. A Baylor loss is probably more helpful
Duke @ Wake. Another road game. Here's hoping
WVU @ Iowa State. Could be a trap game after a tough game vs Houston
SC @ Ole Miss. Ole Miss could do us a favor here.
Auburn @ Georgia. Tough road game. I think we can catch and pass Auburn for the SECT And NCAAT. Go Dawgs.
SDSU @ Fresno State.
FSU @ Clemson

Sunday:
Creighton @ St. John's. Creighton being on that 4 line, We REALLY benefit from them losing once or twice this week. Go Pitino.

Between Lunardi, and the few that have updated today on bracket matrix, we appear to be around the last 5 or 1st 6 seed. We REALLY need some of these teams on the 4/5 line to lose

Monday:
Iowa St. @ Houston. We're not catching Houston at this point. We might can catch Iowa State

Tuesday:
SDSU @ Utah State
UCONN @ Creighton. Same as the Houston situation. We can catch Creighton. Need them to lose.
Maryland @ Wisconsin. Somehow Wisconsin is still on the 4 line. I'll root for them to lose every game

Wed:
Florida @ Bama: Either loss can help. We need to improve SEC Tournament seeding. Bama losing could help in the NCAA seeding
Dayton @ George Mason: Dayton on the 5 line. Definitely rooting for a loss there
Clemson @ Ga Tech--this Ga Tech team has been upsetting teams all season. Here's hoping for 1 more.

Saturday:
Houston @ Baylor. Again, I don't think we can catch Houston unless they just spiral. A Baylor loss is probably more helpful
Auburn @ Georgia. Tough road game. I think we can catch and pass Auburn for the SECT And NCAAT. Go Dawgs.
SDSU @ Fresno State.
FSU @ Clemson

Sunday:
Creighton @ St. John's. Creighton being on that 4 line, We REALLY benefit from them losing once or twice this week. Go Pitino.
expand...
That idiot has or at least yesterday had WIS as a 4 whos lost 5 of their last 6 including to 8-18 Michigan, Dook as a 4 with 2 worse losses than us to 2 teams with losing records and they play nobody in a horrible ACC. We should as of today be a 4 if those 2 are. A 3 should be very doable.

Idk why being a 4 or 5 is better than a 6.

You are in there with either uconn or Houston or Purdue. I don't think 3 seeds are any tougher than the 4s either.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

Monday:

Tuesday:
SDSU @ Utah State

Wed:

Saturday:
SDSU @ Fresno State.
FSU @ Clemson

Sunday:
Good job

Reactions: deep3 and Cats192
Idk why being a 4 or 5 is better than a 6.

You are in there with either uconn or Houston or Purdue. I don't think 3 seeds are any tougher than the 4s either.
The argument today for preferring a 4 or 5 would be the perception of a much easier opponent in the second round. A 6 seed UK probably gets one of the B12 teams or maybe Duke for instance in round 2. A 4 or 5 seed might get SDSU/Dayton type in the second round. Also the historical probability of 3 seeds getting upset round 1 is right below 15% whereas 4 and 5 seeds are a touch above 20% and approximately 36% respectively.

Getting to the second weekend is much more important to this program imo than avoiding UCONN or whichever other team might be feared next month in the S16.

Reactions: Cats192
The argument today for preferring a 4 or 5 would be the perception of a much easier opponent in the second round. A 6 seed UK probably gets one of the B12 teams or maybe Duke for instance in round 2. A 4 or 5 seed might get SDSU/Dayton type in the second round. Also the historical probability of 3 seeds getting upset round 1 is right below 15% whereas 4 and 5 seeds are a touch above 20% and approximately 36% respectively.

Getting to the second weekend is much more important to this program imo than avoiding UCONN or whichever other team might be feared next month in the S16.
Great post.

Kentucky better not take LSU lightly despite their poor ratings.

LSU has wins AT Texas A&M by 15 and AT South Carolina

Umm we lost at both those places they did not.

The players better not be feeling themselves after that great Auburn win.

A slow start could spell Doom.

Reactions: yoshukai
Kentucky better not take LSU lightly despite their poor ratings.

LSU has wins AT Texas A&M by 15 and AT South Carolina

Umm we lost at both those places they did not.

The players better not be feeling themselves after that great Auburn win.

A slow start could spell Doom.
LSU bigs are legit . Guards are weak . It’s a game our guards need to control

Some potentially big games for us tonight! BracketMatrix had an update, and we're now looking like the 1st 6 seed.

5 Seeds: BYU, Clemson, Dayton, Wisconsin
4 Seeds: SDSU, Creighton, Illinois, Auburn
3 Seeds: Duke, Alabama, Baylor, Iowa State

UCONN @ Creighton. UCONN win helps close the gap between us and Creighton
Baylor @ BYU. Either outcome can hlep. BYU is easier to catch, but more weakness along the 3 line is a good thing
SDSU @ Utah State. Utah State is favored.

Hopefully UCONN and Utah State take care of business tonight.

Baylor, Illinois, SDSU, and Dayton all losing the last 2 days.

That’s a loss by a 3, 2 4’s and a 5. Kentucky in prime position to climb the seeding ladder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT