ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t care about our record”

Listen, I still love Cal, but this shit is getting old. Its reality. Some people just stick to one side through thick and thin and bypass reality. Again, love Cal and wouldn’t trade him, but his gimmicks are getting annoying at this point.

I dont stick to one side at all, i blame Cal for a bunch of stuff, including this season.

But I also know this fanbase over reacts to every word the man says.

Kentucky basketball records matter. That's why they keep them. That's why the program has so many to celebrate...and defend. The greatest tradition in the history of college basketball wasn't built on not caring.

Reactions: Jim Sauer
Listen, I still love Cal, but this shit is getting old. Its reality. Some people just stick to one side through thick and thin and bypass reality. Again, love Cal and wouldn’t trade him, but his gimmicks are getting annoying at this point.

Apparently, top 5 kids aren’t buying them either, considering we’ve landed 5% of the last twenty top 5 kids.

Kentucky basketball records matter. That's why they keep them. That's why the program has so many to celebrate...and defend. The greatest tradition in the history of college basketball wasn't built on not caring.

Example.... of one right here. :chairshot:

Cal trying to take the heat for the kids, but our fans won't get it.

We have a lot very slow fans.

The same ones hating on Diallo and demanding he never play are the exact ones that still bitch about how selfish he was last year by not playing and helping us lose in the 1st round...

Can’t go with you on this one Brian. Cal deflects like a veteran politician. That’s fine. But the fans are invested in UK basketball and have been forever. He could choose his words a little better and still take heat off the team.

The typical UK fan is not very bright.

OMG Best night in UK History whine whine whine

OMG Cal dont care whine whine whine

You would think the this fanbase would get coach speak... nope, we are what we are - one of the lowest educated states in the country... and it shows.
Not sure why you’re taking out your frustrations on an uneducated state. Pathetic on your part. That is worse than the people you’re mad at for their viewpoints on Cal. Education has NOTHING to do with how people feel about Cal. Being irrational is not a respecter of intelligence.

Can’t go with you on this one Brian. Cal deflects like a veteran politician. That’s fine. But the fans are invested in UK basketball and have been forever. He could choose his words a little better and still take heat off the team.

Fans are invested and not very bright, sorry.

Cal is plenty to blame but those that hang on his every word and dont understand a lick of what he is trying to do is on them.

Again, we are very passionate but not very bright.

I'm actually shocked that so many do not like this team, since this squad's bball IQ and that of most of our fans is quite comparable...

Not sure why you’re taking out your frustrations on an uneducated state. Pathetic on your part. That is worse than the people you’re mad at for their viewpoints on Cal. Education has NOTHING to do with how people feel about Cal. Being irrational is not a respecter of intelligence.

Tell me why our fans are so dumb and cry about things that Cal says in which everyone else knows was either for recruiting, marketing or in this case take the heat?

Not dumb? Ok what is it?

We all agree Cal put together a crappy roster.

We all agree that the players are just awful in many aspects.

After 8 years of Cal and some fans still dont get it.... I call it dumb, lack of vocabulary on my part maybe?

How am I hanging onto every word he said? Are you going to argue that what I said is wrong? I'm sure you as a Cat fan celebrates the rich tradition and history of the program. If records don't matter, then the games shouldn't be played. The history becomes a moot point if it doesn't matter.

Reactions: CatsRnimble

Cal is plenty to blame but those that hang on his every word and dont understand a lick of what he is trying to do is on them.

I'm actually shocked that so many do not like this team, since this squad's bball IQ and that of most of our fans is quite comparable...
I bet your nickname in school was ocean, because you’re terribly salty. Lol.

Reactions: brianpoe

You would think the this fanbase would get coach speak... nope, we are what we are - one of the lowest educated states in the country... and it shows.
I do not agree with any of that. Cal constantly tries to finesse the moment...everything is for recruits. ...blah blah blah.

I also don't think it requires a formal education to understand basketball, coach speak or just how deep the bs pile is.

Tell me why our fans are so dumb and cry about things that Cal says in which everyone else knows was either for recruiting, marketing or in this case take the heat?

Not dumb? Ok what is it?

After 8 years of Cal and some fans still dont get it.... I call it dumb, lack of vocabulary on my part maybe?

Guys. I just wish we could have brianpoe’s knowledge and wisdom. For one day. Please teach us. We don’t know no English.

How am I hanging onto every word he said? Are you going to argue that what I said is wrong? I'm sure you as a Cat fan celebrates the rich tradition and history of the program. If records don't matter, then the games shouldn't be played. The history becomes a moot point if it doesn't matter.

He is simply taking the heat off a bunch of freshmen.

Thus stupid...

Here is why...

How many times has Cal said this is the greatest basketball tradition and all that hype.. ? Nonstop.

You girls think he has forgotten our tradition after a loss?

Get with it, it's so simple.

I mean seriously we can’t talk about things without one dumbass asking where people are educated on a message board?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
or perhaps he doesn’t give a shit what someone too stupid to realize what he’s doing thinks. Seriously how do you guys not understand at this point that almost everything he says is aimed at recruits. Cal is the same guy who constantly talks about wanting to be the first coach to go 40-0. OF COURSE he cares about the record, Jesus Christ.

Well, he is the reason we did not go 40-0, so there's that....

In my opinion to use Cal’s words, Cal has failed the team from the aspect of trying so hard to get Hami drafted. I get it that if Hami blows up and was a top 5 pick, we would be looking at a 2 seed. But it is not gonna happen. That is painfully clear. Way too much slack given to him at the expense of developing others. Once the game sped up and we started playing better athletes, Hami has regressed.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I get it. Coaches get major credit when teams do well and a large share of the blame when they go bad.

This team just doesn’t have the talent or b-ball IQ to compete for a title. Period. Now Cal takes some of that blame because he recruited these guys. That being said, he’s a basketball coach not a miracle worker.

We still have time but NIts are unacceptable IMO.

Guys. I just wish we could have brianpoe’s knowledge and wisdom. For one day. Please teach us. We don’t know no English.

Come to the city I'll show you.

It's dumb to think Cal all of a sudden forgot about our tradition, google coach speak... he has a team teenagers and 20 year olds about to be totally shit on...

How do you guys not see this?

Of all the crap to complain about.... you are letting Cal off easy on this softball

I get what you're saying, and yes, there are some fans that don't understand that Cal cultivates every statement, every opportunity to send a message to recruits about UK

and I think 70% of them would be willing to just ride this year out if we had a group like 2014 coming in.
Right now fans don't have the faith that whoever returns coupled with whoever is coming in will be markedly better than the team we have now. There is little doubt they'll be better, but will they be Final Four, top 10 ranking better or will they be Wenyen Gabriel Freshmen to Sophomore year better?

Cal may not care - but the fans are ready for him to break character and be a real coach admitting real problems regarding the state of the program. Cliche's aren't going to win games.

There will be a time to worry about the 2020 recruiting class - but its not in a press conference , February 14, 2018 on your 4th straight loss.

Reactions: lmhurst
I mean seriously we can’t talk about things without one dumbass asking where people are educated on a message board?

You asking for support sweetheart? It's coach speak, get over yourself and ask why Hami was in the game at the end?

Plenty to bitch about regarding Cal...

No other coach I know has said stuff like that, so no, it's not coach speak, it's Cal speak. I honestly get the impression that he means it, which is fine when taking care of the players takes care of winning, like it has most years. But this year, it's easy to see how him "taking care of Diallo" by putting him back in the game was a very bad call for the team. And I think that most folks on these boards are UK fans, not Diallo fans, and expect their coach to feel the same way if he has to choose one or the other.

Brian, you're coming off as elitist and arrogant. You're better than that. You and I see Cal very differently but I doubt there are significant differences in our education or intelligence.

This is not about education.

I dont give 2 shits

Our team is not good, we were beaten before the season started with this roster.

Add to it a fanbase that doesnt have common sense and it's an epic fail all the way around.

People dont get the NBA, they dont get recruiting speak, now they dont get a coach's cover speak (and actually he has failed this year in many ways).

Plenty to bitch about.

No other coach I know has said stuff like that, so no, it's not coach speak, it's Cal speak. I honestly get the impression that he means it, which is fine when taking care of the players takes care of winning, like it has most years. But this year, it's easy to see how him "taking care of Diallo" by putting him back in the game was a very bad call for the team. And I think that most folks on these boards are UK fans, not Diallo fans, and expect their coach to feel the same way if he has to choose one or the other.

This fanbase will eat these kids, its obvious wether it was proper language or not who knows, but damn... this group is not very good, should nto have been assembled together and has not been coached well.

To whine about Cal's words every game is comical.

I dont give 2 shits

Our team is not good, we were beaten before the season started with this roster.

Add to it a fanbase that doesnt have common sense and it's an epic fail all the way around.

People dont get the NBA, they dont get recruiting speak, now they dont get a coach's cover speak (and actually he has failed this year in many ways).

Plenty to bitch about.
Fine act like that. Pump away.

In my opinion to use Cal’s words, Cal has failed the team from the aspect of trying so hard to get Hami drafted. I get it that if Hami blows up and was a top 5 pick, we would be looking at a 2 seed. But it is not gonna happen. That is painfully clear. Way too much slack given to him at the expense of developing others. Once the game sped up and we started playing better athletes, Hami has regressed.

That is a large speculative reach there....

Not saying it isnt true, but this group lacks a lot of fundamentals as well... could be a number of things or just deflection.

Not dumb? Ok what is it?

Do you really not realize how dumb it is to say a majority of our fan base is uneducated? I mean there are fans in every fan base that have stupid takes, but you seem to have an agenda, against southeast Kentucky in particular, and that’s where you’ve lost my respect. You need to grow up, kid.

Coach speak or not those words should have never been said. I'm all for helping kids realize their dreams but not at the expense of the program. Sometimes you just have to say I missed on this one and move on.

Reactions: lmhurst
2013 was going to make the tournament easily before the best player in the country tore his ACL

I didn't wanna believe it, but the 2013 team with Noel beats this team by 8-10 neutral court. Yea or nah?

I'm saying yea... running Goodwin and Polson at the point and a 6'1" 5th year transfer that couldn't jump over a phone book at the 2.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT