ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t care about our record”

His comment worked.

The heat is on him because we're now mad at Cal and not talking about yanking shollies from players tonight.

Honestly, I don't care about our record now either. I'd like to win enough to make the tourney, but this year is cooked either way. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world. I'm still hoping for the best and expecting the worst the rest of the way. Cal did a bad job this year. Players did a bad job this year. Regroup. Move on. I'm still on board with coach even if this wasn't a banner year.

No pass on the Noel injury I agree. If the loss of one player keeps you of the tourney you didn't do your job in recruiting/team building.

As for Cal's comments I didn't hear them first hand. I suspect he was saying I don't want to talk about our record, we just need to win a game. I'm ok with that if that's the case.

Sometimes words don't come out the way we want, and with some of his past comments, some fans are not going to cut Cal any slack.

And while I am, I think his comments tonight had ZERO to do with a recruiting pitch as BP wrongfully claims. Cal is right. Cats need to win a game. But for this team, this year, Cal has no clue how to get that accomplished.

I expect the Cats to beat Bama. As bad as UK is they are better than Tide.

I didnt say his words last night were a recruiting pitch, they were to take heat off the kids, and i referenced this was not not unlike when Cal spouts off things that makes our fans go crazy they usually are meant for recruiting...

Regardless, this fanbase should know by now how to take Cal...

Reactions: kybassfan
More concerning to me is another quote I just read from Cal

"This isn't about me. This season is not going to change anything about me."

ugh

In postgame straight from Kentucky Basketball Twitter, Coach Cal says “I don’t care about our record or my record, it’s about these kids and I’ve failed them in some ways”.

So apparently the program’s record doesn’t matter now either. I’ll add that to the list of the front of the jersey not mattering either.

This is embarrassing.
What’s embarrassing is your lack of brain function to understand the context of the answer to the question that was asked.

Reactions: brianpoe
Only record Cal cares about is the number of kids that go pro. Remember, if we don't have kids go pro, we ain't doing something right.

The context of the quote is he isn’t changed by the peaks and valleys of coaching. He is good in his own skin. Whether he makes the final four or has a bad year. Doesn’t change him as a person.
yea, that's why I was saying ugh about this year. kinda figured the whole context was there to begin with.

Thinking Cal doesnt care about winning is simply dumb, even for people drinking Bangkok beer evryday....
Yep. He's just saying that he hasn't done a good job of coaching this team and that the record is a byproduct of him failing the kids. He is trying to take the heat off the players.

He may also not care about the current record and only the finished product and figuring out how to get to that point. Doesn't mean he does not care about losing games.

Anyone who thinks he doesn't care about winning and that we are on a 4 game slide is a moron with a low IQ and zero critical thinking ability. I'm sure he just shouts, screams, and stomps all game bc he doesn't care about the outcome.

Yep. He's just saying that he hasn't done a good job of coaching this team and that the record is a byproduct of him failing the kids. He is trying to take the heat off the players.

He may also not care about the current record and only the finished product and figuring out how to get to that point. Doesn't mean he does not care about losing games.

Anyone who thinks he doesn't care about winning and that we are on a 4 game slide is a moron with a low IQ and zero critical thinking ability. I'm sure he just shouts, screams, and stomps all game bc he doesn't care about the outcome.
I wonder how much of a difference Cal sees in individual players in practice vs games? Some,none or a great deal?

I wonder how much of a difference Cal sees in individual players in practice vs games? Some,none or a great deal?
Good question. I'd bet Gabriel isn't 0 for his last 4 games from 3 during practice. He's been a big part of what's missing the last few games as he was one of our only consistent shooters at one point.

I'd also bet Washington and Diallo aren't as abysmal when the lights aren't on.

Has to be really frustrating as a coach

What’s embarrassing is your lack of brain function to understand the context of the answer to the question that was asked.

Another winner on here challenging brain function and education. Are you and brianpoe in bed together?

But seriously, what kind of low life POS gets on a message board and questions the intelligence and brain function of other human beings based on an opinion given through a computer? I honestly feel sorry for you.

Another winner on here challenging brain function and education. Are you and brianpoe in bed together?

But seriously, what kind of low life POS gets on a message board and questions the intelligence and brain function of other human beings based on an opinion given through a computer? I honestly feel sorry for you.
Because clearly you lack the ability to decipher comments which is direct result of your stupidity. You had a preconceived opinion of the comments and ran with it instead of showing some intelligence and understanding the context of the comments. Is that clear enough for you?

Let me say this, I started this thread and I stand by what I said even though I was frustrated last night.

Question people’s brain function, IQ, intelligence, education all you want like 7th grade bullies with small dicks.

Whether Coach Cal believes the things he says, there is a portion of this fan base (including myself) who is tired of the bullshit fluff we have to hear after every game. The “their young” or “their freshmen” gets old. Couple that with the occasional jab to the program and fan base in the gist of “its about the kids and not the program, fans, tradition, winning, or front of the jersey” and it gets older. Add that on to losing now and it ain’t all peaches and cream like you name calling, sunshine pumpers like to make it out to be.

I’ll go back to studying for my grade school diploma now since a couple of you are so obsessed with my education in these here parts. Howdy y’all!

Because clearly you lack the ability to decipher comments which is direct result of your stupidity. You had a preconceived opinion of the comments and ran with it instead of showing some intelligence and understanding the context of the comments. Is that clear enough for you?

Have a good day buddy. You are a sad human being. But I truly hope you make something of putting down others. It’s a bad look. Best wishes!

Can't fix stupid.....

Reactions: irishcat1965
Boys bash all you want. I’ve gotta get back to my job being stoopid. Pick me up a case of meller yeller from the cuntry store on the way home from yer big boy job will ye?

Calm down, take it as brothers beating up on each other. We actually agree more than we dont.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Calm down, take it as brothers beating up on each other. We actually agree more than we dont.

Very true.

You and I have gone back and forth over Stoops, among other things. But you’re a solid poster and bring a lot to the board. I definitely respect you.

We’re all here for the same goal.

My friend, I’m as calm as can be. If childish people want to question fans of their own team on their education, financial status, intelligence and IQ, we’re in a worst world than I thought. I couldn’t care less it’s me that’s the apparent target here. Just pointing out that it’s quite “stupid” as you and your bud like to say, that we’ve come to this. It’s immature and laughable to bring those kind of insults out for differing opinions on an Internet message board.

However, as always I hope Cal turns it around with these guys, as doubtful as that is. I also think he needs to be more sensitive to the program first, State first, tradition first mindset of the portion of the fan base and not say dumb things. As always, I love all my BBN brothers, even the much more intelligent than I (obviously) brianpoe and irishcat. May we win #9 sooner than later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT