ADVERTISEMENT

Seven who threatened ref after Kentucky's Elite Eight loss ID'd

It doesn't matter what you buy. There are no charges, no names, no information on the threats, and no evidence at all.

You always this quick to assume the worst?

I'm not buying that bs. They are punting this off and they've got nothing. Wasted time and resources.

Tell me you can't see a poster like Zipp jumping on the train mid stream and placing a threat? It's not hard to pull off an anonymous threat and pretend to be someone else.
True. They are pushing it off to local jurisdictions who won't give a crap. If Nebraska can't prosecute, that says everything.

Seek psychological help.

I don't know what his program is (presuming it's not UK), but you've no means of knowing whether that statement is true, regardless.

And the truth is the fact that the irrational lynch-mob-like Higgins threads still continue to repeatedly appear here is nothing but an embarrassing blight on our program's reputation.

I just wonder if any of you numbskulls have bothered to notice how the national audience, outside of BBN-land, has interpreted this Higgins story. The answer is OVERWHELMINGLY negative toward us--everybody who dislikes us has been using it as fuel reinforcing the perception of Kentuckians as out of touch, no life, uneducated rednecks. Yet so many of you seem determined to perpetuate that even further--it's almost like y'all think the rest of the world's on your side here, when it SO clearly is not.

Get some perspective, people. Know when to admit "...hey, maybe we went too far this time..."

I guess you missed the fact that Higgins said that this has happened to him in the past, but it got no press. Wonder why it did this time?

Very troubling to read so many UK fans dismissing this as if it were much ado about nothing. Or even condoning the behavior, as if death threats and harassing phone calls are no big deal.

We've pretty much agreed that unc fans should be outraged over what went on within their program. And UofL fans should be outraged over all the embarrassing things in their program. I think we should be outraged as well. If a single person made a single threat against that ref, they deserve jail time. It's just that simple. At the bare minimum this gives our entire fan base a black eye. But mostly this is criminal behavior, and can't be brushed aside nor tolerated.

Very troubling to read so many UK fans dismissing this as if it were much ado about nothing. Or even condoning the behavior, as if death threats and harassing phone calls are no big deal.

We've pretty much agreed that unc fans should be outraged over what went on within their program. And UofL fans should be outraged over all the embarrassing things in their program. I think we should be outraged as well. If a single person made a single threat against that ref, they deserve jail time. It's just that simple. At the bare minimum this gives our entire fan base a black eye. But mostly this is criminal behavior, and can't be brushed aside nor tolerated.

No it doesn't. Only intellectually lazy people think the actions a few reflect on the entire fanbase.

I underestimated the amount of psychos we have on this board. I mean, I've always estimated pretty high, but...

Reactions: UK90
Leave your politics in the politics thread. Both parties do the same, both are hypocrites. I bet you didnt whine about the cost of the Benghazi or Lewinsky investigations.
Hmm, interesting comparisons. In one a president is having an affair in the white house with an intern and in the other, 4 Americans were killed without our government lifting a finger. Sure, we'll go with your analogy.

So 7 people made some sort of threat? You'll see worse over little league baseball games.

Higgins is a criminal. I couldn't care less about him or his family. He should have thought about them before he became a criminal.

Yikes, this guy is def one of the seven...

The article said they have not said where the 7 reside. As others have said, anyone could make a call and pretend to be an outraged UK fan. If these people are true UK fans and get charged, then that's fine. I'm not going to indict an entire fanbase for it though. Do people not yet know that internet message boards are not indicative of the general population. I'd wager if you randomly stopped 100 people on the street, maybe 5 of them had posted on a message board.

Hopefully the 7 are prosecuted. Senseless harassment like that is uncalled for. He may be a terrible ref, but he didn't deserve what he got. Hope y'all understand that. Maybe you think it's no big deal. But have you ever been on the receiving end?
I have never been on the receiving end because I've never done anything that would call for such a thing.
But I do agree, that went way too far.
However, Higgins will now think twice before he tries to pull the same crap.

Except when the crowd cheers on the rapist.

Here we see significant numbers condoning death threats. That reflects on us all. We look just like NC filth or UL meth heads.

I read every post now and I saw ONE post that might be construed as condoning a threat. ONE. Far, far more posts condemning this. But yes, let's pounce on one post and make it seem like a mob mentality is at play here.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Not to justify those under investigation...

However, if a mass of people literally outcry toward your job performance being inept...in most professions, that's something to consider. In regard to the NCAA, his performance is/was a non-issue regardless of the complaints.

Again, not justifying those who went off the deep end about it. I just question the source of it all and why total blame deferred to 'crazy fans' as opposed to 'poor job performance.'

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
I hope the 7 get what is coming to them. Threatening a man's life over a BB game, are you serious? Then some poster in this thread says Higgins is a criminal..missing some calls or making bad calls in BB is not a criminal act..what a freakin' idiot..It is a BB game people, get over it..Damn..some of you are beyond stupid..
The article didn't claim what the threats were, so why are you jumping to conclusions? If they were that bad, the Nebraska authorities could act on their own. Instead they are passing it off to local jurisdictions who won't give a crap.

Did you just seriously compare those things?

Yikes, this guy is def one of the seven...

I don't use social media platforms and couldn't care less to place threats.

I don't BUY any of this bs.

When I say I don't care about Higgins or his family, I mean I don't care. I don't care how they feel about it. I don't care if it scared them. I don't care if some dumbass made a call and went too far over a basketball game. I don't care.

Higgins is a criminal. Some of these things should have been considered before he became one.

Hmm, interesting comparisons. In one a president is having an affair in the white house with an intern and in the other, 4 Americans were killed without our government lifting a finger. Sure, we'll go with your analogy.

Actually with our government lying about those deaths.

No special prosecutor.

IRS targeting political opponents?

No special prosecutor.

fast and furious scandal?

No special prosecutor.

There's a corrupt party alright.

Don't know how this became about that, but that's mo.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
So 7 people made some sort of threat? You'll see worse over little league baseball games.

Higgins is a criminal. I couldn't care less about him or his family. He should have thought about them before he became a criminal.
Yeah, 7 people...that's it. And I wonder what % of the 75% of KY area codes these 7 people made up. Would be comical if none of the 7 were actually in KY. Better yet, I'd bet that a few of them were Loo-a-ville fans posing as UK fans to stir up trouble.

We need more info on the 7 people - names, where they live, and if they are or aren't UK fans. Of course, the article says they were ID'd, but then won't release the names or where they were from. Typical of today's media.

Reactions: morgousky
Who's condoning death threats?

Yours for starters. You probably can't see it with your little passive aggressive mentality. Someone like you just turns their head and says if I don't see it, it didn't happen. Just like a good little NC filth fan.

What happened was despicable.

Reactions: mj2k10
Yours for starters. You probably can't can't see it with your little passive aggressive mentality. Someone like you just turns their head and says if I don't see it, it didn't happen. Just like a good little NC filth fan.

Name the post.

You're a liar. You've always been one.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and KYNC89
Yours for starters. You probably can't see it with your little passive aggressive mentality. Someone like you just turns their head and says if I don't see it, it didn't happen. Just like a good little NC filth fan.

Is Higgins dead? Was an attempt made on his life? Then why should we actually let that bother us?

LOL. I rest my case. Bottom feeder.

Exactly. You can't. You're a liar.

Take a nap grandpa. Don't hurt yourself over this.

Oh my, was that a threat?

KyBassFan to the CJ -

"Upon expressing my distaste at the thousands of threats Higgins received, I was then threatened myself, with a nap."

I'm sure your boy Tipton would love
To turn that one with you.

Ok, so this should be easy for you. What happened exactly? Go ahead, spell out what these 7 people supposedly did. We'll wait.

Very troubling to read so many UK fans dismissing this
brutus-marvin-fongjpg-6e27f7413be48ba0.jpg

d8c.gif

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I don't use social media platforms and couldn't care less to place threats.

I don't BUY any of this bs.

When I say I don't care about Higgins or his family, I mean I don't care. I don't care how they feel about it. I don't care if it scared them. I don't care if some dumbass made a call and went too far over a basketball game. I don't care.

Higgins is a criminal. Some of these things should have been considered before he became one.
Higgins could be a criminal but there's no proof of that out there. But there's more than enough evidence to prove he has a bias towards Cal and or UK. Anybody with a brain can see that and that's what has caused all the anger in the fan base. And then when you throw in the fact that his superiors actually rewarded his performance in the EE game, many fans feel justified in taking things a little too far imo. I guess if there is anything positive that comes from this soap opera it's that he won't ref another UK game hopefully.

Higgins could be a criminal but there's no proof of that out there. But there's more than enough evidence to prove he has a bias towards Cal and or UK. Anybody with a brain can see that and that's what has caused all the anger in the fan base. And then when you throw in the fact that his superiors actually rewarded his performance in the EE game, many fans feel justified in taking things a little too far imo. I guess if there is anything positive that comes from this soap opera it's that he won't ref another UK game hopefully.

In my opinion, he's a criminal. I've seen enough. The NCAA would never allow the truth to come out.

Coach cal does not make mistakes when he speaks. Especially to the media. Cal wanted pressure applied to Higgins. That's why he said what he said, that's why he stayed quiet for a good period of time afterwards. He released the dogs so Higgins wouldn't be allowed to do this again. He's a master spokesman. They don't make mistakes speaking.

I don't care about a few dumb threats. If they did it, show the proof and prosecute. If you can't provide the proof, there's nothing to discuss. It didn't happen as far as the law is concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT