ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is so full of crap

Cal is generationally wealthy. He's not coaching because he has to.
He is also generationally stupid.
People in this fanbase aren't able to be objective about the situation so I take anything anyone else says with a grain of salt. Cal would still be here if he was getting the support he felt was needed so if you asked Cal, one-on-one, privately why he left Kentucky, I'm sure that would be the #1 reason. He couldn't assemble the sort of team he has now at Arkansas here. it's not so much a philosophical change as much as a monetary one. More people will wake up to this eventually. I just had a head start.
One thing is for certain, you love you some John Calipari. You are certainly one of his biggest apologists. He would still be here if he could win more than one tournament game or if could have avoid an increasing number of embarrassing losses. The guy simply can't coach and it amazes me that you can see that. He has wasted more talent than anyone else who has ever coached basketball.

This new article just came out here.

Here is a quote about needing a new formula to win. I guess the Bennies were right Cal.

"The lesson was you can't do this now with seven freshmen," he said. "You just can't. You're going to hit a team that's 25 years old on average, one was 26, and that team is physically going to get you, and so now we have a couple transfers that are older, some kids that transferred from Kentucky that went through it, and they're a year older, and some freshmen."
Cal said this last year if you remember.

Here is a quote about needing a new formula to win. I guess the Bennies were right Cal.

"The lesson was you can't do this now with seven freshmen," he said. "You just can't. You're going to hit a team that's 25 years old on average, one was 26, and that team is physically going to get you, and so now we have a couple transfers that are older, some kids that transferred from Kentucky that went through it, and they're a year older, and some freshmen."
Pigapari ... what a forkin' fraud. Ron White says Arkansas can't be fixed.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
John Calipari Reaction GIF by SB Nation
My favorite meme of Cal. Poor Randle thought he had a great idea. Ha Ha Ha

Wait...I thought I was the only one who supposedly posted threads about Cal. What is this phenomenon?

I find it strange that so many still to this day miss it with Calipari.

Oh well, the issue with the “dead spots” on our court should suddenly correct itself now. I’d imagine Nike will suddenly pimp the brand again, and our coach will suddenly remember to play his best lineups. If people notice he was already recruiting older players in the portal….but oh well. I’ll leave it be.

Calipari’s downfall in the end, even though he’ll suddenly fix those problems too🙄, will be his coaching bench. He’s simply not a good floor guy and cannot resist the temptation to feel power and control.

At one of Calipari’s old stops he had an issue with the private plane he used for recruiting. The strong arming was heavy then too.

Reactions: Mike-McD
I find it strange that so many still to this day miss it with Calipari.

Oh well, the issue with the “dead spots” on our court should suddenly correct itself now. I’d imagine Nike will suddenly pimp the brand again, and our coach will suddenly remember to play his best lineups. If people notice he was already recruiting older players in the portal….but oh well. I’ll leave it be.

Calipari’s downfall in the end, even though he’ll suddenly fix those problems too🙄, will be his coaching bench. He’s simply not a good floor guy and cannot resist the temptation to feel power and control.

At one of Calipari’s old stops he had an issue with the private plane he used for recruiting. The strong arming was heavy then too.
Our uniforms got absymal after 2016. We wore those checkerboard uniforms for 6-7 years in a row. Beforehand we got new uniforms every year or two. With a slew of alternates every year.

Our uniforms got absymal after 2016. We wore those checkerboard uniforms for 6-7 years in a row. Beforehand we got new uniforms every year or two. With a slew of alternates every year.

Yea it’s just a wtf. Like a brand new beautiful floor getting trashed for the old faded square floor, hated uniforms sticking around, happens at every blue blood…..Hopefully that’s going to be corrected now.

Playing your best players too, that one slips…. Hopefully corrected now.

Wait...I thought I was the only one who supposedly posted threads about Cal. What is this phenomenon?
Don’t worry about the haters. He’s a championship winning coach here who many thought would retire a legend. He just got lazy and now coaches a rival. What he does will be news regardless if some don’t like it.

Last edited:
Don’t worry about the haters. He’s a championship winning coach here who many thought would retire a legend. He just got lazy and now coaches a rival. What he does will be news regardless if some don’t like it:

Yea for real, it’s interesting to talk about. Ya know it’s kind of influential news when a guy as influential as Calipari is gone to a rival (lower case r) and ends his tenure the way he did. In what world is that not going to be talked about? I’ll tell you which…

A sports message board where the ones who relentlessly defended the pos want it forgotten and dropped.

I didn’t say that last part out loud, it was strictly between me and you. In all seriousness thinking it should just be dropped is super weird and their post get super annoying when they complain about it. Is what it is move on to another thread.

Yea for real, it’s interesting to talk about. Ya know it’s kind of influential news when a guy as influential as Calipari is gone to a rival (lower case r) and ends his tenure the way he did. In what world is that not going to be talked about? I’ll tell you which…

A sports message board where the ones who relentlessly defended the pos want it forgotten and dropped.

I didn’t say that last part out loud, it was strictly between me and you. In all seriousness thinking it should just be dropped is super weird and their post get super annoying when they complain about it. Is what it is move on to another thread.
Like it or not he’s probably gonna be in a lot of news the next 4-5 years at least. I mean we had Tubby news years after he left even Minnesota.

Reactions: Killswitch24
People in this fanbase aren't able to be objective about the situation so I take anything anyone else says with a grain of salt. Cal would still be here if he was getting the support he felt was needed so if you asked Cal, one-on-one, privately why he left Kentucky, I'm sure that would be the #1 reason. He couldn't assemble the sort of team he has now at Arkansas here. it's not so much a philosophical change as much as a monetary one. More people will wake up to this eventually. I just had a head start.
This makes absolutely zero sense. He has 3 players who played at UK last year, 3 others who were committed to join and he has added 2 players to the same roster he was going to have at UK.

Reactions: 1war
Not a lack of talent, resources, or even as mostly cited experience but rather insufficient attention to detail, disdain for focused preperation, failure to have eyes on the prizes of wins and banners as the prime directive, but most costly was the butthole puckering in the face of adversity and the teams reflecting that from their coach.

A) its nice to not have articles about your coach every off season. At the time when cal was our coach it felt good bc “we were always in the spotlight” but really its just cal boosting his ego bc he cant stand not being in the limelight. He needs to be center of attention and he will say anything to be that but he wont follow through 90% of the time.

B) it doesnt matter unless he literally gets an nba all star team but even then he might blow it a la 2015. His in game coaching is like he doesnt understand basketball which is weird bc i know he does. It got so bad at the end here that ppl wanted to hire an “offensive coordinator” thats how bad pf a coach he is, he needed someone else to coach/call offense for him. It would be good for him wnd he semi did it with welch but of course cal couldnt even keep him around for more than 1 season so he went back to cal ball late in the year and tanked the season, again. Good luck arkansas brad is the new OC

Last edited:
I think that everyone is missing that it takes older, more experienced players to run the magnificent RRRRUUUUUNNNNN and GGGGGOOOOO offense. ;) Now he will have what he needs to make it work.

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Listening to Aaron Torres talk about what Cal said like it's a revelation. Saying he doesn't think Cal is speaking BS...boy, he doesn't know Cal.
That Aaron Torres guy is nothing more than a Sesame Street Muppet. I love his enthusiasm, but my God he rarely ever says earthshaking or controversial. He reads or "hears" something and it's off to YouTube.

Confused Black And White GIF by Muppet Wiki

A) its nice to not have articles about your coach every off season. At the time when cal was our coach it felt good bc “we were always in the spotlight” but really its just cal boosting his ego bc he cant stand not being in the limelight. He needs to be center of attention and he will say anything to be that but he wont follow through 90% of the time.

B) it doesnt matter unless he literally gets an nba all star team but even then he might blow it a la 2015. His in game coaching is like he doesnt understand basketball which is weird bc i know he does. It got so bad at the end here that ppl wanted to hire an “offensive coordinator” thats how bad pf a coach he is, he needed someone else to coach/call offense for him. It would be good for him wnd he semi did it with welch but of course cal couldnt even keep him around for more than 1 season so he went back to cal ball late in the year and tanked the season, again. Good luck arkansas brad is the new OC
Cal loves being in a different kind of spotlight.

season 6 episode 23 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Translation: “I failed at UK and ran away and only now can I admit that failure. I need to convince the older transfers that I care about them.”

Not to be confused with the very recent:

“This team is built for March.”

Calipari defended the idea of not filling out all 13 scholarships with recruited players, as he said they are likely to finish at nine.

"The ninth? It depends on who it is," he said. "That's what we're looking for. Is it a shooter? Is it a 4-man that could shoot? Is it a strong physical [presence]? Is it a defensive guy? Or just right now I can breathe because we got eight and I'm hoping there'll be nine. But what if there's not? Somebody said, 'Well, what if you have injuries?' If the wrong guy gets injured on any team in this country, you're done."

Looking like the same old situation to me.

And he still can't coach. So glad he didn't get the support, assuming your opinion is correct .

Whats annoying to me is, ok.. lets say hes 100% being honest here.. where the hell was this the last 6 or 7 years? What, he needed to basically get fired for him to realize he needed to make some changes? Just kind of sad, it really didnt need to get to this.
To be fair. This NIL and Portal stuff is fairly new. They (the players) couldn't transfer like that before. I think his points are valid and he is trying to adjust to a new norm. Some coaches (like the Clemson Head Coach) would not admit that times have changed and it's time to adapt.

I think we had non freshman playing significant minutes so Cal like always is a spin meister.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Whats annoying to me is, ok.. lets say hes 100% being honest here.. where the hell was this the last 6 or 7 years? What, he needed to basically get fired for him to realize he needed to make some changes? Just kind of sad, it really didnt need to get to this.
He has had the older teams in the past few years as well. He has gone back and forth and had teams that had both but still couldn't win in a big way. People act like Cal hasn't said this same thing before when he has!!

Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT