ADVERTISEMENT

Seven who threatened ref after Kentucky's Elite Eight loss ID'd

If they are found innocent

I'm just saying if they are found guilty

bothways.jpg

Good Lord! By law, they are innocent until proven guilty. They haven't been charged or prosecuted. It's only an insinuation at this point that somebody phoned a threat and no one knows who.

Well, its in the national media now.

The national media is a joke.The folks at ESPN drank the PC kool-aid a long time ago and have ZERO credibility. I never watch except an occasional game, and if they start with the political crap I turn the sound off or change the channel. I enjoy sports because, it's all about scoreboard and fair competition. When the political BS start, it nauseates me. @Cardsstink is correct. This thread is going into the sewer fast. Higgins supporters now trolling an unsubstantiated race card against the BBN because we all know Higgins cheats. It's only the racists white or black who bring it up. For what ever reason, the fact is obvious, like global climate change, the reasons do not matter, people see what they want to see.
[sick] :thumbsdown: :flush:

I doubt that actual credible death threats against Higgins occurred in the way that he claims. Higgins is a corrupt liar and a cheat. He's got serious credibility issues as a witness as well. The fact that such a high profile case is being shelved like this midstream gives the impression that the prosecution's star witness lied his ass off.

Last edited:
Whores don't deserve to be raped. Whatever Higgins is, he and his family don't deserve to be threatened, vandalized, etc etc. Its really very simple.
I agree with this; however, he needs to be investigated and dealt with as determined by the investigation. He is not clean in this either. He, due to his obvious biased calls, is the instigator and should not get off free. For me, I would be satisfied if he never called another UK game. I do not wish him or his family any harm. GO CATS!!

Last edited:
Did he call us and give us a death threat? I don't remember that at all.

Point = not the same.
Certainly not equal to death threats; but who can say what he has cost the schools in dollars that would have been used for scholarships, etc. - He has deliberately screwed them with his very biased calls. To me, he appears to be no better than a player or team who shaves points. You may call it a game; however, with the money involved, it is more than a game. GO CATS!!

Reactions: _Rooster
Whores don't deserve to be raped. Whatever Higgins is, he and his family don't deserve to be threatened, vandalized, etc etc. Its really very simple.
True; however, the teams against which he is so obviously biased don't deserved to be raped by his calls either. GO CATS!!

1. Anyone who'd threaten a ref is an idiot and deserves what he gets.
2. But I reject the national narrative that there was nothing to complain about with Higgins performance.
3. If they are neglecting to prosecute, my guess is there's not a lot there.
4. There was a lot of sensationalized, breathless reporting on this -- 3,000 fans! They want to kill the ref! Cal started it all! Might just be the latest episode in the death spiral of modern media.
5. So I want to wait to hear all the facts before I get too outraged.
6. No matter how bad it is, we're talking individual actors not affiliated with the school or basketball program. Lone nuts. So comparisons to UNC and UofL are misplaced.....

I agree with this; however, he needs to be investigated and dealt with as determined by the investigation. He is not clean in this either. He, due to his obvious biased calls, is the instigator and should not get off free. For me, I would be satisfied if he never called another UK game. I do not wish him or his family any harm. GO CATS!!

Interestingly enough, I thought we had a chance for that till the morons made the death threats. He's the victim now. Our 'special' fans turned him into a martyr. We'll be lucky if his buddies, don't use the whistle against us.

Nope, never said they were guilty, unlike you who branded an individual a criminal though he's never been convicted of a crime. All I said was that, if guilty, they deserve the harshest penalty allowed by law. I stand by that. The crime was despicable. Clearly the scum of our fan base needs to be taught a lesson.

You on the other hand seem eager to look the other way and pretend like nothing happened. That tells me all I need to know about you.

"The crime was despicable". Said crime described by the referee whose reputation for truth is in some doubt. "The scum of our fan base" is a telling comment on your idea of branding some who have not been "convicted of a crime".

Your self-righteous stance is endearing but not convincing. That tells me all I need to know about you.

"The crime was despicable". Said crime described by the referee whose reputation for truth is in some doubt. "The scum of our fan base" is a telling comment on your idea of branding some who have not been "convicted of a crime".

Your self-righteous stance is endearing but not convincing. That tells me all I need to know about you.

Apparently the local authorities didn't find it in some doubt. The matter has been referred to the FCC. You are just covering for the scum, whomever they might be. What does that say about you.

Apparently the local authorities didn't find it in some doubt. The matter has been referred to the FCC. You are just covering for the scum, whomever they might be. What does that say about you.

Who are the "scum" you refer to so frequently. I don't know if any really exist and the FCC doesn't either. Neither do you. You only give credence to what amounts to gossip and the whining of a crooked ref who brought his family into the story to gain sympathy for all anyone knows.

Reactions: Blueaz
Actually with our government lying about those deaths.

No special prosecutor.

IRS targeting political opponents?

No special prosecutor.

fast and furious scandal?

No special prosecutor.

There's a corrupt party alright.

Don't know how this became about that, but that's mo.

From Sean Hannity's lips, to your ears

Maybe they should have used their time to investigate real crimes like, why is Higgins even allowed to be an official? How is it that the most corrupt program ever to grace the NCAA still get unimaginable calls to escape defeat against two separate teams and why was UNC even allowed to compete to begin with? F UNC, F Higgins and F the NCAA.

Reactions: James McGavock
I love it when people calling out racists, or whatever, use cultural stereotypes as insults while doing so. Really adds to their credibility.
Fine, I shouldn't have written that part.

But the idea remains: stop making excuses for the absolute worst of the fan base. Don't pretend like racism doesn't exist, don't pretend that race doesn't have anything to do with the lingering animus towards Tubby Smith for some people (not all, not even close to all, but anyone with a brain knows it's a part of it). Stop making excuses for the idiots who made threats against a ref, just because that ref happened to do a crap job. Stop acting like it's a conspiracy to make UK fans look bad, stop making equivalencies between a ref doing a crappy job and perhaps being biased and threatening that ref with physical harm.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Hopefully the 7 are prosecuted. Senseless harassment like that is uncalled for. He may be a terrible ref, but he didn't deserve what he got. Hope y'all understand that. Maybe you think it's no big deal. But have you ever been on the receiving end?

To the contrary, it's petty on his part to whine to authorities then come to find out that 7 people might have lost their cool in the wake of another poorly officiated job on his part. These 7 people will never hear anything from this bunk. All it was meant to do was to smear Kentucky. Hopefully the nc2a will see fit to never let this piece of excrement officiate another of our games.

There we go, that little twig is on ignore.

Go pound sand mr. White Goodman.

Coward.

Interestingly enough, I thought we had a chance for that till the morons made the death threats. He's the victim now. Our 'special' fans turned him into a martyr. We'll be lucky if his buddies, don't use the whistle against us.
Thank you. I think you are correct. GO CATS!!

UK is 3-5 in games he has officiated. Higgins was a referee in the tournament game when UK lost to UConn in the 2011 Final Four. The UNC game was just the cherry on the top. Even rival fans couldn't believe how impartial and terrible he called the game.
269294792.gif

NCAA basketball is a BILLION dollar industry. I don't think it's right to threaten his life (if that REALLY happened), but when I read the article it seemed Higgins was more concerned about his Google rating for his business. Clearly he doesn't belong in college basketball.

Jmo.

Higgins is sort of like a person you see stealing something; however, they are not a criminal since they have not been convicted!? That is how I see Higgins. We saw the kinds of deliberate calls he made; and if that is not cheating I don't know what is. Whose to say he don't have friends or acquaintances who are benefiting from from his "questionable" calls? He is not squeaky clean in this. - Same as those, who ever they are, that made the threatening calls to him. GO CATS!!

I think he is a crooked POS but what you are talking about is evidence not proof because you accuse him of things that are significantly determined by intent and pay off.

You have to connect dots well beyond just pointing at horrendous calls and one sided impact to get to crimes and not just firing offenses.

Bias no matter how extreme isn't criminal nor in this area is any level of incompetence.
You see what has transpired but to be criminal it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt not only something but a specific something criminal happened.

Not only can you not convict, I'm not sure you can clearly articulate a charge. "He's screwing us" has no legal weight no matter how much I agree that part is clearly true.

He could just hate us and therefore screws us without any illicit consideration or payoff whatsoever which is a complete dereliction of duty and the literal reverse of his charge implicit in his position.

Termination, professional sanction, being slammed as a garbage official all across the media, loss of license and accreditation sure but it isn't a criminal matter without a whole lot more evidence than what he did during the game(s), which was beyond ridiculous because the "why" drives if it is illegal, incompetence, or just unacceptable.

That's a productive use of months of law enforcement time. Don't agree with threatening him, but not too concerned about it either. He's an incompetent and a biased phony.
I visited my aunt and cousin in Sarpy County (Bellevue), Nebraska last month. Trust me, it's not like local law enforcement has anything better going on.

Reactions: morgousky
I think he is a crooked POS but what you are talking about is evidence not proof because you accuse him of things that are significantly determined by intent and pay off.

You have to connect dots well beyond just pointing at horrendous calls and one sided impact to get to crimes and not just firing offenses.

Bias no matter how extreme isn't criminal nor in this area is any level of incompetence.
You see what has transpired but to be criminal it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt not only something but a specific something criminal happened.

Not only can you not convict, I'm not sure you can clearly articulate a charge. "He's screwing us" has no legal weight no matter how much I agree that part is clearly true.

He could just hate us and therefore screws us without any illicit consideration or payoff whatsoever which is a complete dereliction of duty and the literal reverse of his charge implicit in his position.

Termination, professional sanction, being slammed as a garbage official all across the media, loss of license and accreditation sure but it isn't a criminal matter without a whole lot more evidence than what he did during the game(s), which was beyond ridiculous because the "why" drives if it is illegal, incompetence, or just unacceptable.
Thanks Bluegrassking; I wasn't intending to accuse him or convict him. I should have been more clear that it would not surprise me if he didn't have some sort of agenda. His calls are too one sided for there not to be some sort of agenda, legal or not. My only hope is that he, nor any of his "friends", never call another UK basketball game. Thanks again. GO CATS!!

"About 3,000 phone calls came in to Higgins' office in the two days after the game. Sheriff's investigator Matt Barrall estimated 75 percent were from Kentucky area codes.

Higgins' business also received a flood of bogus negative online reviews, causing his Google rating to plummet. Higgins' website got more than 28,000 hits in the days after the game, and he was forced to take his business Facebook page down."

There is NOTHING about this that is okay, acceptable or understandable. Nobody should be proud of this reaction on the part of UK fans. I sincerely hope the seven who made threats have jail cell doors slammed in their faces.

"About 3,000 phone calls came in to Higgins' office in the two days after the game. Sheriff's investigator Matt Barrall estimated 75 percent were from Kentucky area codes.

Higgins' business also received a flood of bogus negative online reviews, causing his Google rating to plummet. Higgins' website got more than 28,000 hits in the days after the game, and he was forced to take his business Facebook page down."

There is NOTHING about this that is okay, acceptable or understandable. Nobody should be proud of this reaction on the part of UK fans. I sincerely hope the seven who made threats have jail cell doors slammed in their faces.

So what school are you a fan of?

John?
Mr Higgins?....is that you?

Hopefully you wait another 7 years before you post again.

Reactions: awf
Look how much the Democrats are making the US spend on the stupid Russian investigation.
Most of these people get paid whether they are investigating anything or not. Might as well make them earn some money.

That is 7 more than what it should have been but I thought it was thousands of calls and threats. Evidently those were 7 busy people to do all that by themselves.

Most of these people get paid whether they are investigating anything or not. Might as well make them earn some money.
Lots of truth in your reply, I just wish they would use the money to make our Country better and not the self serving interests of the Political Parties.

Lots of truth in your reply, I just wish they would use the money to make our Country better and not the self serving interests of the Political Parties.
Both sides do it and lets face it neither gives a crap about any of us.

If anyone made threats of harm to him, they should be prosecuted. If found guilty, they should suffer the legal consequences.
Did he make poor calls? It appears he did, but like Mom always said, "Two wrongs don't make a right". As for those who make derogatory statements about him contacting the authorities: I've found the only persons that take exception to having matters referred to the authorities are those that have done something wrong,
I applaud ANYONE that chooses to take the appropriate legal route versus taking matters into his own hands. Besides, if you really want to get back at someone, taking them to court and the subsequent consequences hits them harder than hitting them in the mouth.

Typical Kentucky idiots. haha what a laughable program and fan base.
Indiana? We don't get too many of you over here. You have fallen off the map and will likely never get back to true blue blood status. I know that hurts which is why you are here trying to make yourself feel better. Poor Hoosiers.

You are aware that North Carolina had a seven-point lead with less than two minutes to go and coughed it up? Not to mention the double-digit lead UNC blew earlier in the game. But yeah, they 'figured out a way to win:' an off-balance 18-footer off a scramble play by a bench warmer who was probably their fifth option on the floor at that moment.

A 5-point lead with six minutes to go, when you've battled back from a deep hole brought about in large part by horrible officiating is not a lock.
Who said it was?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT