ADVERTISEMENT

Seven who threatened ref after Kentucky's Elite Eight loss ID'd

It is just a game. Fox and Bam and the other 5 got what they came for....they're all headed to the league after a year. In the grand scheme of things please tell me what difference it made to their end result? It is just a game. The fans care way more than the players with this farm team program.

Our players are more connected after they're gone than players of your program.

You know its true.

Not buying the whole "other fans" bit. We have way too many loons in our fanbase to not make up the seven.

It doesn't matter what you buy. There are no charges, no names, no information on the threats, and no evidence at all.

You always this quick to assume the worst?

I'm not buying that bs. They are punting this off and they've got nothing. Wasted time and resources.

Tell me you can't see a poster like Zipp jumping on the train mid stream and placing a threat? It's not hard to pull off an anonymous threat and pretend to be someone else.

It doesn't matter what you buy. There are no charges, no names, no information on the threats, and no evidence at all.

You always this quick to assume the worst?

I'm not buying that bs. They are punting this off and they've got nothing. Wasted time and resources.

Tell me you can't see a poster like Zipp jumping on the train mid stream and placing a threat? It's not hard to pull off an anonymous threat and pretend to be someone else.
Yeah but read the first post you wrote in this thread where you say you don't care about him or his family, call him a criminal and at the very least justify others doing it..

Last edited:
the narrative was that 1000s of UK fans called and they come up with only 7?? the media acted like most all of the fan base had called Higgins...

Reactions: crestcat and Blueaz
Our players are more connected after they're gone than players of your program.

You know its true.

Seek psychological help.

I don't know what his program is (presuming it's not UK), but you've no means of knowing whether that statement is true, regardless.

And the truth is the fact that the irrational lynch-mob-like Higgins threads still continue to repeatedly appear here is nothing but an embarrassing blight on our program's reputation.

I just wonder if any of you numbskulls have bothered to notice how the national audience, outside of BBN-land, has interpreted this Higgins story. The answer is OVERWHELMINGLY negative toward us--everybody who dislikes us has been using it as fuel reinforcing the perception of Kentuckians as out of touch, no life, uneducated rednecks. Yet so many of you seem determined to perpetuate that even further--it's almost like y'all think the rest of the world's on your side here, when it SO clearly is not.

Get some perspective, people. Know when to admit "...hey, maybe we went too far this time..."

Last edited:
Threatening somebody over anything other than physical violence done to yourself or someone you care about, is going too far, and is pathetic.

If you aren't better than that then you shouldn't be proud of it. Anyone like that, if they had a brain to have any self-awareness, would not advertise it.

John Higgins should be fired from his job. And that's all. He should not be killed, or fear being attacked/murdered. Such a sad thing to even need a conversation about.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
If anything good comes out of this, they will never let this clown Higgins ever call another game involving Kentucky.

Amen. If I ever see the SOB in another UK game, it will be too soon. Therefore I know when the time comes, he'll get the call.

Reactions: _Rooster
why would something one UK fan does, have any impact on me being embarrassed? why lump everyone in with the actions of a few? I hope this is not the way you provide reason to your analysis.

One? There were 7 at least and then the vast majority on here since the game have defended or made excuses those seven. Go back and look thru the posts. It's deeper than one. We have the most delusional and paranoid fan base in the nation bar none.

Seven?? Seven whole people? Oh the HORROR!! What has humanity eroded into? More people than that fixed a World Series. Trying to make a national story out of that. SMDH. Freaking ridiculous. Hey Higgins, play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
It wasn't 7 people. It was 7 people that were violent enough to be considered the most credible threats. Over 3000 phone calls were made.

Funny how folks want to believe it was just seven. They found enough to use as an example. I hope they prosecute this scum to the fullest extent possible. They have no place as Kentucky fans. They have no place in sports. Hopefully they are fined and do hard time.

To those of you condoning the action or even minimizing the action, you sound like fans of the filth from NC or hooker central. Shame on you.

Reactions: mj2k10 and Da_Bull
It is just a game. Fox and Bam and the other 5 got what they came for....they're all headed to the league after a year. In the grand scheme of things please tell me what difference it made to their end result? It is just a game. The fans care way more than the players with this farm team program.

Our players care big time! Guess you didn't see the video of Bam & Fox in the locker room after the game sobbing uncontrollably!

Yes, our guys want to get to the NBA, but they want to win a national championship badly for BBM, COACH CAL, their teammates & themselves on the way. That's the goal!

You moron!

Seek psychological help.

I don't know what his program is (presuming it's not UK), but you've no means of knowing whether that statement is true, regardless.

And the truth is the fact that the irrational lynch-mob-like Higgins threads still continue to repeatedly appear here is nothing but an embarrassing blight on our program's reputation.

I just wonder if any of you numbskulls have bothered to notice how the national audience, outside of BBN-land, has interpreted this Higgins story. The answer is OVERWHELMINGLY negative toward us--everybody who dislikes us has been using it as fuel reinforcing the perception of Kentuckians as out of touch, no perspective, no life, uneducated rednecks. Yet so many of you seem determined to perpetuate that even further--it's almost like y'all think the rest of the world's on your side here, when it SO clearly is not.

Get some perspective, people. Know when to admit "...hey, maybe we went too far this time..."
Brother, I hate to break it to you… But almost everybody outside of BBN thinks UK fans are country rednecks and hillbillies and would do anything to win. In the Cal is cheating scum and a used car salesman.

This board is pretty good at getting outraged over things without all the facts.

What we know:

1. Higgins says he was threatened.

2. Local authorities say they have identified 7 people who made threats but the local prosecutor has decided not to pursue the matter. We could speculate as to why that's true, but at this point we don't know who those 7 people are or what was said.

3. Other authorities in other jurisdictions will now have the opportunity to decide whether or not they wish to pursue charges. If/when that happens, we will find out who was involved and what was said.

If/when we get to that point, if we find out that Billy Joe Wildcat from Cat Scratch, KY literally threatened the referee's life or family, I'm sure most of us will display a sufficient level of condemnation/disapproval. Maybe we could hold the tar and feathers until then.

Seek psychological help.

I just wonder if any of you numbskulls have bothered to notice how the national audience, outside of BBN-land, has interpreted this Higgins story. The answer is OVERWHELMINGLY negative toward us--everybody who dislikes us has been using it as fuel reinforcing the perception of Kentuckians as out of touch, no perspective, no life, uneducated rednecks. Yet so many of you seem determined to perpetuate that even further--it's almost like y'all think the rest of the world's on your side here, when it SO clearly is not.

What's this "we crap" and where did the "this time" come into play? When were the other times?

Personally if I was Higgins, thank Heaven I'm not, I'd be more worried about the one or ones who didn't threaten. They'd be the serious ones.

Last edited:
Funny how folks want to believe it was just seven. They found enough to use as an example. I hope they prosecute this scum to the fullest extent possible. They have no place as Kentucky fans. They have no place in sports. Hopefully they are fined and do hard time.

To those of you condoning the action or even minimizing the action, you sound like fans of the filth from NC or hooker central. Shame on you.
Whoa! Hard time for making a mean phone call or internet post. I get spending a few nights in jail if you hold a knife or gun up to someone and make threats, but hard time over a phone message?

I can see this playing out in the prison. All the murderers, rapists, thiefs, gang members, and other bad asses from society ask why you're in.

"They got me for making a mean phone call to a referee that lives a thousand miles away from me. He screwed my team , so I left him a mean voicemail and bad review on his website.".

<other inmates take a step back. They just met the new prison boss>

This board is pretty good at getting outraged over things without all the facts.

What we know:

1. Higgins says he was threatened.

2. Local authorities say they have identified 7 people who made threats but the local prosecutor has decided not to pursue the matter. We could speculate as to why that's true, but at this point we don't know who those 7 people are or what was said.

3. Other authorities in other jurisdictions will now have the opportunity to decide whether or not they wish to pursue charges. If/when that happens, we will find out who was involved and what was said.

If/when we get to that point, if we find out that Billy Joe Wildcat from Cat Scratch, KY literally threatened the referee's life or family, I'm sure most of us will display a sufficient level of condemnation/disapproval. Maybe we could hold the tar and feathers until then.

Actually, the article answers number 2. It wasn't pursued locally due jurisdictional considerations. They'll notify the locals in the offenders region and they will pursue or remand it to the FBI.

Reactions: mj2k10
Whoa! Hard time for making a mean phone call or internet post. I get spending a few nights in jail if you hold a knife or gun up to someone and make threats, but hard time over a phone message?

I can see this playing out in the prison. All the murderers, rapists, thiefs, gang members, and other bad asses from society ask why you're in.

"They got me for making a mean phone call to a referee that lives a thousand miles away from me. He screwed my team , so I left him a mean voicemail and bad review on his website.".

<other inmates take a step back. They just met the new prison boss>

Yes hard time. A death threat is a death threat, the media of conveyance is irrelevant. The fact that it was interstate can invoke other crimes and penalties. I hope the maximum penalties are brought to bear.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Actually, the article answers number 2. It wasn't pursued locally due jurisdictional considerations. They'll notify the locals in the offenders region and they will pursue or remand it to the FBI.

I know what the article says. And it may even be the truth. I will give that statement more credence if charges are actually pursued in other jurisdictions.

It is not a Black or White question; it is more of a grey answer. Those phone calls could be made by Tarheels.

600x-1.png

Bloomberg Business Quote: "ESPN has lost more than 12 million subscribers since 2011, according to Nielsen, and the viewership erosion seems to be accelerating. Last fall, ESPN lost 621,000 subscribers in a single month, the most in the company’s history." ESPN is trolling the lake praying for strikes.

Higgins is a corrupt official who deserves all the grief. ^At best,^ an ass camouflaged as a zebra.
zonkey-2.jpg

He deserves nothing, nada, no respect at all. He should be fired for sure, perhaps jailed. His family deserves none of this as far as I know. But the blame is his and any suffering they might have falls at his feet, not BBN. The veiled threats are likely hyperbole. Violence is not warranted, but criminal investigation is. The indignation towards UK basketball primarily jealous fans looking to justify their hypocrisy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT