ADVERTISEMENT

Seven who threatened ref after Kentucky's Elite Eight loss ID'd

Funny how folks want to believe it was just seven. They found enough to use as an example. I hope they prosecute this scum to the fullest extent possible. They have no place as Kentucky fans. They have no place in sports. Hopefully they are fined and do hard time.

To those of you condoning the action or even minimizing the action, you sound like fans of the filth from NC or hooker central. Shame on you.
What about Higgins actions? Do you think he should be penalized or do you condone his actions? GO CATS!!

Very troubling to read so many UK fans dismissing this as if it were much ado about nothing. Or even condoning the behavior, as if death threats and harassing phone calls are no big deal.

We've pretty much agreed that unc fans should be outraged over what went on within their program. And UofL fans should be outraged over all the embarrassing things in their program. I think we should be outraged as well. If a single person made a single threat against that ref, they deserve jail time. It's just that simple. At the bare minimum this gives our entire fan base a black eye. But mostly this is criminal behavior, and can't be brushed aside nor tolerated.
Do they actually know if they are UK fans? Are they students? Alumni? Who are they? And maybe they should be punished; however, we should know who these fans are before we condemn a whole fan base. GO CATS!!

See, that's you. When people don't say what you like, you just make stuff up. You even called Higgins a criminal though he's been convicted of nothing. By definition he's not.
Higgins is sort of like a person you see stealing something; however, they are not a criminal since they have not been convicted!? That is how I see Higgins. We saw the kinds of deliberate calls he made; and if that is not cheating I don't know what is. Whose to say he don't have friends or acquaintances who are benefiting from from his "questionable" calls? He is not squeaky clean in this. - Same as those, who ever they are, that made the threatening calls to him. GO CATS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dynastydreamuk
IN MY OPINION

HIGGINS GAMBLES or is INVOLVED in GAMBLING and he is bad at it, and lets his bias show too much.

and I think many NCAA refs are.

Just like TIm Donaghy was and the many refs that never were randomly caught ... and for Donaghy to be caught it was by mere chance and he wasn't a rogue.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...y-organized-will-always-have-a-hand-in-sports

yea threatening Higgins family is wrong, but i don't see any proof that happened.... and i imagine many non-uk fan gamblers were calling higgins as well upset if they lost money in the game he totally fixed ... In my opinion. When i used to have a gambling problem I threw things at the tv when I saw refs that were obviously effecting the game for a purpose. Thank God I stopped gambling on college and nba basketball after I learned how bad the corruption was. Players still point shave as well, especially nba, you better believe it.

Higgins is sort of like a person you see stealing something; however, they are not a criminal since they have not been convicted!? That is how I see Higgins. We saw the kinds of deliberate calls he made; and if that is not cheating I don't know what is. Whose to say he don't have friends or acquaintances who are benefiting from from his "questionable" calls? He is not squeaky clean in this. - Same as those, who ever they are, that made the threatening calls to him. GO CATS!!

Whores don't deserve to be raped. Whatever Higgins is, he and his family don't deserve to be threatened, vandalized, etc etc. Its really very simple.

One? There were 7 at least and then the vast majority on here since the game have defended or made excuses those seven. Go back and look thru the posts. It's deeper than one. We have the most delusional and paranoid fan base in the nation bar none.

you don't know who the posters are or who they pretend to be.. do you make the same judgements when analyzing race, creed or color?

i'm calling out your argument that questioning the validity of something is wrong. was clearly referencing this from the start. sorry you can't comprehend that. and see you still haven't given an answer but just change the subject which is kind of like hiding. i don't care about your point on punishment, you have enough arguments going on with that. i'm talking about validating things. and you seem to have no problem with it even though you clearly insinuated otherwise when you said you don't discount things you don't like. fact seeking is always better than deciding what you believe with limited evidence. and you can't argue against that.

No, I haven't changed a thing. You are trying to drag me into a topic that is totally irrelevant. I've even answered your exact question and you lack the reading skills to see it. You can't validate things. Only a court of law can do that. So you are arguing a totally irrelevant point.

I'm not really seeing why you merit further response because you can't stay on topic.

Reactions: mj2k10
No, I haven't changed a thing. You are trying to drag me into a topic that is totally irrelevant. I've even answered your exact question and you lack the reading skills to see it. You can't validate things. Only a court of law can do that. So you are arguing a totally irrelevant point.

I'm not really seeing why you merit further response because you can't stay on topic.
actually you didn't answer the question. and it wasn't loaded or leading. it has to do with believing the reports coming out. so it's relevant.

Whores don't deserve to be raped. Whatever Higgins is, he and his family don't deserve to be threatened, vandalized, etc etc. Its really very simple.

No they don't. And YOU still don't know if they were, and who did it if it happened. Yet you're here playing morality man of the thread. And don't call anyone out about staying on topic, you've already moved the goal post in this thread.

No they don't. And YOU still don't know if they were, and who did it if it happened. Yet you're here playing morality man of the thread. And don't call anyone out about staying on topic, you've already moved the goal post in this thread.

Nope, never said they were guilty, unlike you who branded an individual a criminal though he's never been convicted of a crime. All I said was that, if guilty, they deserve the harshest penalty allowed by law. I stand by that. The crime was despicable. Clearly the scum of our fan base needs to be taught a lesson.

You on the other hand seem eager to look the other way and pretend like nothing happened. That tells me all I need to know about you.

So, what was the nature of the threats?
Can you describe the ruckus?

tumblr_inline_n3013t1gAC1qb6dhp.jpg

Nope, never said they were guilty, unlike you who branded an individual a criminal though he's never been convicted of a crime. All I said was that, if guilty, they deserve the harshest penalty allowed by law. I stand by that. The crime was despicable. Clearly the scum of our fan base needs to be taught a lesson.

You on the other hand seem eager to look the other way and pretend like nothing happened. That tells me all I need to know about you.

You and your ignorant ilk need to specify what happened. So far, we've got threats from 7 people, and have no idea who they are.

I bet you watch CNN and slurp it up.

Who gives a damn about catching rapists or meth-makers?

Let's investigate "death threats" on the internet from butthurt sports fans.

Law enforcement budgets well spent. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sportsfans that could be imitating UK fans. This "case" goes nowhere and it's only getting attention because of UK jealousy.

Reactions: track42
Sportsfans that could be imitating UK fans. This "case" goes nowhere and it's only getting attention because of UK jealousy.
Stop making excuses for scumbags.

This is like all the people who ignore the ginormous racial element in the never-ending hatefest that revolves around Tubby. You want to tell me that not all people who hate Tubby are racist? I agree, because I was on that exact side of the fence (hate in that case translating to "hated as UK coach"). But that doesn't change the fact that the anti-Tubby movement was ALWAYS going to include every single racist in the fan base. Minimizing that reality did no favors to anyone, because it inevitably led to the rational anti-Tubby argument getting tangled up with a sh**-ton of stupidity.

In this case, it's seems a lot more productive to me to admit that a segment of UK fans are complete idiots more than capable of completely losing all perspective than to act like there's some conspiracy by rival fans to make UK fans look bad.

This is like all the people who ignore the ginormous racial element in the never-ending hatefest that revolves around Tubby. You want to tell me that not all people who hate Tubby are racist? I agree, because I was on that exact side of the fence (hate in that case translating to "hated as UK coach"). But that doesn't change the fact that the anti-Tubby movement was ALWAYS going to include every single racist in the fan base. Minimizing that reality did no favors to anyone, because it inevitably led to the rational anti-Tubby argument getting tangled up with a sh**-ton of stupidity.

In this case, it's seems a lot more productive to me to admit that a segment of UK fans are complete idiots more than capable of completely losing all perspective than to act like there's some conspiracy by rival fans to make UK fans look bad.

Hau ab.

Yes I saw all those UK fans in white hoods running Tubby out of town.

Yes I saw all those UK fans in white hoods running Tubby out of town.
Way to be a complete idiot.

As simply as I can put it:
There most certainly didn't have to be any significant racial influence at all to think that Tubby was in over his head at UK. But it's equally true that every single cousin- fu**ing white supremacist tard from wherever Kentucky was ALWAYS going to hate Tubby Smith.

2 ways to face that. 1 is to act like those people don't exist (kind of pathetic, if you ask me), and the other is to accept it and then make it clear that those people are a pathetic, unaccepted minority.

There most certainly didn't have to be any significant racial influence at all to think that Tubby was in over his head at UK. But it's equally true that every single cousin- fu**ing white supremacist tard from wherever Kentucky was ALWAYS going to hate Tubby Smith.

2 ways to face that. 1 is to act like those people don't exist (kind of pathetic, if you ask me), and the other is to accept it and then make it clear that those people are a pathetic, unaccepted minority.
I would like to hear some proof of racist behavior that some UK displayed toward Tubby Smith.Did he ever say anything about it or imply that he received hate from UK fans about his race.You are making some huge assumptions and convicting people when you have zero evidence about this or those 7 people.

Reactions: ukmelanie
You and your ignorant ilk need to specify what happened. So far, we've got threats from 7 people, and have no idea who they are.

I bet you watch CNN and slurp it up.

Man, you are sick. Well, its in the national media now. Its been referred to the FCC and more than likely the FBI. You see, I don't have to specify crap. The prosecutors do and it appears they are gathering evidence to do just that.

And if found guilty, the perps deserve everything they get. We don't need scum like that.

I love it when people calling out racists, or whatever, use cultural stereotypes as insults while doing so. Really adds to their credibility.

I love it when people calling out racists, or whatever, use cultural stereotypes as insults while doing so. Really adds to their credibility.

I saw that, lol.

I have no comment on any "threats", however,it's obvious Higgins was on the take.

Do you think, after this incident (whether you're pro/anti), you'll start seeing Higgins call games down the middle or he'll still be on the take?

So 7 people made some sort of threat? You'll see worse over little league baseball games.

Higgins is a criminal. I couldn't care less about him or his family. He should have thought about them before he became a criminal.
You really couldn't care less about his innocent family? Over a Basketball game that in the vast scheme of things is trival? That means alot to us fans but when we pass on will mean ZILCH. Dang, i don't believe you at all. I HOPE thats not how you feel.

So, somehow we went from 7 of the 3,900 that called Higgins being id'd (even though they weren't actually named in the article) to UK fans being in league with the Aryran Brotherhood to run Tubby Smith out of town???

ADVERTISEMENT