ADVERTISEMENT

Seven who threatened ref after Kentucky's Elite Eight loss ID'd

Hopefully the 7 are prosecuted. Senseless harassment like that is uncalled for. He may be a terrible ref, but he didn't deserve what he got. Hope y'all understand that. Maybe you think it's no big deal. But have you ever been on the receiving end?
Yes I've made stupid selfish choices and am paying the consequences.

7 was probably all they had left after they sorted through all the threats from rival fans pretending to be UK fans.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
If anyone threatened his life they have issues and should be dealt with.
However, this man purposely abused his position against kids because of his own bias. He is corrupt and should be punished as well. I have little pity for a guy on a power trip that takes the game away from the players or coaches he doesn't like.

Watch the video of Fox and Bam after that sham of a loss to UNC.

Higgins uses his position to influence outcomes and that negatively affects innocent young men.

I hate how some "fans" say it's just a game.

Look at all the hours, days, and years of hard work these coaches and players put in, and then have some lowlife POS take it away from them to reward a fraud ass team like UNC.

Higgins is a thief, pure and damn simple.

I do not agree with the threats at all!

With that said...it's wrong to excuse what Higgins & the African American referee did. Watched the game again today while running on treadmill. Inexcusable!! It was horrendous!! Wasn't just Higgins, he & the other ref I mentioned we're terrible. I didn't realize how Meeks practically molested Bam right in front of a whistle swallowing Higgins. I bet he had 4 obvious fouls in the 1st 10 minutes.

It's not just a game when these kids work harder than most do at their job. Not officiating a game correctly is uncalled for....and they're spoooooo protected no one holds them accountable.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
I hope the 7 get what is coming to them. Threatening a man's life over a BB game, are you serious? Then some poster in this thread says Higgins is a criminal..missing some calls or making bad calls in BB is not a criminal act..what a freakin' idiot..It is a BB game people, get over it..Damn..some of you are beyond stupid..

Cheating is corruption. I'm sure you support the Mafia too.

Hopefully the 7 are prosecuted. Senseless harassment like that is uncalled for. He may be a terrible ref, but he didn't deserve what he got. Hope y'all understand that. Maybe you think it's no big deal. But have you ever been on the receiving end?
Higgins should also be prosecuted. He is no different than someone who shaves points. GO CATS!!

"Polikov did not say where the seven individuals reside or where the two media outlets are based."

So maybe there are 7, and a couple of media outlets, or maybe there isn't. Wasn't any need of bringing it up if you were not going to report the names. This reads like fake news, I doubt we hear another word about it.
If they had concrete proof that it was UK fans, they would have multiple articles bashing the over the top UK fans. Much ado about nothing IMO. Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron faced real threats.

7 was probably all they had left after they sorted through all the threats from rival fans pretending to be UK fans.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half of the seven are trolls masquerading as UK fans.

Very curious to learn the identities of these people and think they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but doubt it will go any further.

Think this is more the local authorities wasted a lot of $$$ on a wild goose chase and finally decided to punt it off to someone else.

Despite the length of the story, we still don't have actual confirmation that anyone threatened Higgins's life. There are a variety of ways to threaten a person without suggesting that you're going to kill him. Early on, the story mentions the death threats, but the new information from law enforcement does nothing to corroborate those claims.

Given that the local prosecutors have decided not to pursue charges, I'd say the evidence is weak. They know that Kentucky authorities won't pursue these cases unless someone did something truly egregious, yet they're handing everything over to them.

Jon is right--Local law enforcement went on a wild goose chase and found nothing of significance. Now they're saving face by acting like they're passing the cases on to other prosecutors. Really, though, there's just not much there.

I hope the 7 get what is coming to them. Threatening a man's life over a BB game, are you serious? Then some poster in this thread says Higgins is a criminal..missing some calls or making bad calls in BB is not a criminal act..what a freakin' idiot..It is a BB game people, get over it..Damn..some of you are beyond stupid..
LOL the irony. Calling people stupid and idiots.

Higgins uses his position to influence outcomes and that negatively affects innocent young men.

Look at all the hours, days, and years of hard work these coaches and players put in, and then have some lowlife POS take it away from them to reward a fraud ass team like UNC.

You need help. Serious, psychiatric help. Not "message board" help. I hope you get it.

Reactions: Da_Bull and UK90

It is just a game. Fox and Bam and the other 5 got what they came for....they're all headed to the league after a year. In the grand scheme of things please tell me what difference it made to their end result? It is just a game. The fans care way more than the players with this farm team program.

It is just a game. Fox and Bam and the other 5 got what they came for....they're all headed to the league after a year. In the grand scheme of things please tell me what difference it made to their end result? It is just a game. The fans care way more than the players with this farm team program.

Feel free to follow another program then.

Ever notice that a lot of the negative posters have their posting history private?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half of the seven are trolls masquerading as UK fans.

Very curious to learn the identities of these people and think they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but doubt it will go any further.

Think this is more the local authorities wasted a lot of $$$ on a wild goose chase and finally decided to punt it off to someone else.

Ok so 3.5 were U.K. Fans? That makes it ok? Those 3.5 are an embarrassment to everyone then.

7 people? That is the result we have come up with after 100 days of "investigating" this matter? 7 unidentified people with no charges----and a passing of the baton----for investigative purposes? This has become a bigger joke than I originally thought!

What amount of time and resources have gone into investigating that bs performance of those officials? UNC? How are those investigations going?

I want to preface my remarks with saying I don't condone serious threats of any kind, but given the status of this "investigation" this almost sounds like a da** joke---and completely misses the mark on the real issue surrounding that game! JMO

Hopefully we get him in the tourney next year. Should work in our favor for a change.

Yep
I remember when Jon Chaney was arrested and had jail time for publicly stating he was going to kick an opossing coach's ass and then threatened to kill him.

Not buying the whole "other fans" bit. We have way too many loons in our fanbase to not make up the seven.

I didn't say they weren't UK fans. Most of them likely are. I'm just saying that it's premature to assume that all seven are UK fans. There's plenty of people looney enough that they'll pose as UK fans just to try to stir things up. Happens every day on this board.

Screenshot_20170327-235245_zpsz7ktnqrf.png

No one should make death threats. However, this all seemed like a beat of the moment type thing. People were frustrated and blowing steam. I never felt like someone from Kentucky was really going to drive halfway across the country to off this clown.

Seems to me that you have to evaluate how serious a threat really is. Now if Higgins starts getting cryptic messages months later, then those deserve attention imo.

We don't know what the seven people threatened. Who they are. Or if they are even U.K. Fans.

ADVERTISEMENT