ADVERTISEMENT

Players Can't Hide You Either

I would love for you to have info that is correct.

Yours is not correct.

I have been supplying info since 1995. I have a history of providing facts.

You dont, and your posts show it.

Why are you so offended by someone telling you that you are wrong on something that is a known fact?

Why are you upset that someone knows more than you on a subject?

I have been around awhile kid and closer to the program than 99% of the folks here. I have sat and argued with Mitch in his office and Sandy in hers.

I have covered UK and the SEC for ESPN, Fox Sports and Clear Channel.

I have sponsored combines and held events at UK.

I helped set up the rivals recruiting network with Dave Telep, worked with Max Emfinger, established the Scout message boards with the original Rivals founders and Bernie Kosar.

I know Tubby and Donna very well, I met Cal when he first arrived in Memphis.

I have 2 sons that are best friends with certain ball players.

Wall, Bledsoe and Boogie and Ppat have been in my house...

I know Miller's family.

I m even tighter on the football side.

And so much more...

There is no agree to disagree. It's not a disgrace that I may know a little more on the personal side of people that i actually do know or am close to those close to them.
Did you just drop the mic?

Reactions: brianpoe
Attitude, no, I'm so sorry of its coming off that way. I'm in awe of you. You're one of the most connected people in UK athletics after all.

Not true, but thats much better.

Start reading more, it isnt hard to figure out who knows what on here.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Not true, but thats much better.

Start reading more, it isnt hard to figure out who knows what on here.
I won't need to read another person after meeting you. I mean, you have the players at your house on the regular for slumber parties and shop talk. Why would I want or need anyone else's insight?

Not sure if you're aware of what a coach does, but it's literally getting players to execute. Pretty weird, uh?
Hmm, I always thought the coach instructed and the players executed. Maybe that's just where I played. You would think if it was that easy a coach should never lose.

I won't need to read another person after meeting you. I mean, you have the players at your house on the regular for slumber parties and shop tall. Why would I want or need anyone else's insight?

The attitude again. I have 2 boys.. both over 6 feet and both over 230... I have no issue correcting them when they act like snotty little girls.

If you feel you cannot self correct yourself i will gladly assist in getting you back in to shape if you need me to...

The attitude again. I have 2 boys.. both over 6 feet and both over 230... I have no issue correcting them when they act like snotty little girls.

If you feel you cannot self correct yourself i will gladly assist in getting you back in to shape if you need me to...
What attitude? I mean you're so in the know, right? Shouldn't you know there is no attitude meant?

I tried to converse with you, even agreed with some of your early posts. But you are almost intolerable.

I'll just talk with the adults. Teenagers get on my nerves way too much.
Aww, don't go!! We need your insight!!

Well looks like Cal and the team has everyone on RR and Hob at each other’s throat. Everyone has an opinion on why where losing games. After reading numerous post it appears that everyone is a little right and a little wrong. I love our coach and team. Hell I love every kid that wants to wear blue and white. I’m proud of our university. I wear my UK gear proudly wherever I go doesn’t matter if we are winning or losing. I’ve been a fan since 1965, and I don’t like losing and neither do you. This year has been very difficult for all of BBN. We all love UK and our basketball and football teams. We expect our basketball team to be great every year, and for the most part Cal has delivered almost every year. I remember the down years we’ve had and thankfully they have been few and far between. Rupp, Hall, Eddie, and Tubby had down years. BG is one I’m still trying to understand. Ricky P was probably the most consistent and best in game coach. I know Cal has kicked his butt in head to head competition, but I think that was because Cal was able to recruit better players. That being said I still would not trade Cal for any other coach we’ve had or anyone coaching today. I agree that Cal has made mistakes. I agree that these kids are different. They don’t give 110% for the entire game. I agree that DIallo is a major major disappointment and shouldn’t start. I agree that every 5* has way under achieved. I love Sha’s Game and heart. I agree that this group has a low basketball IQ. I agree we need Antigua back. I agree we need some new blood like Hardaway. What to do? I don’t want Cal replaced. Who could we get that would be a great coach and recruiter? We can’t replace this years players, until next year. So we’re stuck with what we have, right. Bashing Cal and our team isn’t going to make things better. Oh, it may make some of you feel better, but in the end it’s not productive. End result is you get stressed out and that’s not good. So what is the answer? I choose to believe this team will give us everything they have the rest of the year. This may be wins this may be loses only time will tell. I’ve come to expect a competitive team every year, and yes I’m disappointed so far this year. Life is full of ups and downs and basketball is no different. Everyone just needs to calm down. We all go in attack mode at times and I’m proabably the worst. 99% of the time I just do it to get a rise out of some posters. If I’ve insulted you I apologize. I just love getting a rise out of some poster. Why? Hell I don’t know, but I’m going to stop it. I love anyone that loves UK. We are a special group and UK has the best fans in basketball. Let’s all take a hard look at ourselves and stop all the bashing. I know I’ll be getting some negative quotes and replies. Have at it if it makes you feel better, but remember we’re all BBN fans and we are a very special group.

Reactions: Wildcatclone24
Has Coach Cal made a few mistakes over the years? sure, just like every coach in the nation has at one time or another.

But only one Coach in Kentucky's incredible history has done better than coach Cal, and he has done this with the majority of his players as freshman....

Lol, why don't you articulate a few of these inabilities you think our Hall of Fame head coach has? This should be interesting........

That's easy...
1. Pick N Roll Defense - Why do you switch on every pick and roll that results in one of our bigs guarding their point guard on the perimeter and our point guard having to guard their center in the post?

2. Why do you need to double every time an opposing player catches the ball in the post even when the UK player is 2-3 inches taller?

3. Inbounds Offensive Plays = Why are we the only team in the country who doesn't run set plays? (Knox coming off a double screen for a wide open shot or a back pick to free a UK player)

4. Inbounds Defense = Why don't you go to a zone on inbounds plays to stop layups/dunks we continually give up? (admit this has been better in last game or two, but still an issue)

I'm not even going to get into the terrible offensive sets we continually run.

That's easy...
1. Pick N Roll Defense - Why do you switch on every pick and roll that results in one of our bigs guarding their point guard on the perimeter and our point guard having to guard their center in the post?

2. Why do you need to double every time an opposing player catches the ball in the post even when the UK player is 2-3 inches taller?

3. Inbounds Offensive Plays = Why are we the only team in the country who doesn't run set plays? (Knox coming off a double screen for a wide open shot or a back pick to free a UK player)

4. Inbounds Defense = Why don't you go to a zone on inbounds plays to stop layups/dunks we continually give up? (admit this has been better in last game or two, but still an issue)

I'll agree with the first one. Good pick and roll teams have been an issue of ours with several Cal coached teams. I think the others are more poor execution by this group of players than by coaches.

I think it's fair to say Anthony Davis hid a lot of defensive mistakes. Towns hid a lot of offensive stagnation. MKG's block maybe saved Cal from overseeing a very serious collapse by taking the air out of the ball in the 2012 title game. Harrison and Knight making huge shots saved him from some more scorn. But that's essentially what great players do. I will say this. Cal's system is very vanilla. They have to be easy to prepare for. Is that due to his teams constant youth? Probably. I would like for him to put a little more trust in them and get creative. Make the opponent uncomfortable and have to play at a pace they don't like occasionally. I also think Cal gets caught up in the game too often. It effects his decision making or lack thereof. I think there are several better bench coaches throughout the college game. However there only a couple who can recruit with him. So I can live with that. I do think if Cal would make a few small adjustments to his system he would be nearly unstoppable.

I'll agree with the first one. Good pick and roll teams have been an issue of ours with several Cal coached teams. I think the others are more poor execution by this group of players than by coaches.

On inbounds plays, the fact that you don't run any set plays but rather lob it in bounds or throw it in the back court to just get the ball inbounds is a coaching flaw. You have a chance to put pressure on their defense and can get an easy bucket or draw a foul. The only time Cal ran a set inbounds play as far as I know was against Tennessee at home and Knox got a dunk and a foul for a three point play. Why not run the play again?

He can teach them until they die, he can't do it for them. I know this is a novel concept for you guys, but when a hall of fame coach has a pretty solid track record of success, and he ends up with a below par team of little to no success, logic would indicate it's less likely to be the coaches fault than the players.
You did nothing to refute what I posted.

Congrats you know not of what you speak of.

Lol, why don't you articulate a few of these inabilities you think our Hall of Fame head coach has? This should be interesting........
Ill try - he's stubborn - he says he won't be held hostage by a player( see Diallo)
His teams do not rotate and draw Charges even though he has no shot blockers. He refuses to implement and run inbounds plays yet gets abused by other Coaches in same part of game
His kids do not block out
His offense is void of any big to big picks
He very seldom takes risks so very few blow outs

That's easy...

Ding, ding, ding. This guy knows what he’s watching. Kudos on a great post!

Yours is not correct.

Why are you so offended by someone telling you that you are wrong on something that is a known fact?

I have been around awhile kid and closer to the program than 99% of the folks here. I have sat and argued with Mitch in his office and Sandy in hers.

I helped set up the rivals recruiting network with Dave Telep, worked with Max Emfinger, established the Scout message boards with the original Rivals founders and Bernie Kosar.

I know Miller's family.

And so much more...

There is no agree to disagree. It's not a disgrace that I may know a little more on the personal side of people that i actually do know or am close to those close to them.
Is that you Oscar?

By definition, that’s his job. Find players, coach them up. He makes 8 mil to do just that.
You can coach all day long but you can't play for them. He can teach a kid all there is to know about dribbling a basketball, but once there in the game he can't do it for him.

@theGspot -
Please, give it a rest. You've been owned 19 different times in this thread. You have lost the very small shred of cred you had to begin with. It's over.

Cal supporter - that's great. I admire that. I too support the coach as much as possible. I agree with some of what you said.

But dude, you look foolish. Poe roasted you and it's time to let go.

@brianpoe - booya.

You can coach all day long but you can't play for them. He can teach a kid all there is to know about dribbling a basketball, but once there in the game he can't do it for him.

I’m convinced you don’t know what you’re looking at when you watch a game, and that’s ok. Cheerleading is fine.

@theGspot -
Please, give it a rest. You've been owned 19 different times in this thread. You have lost the very small shred of cred you had to begin with. It's over.

Cal supporter - that's great. I admire that. I too support the coach as much as possible. I agree with some of what you said.

But dude, you look foolish. Poe roasted you and it's time to let go.

@brianpoe - booya.
:joy: the serioussness this board has in some of your lives is hilarious. Owned? Roasted? Cred? :joy:
It's a message board, man. You can take it serious if you want, but I have more important things in life owning me, roasting me and taking my cred. I don't let anonymous posters on a message board control my life like that. It's just fun entertainment for me to have a few laughs during the day.

Lmao, cred on an anonymous message board...:joy:

I’m convinced you don’t know what you’re looking at when you watch a game, and that’s ok. Cheerleading is fine.
Well, I watch them turn it over time and time again. I'm not sure what coach can do other than tie the ball to them. They miss shot after shot and take the dumbest ones imaginable because they refuse to make an extra pass or easy play. Again, is he suppose to go pass it around for them? They miss free throw after free throw, again he can't shoot those for them.
I completely agree he has plenty of things he can get better at from a coaching standpoint, anyone can improve. But, it's far from Coach Cal's fault they can't do the basics, that they don't listen, that their softer than Charmin and that they fall apart at the end of close games. Until they by into the coaching their going to suck. Once they by in to him they'll be successful. I'm not sure what else you realistically expect him to do with that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
crawfords, I don't know about you, since evidently you care, but I could give a $hit less about Duke, or any other program besides UK. Duke losing, or winning doesn't do near as much for me as UK winning, and I don't even like to think of UK losing. I'm not interested when Duke went to the NIT or them winning two NC's while Coach Cal has been at UK.

Nope, still don't know wtf youre talking about. I was merely correcting something. But go ahead. Give me another rambling speech.

But we're always young and inexperienced, right? But a a four game slide late in the season hasn't happened before. All I'm saying is this isn't entirely on the players.

Yes it is. As much fault as Cal has for putting Hami in the game is as much Hami’s fault for sucking all conference season. This team is the worst constructed team we have ever had. Freshman everywhere with sophomores who are worse for replacements.

Reactions: RipThru
We'd have drawn up the same play we ran: SGA getting to the rim. The kid turned it over twice. All you can do is run your most effective play for your best player. Freshmen make mistakes. He made them in big moments. We lost.

Cal took the blame for him, but SGA owned it himself and said it's on him. It is. He messed up. That's how it goes sometimes. He's still our guy in that moment. No one makes them all.

And Cal had to put Diallo back in for a second last night because we have three guards and Quade had just made back to back mistakes on both ends of the court.

At some point, a player has to do something right. If they don't make a shot or get a rebound or if they make a stupid decision or foul, you just lose. That's what's happening to us. We're just not very good.

Hami missed. Gabriel missed. Washington missed and was hit with an awful call. All were good looks drawn up by a magical genie lurking in the stands somewhere.

Our defensive stats are just as strong as always as well. We just shoot horrible and lose so many possessions a game plus three point differential that we can’t make it up anyway but playing perfect.

Yours is not correct.

I know Miller's family.

And so much more...

Do you know Tim Roberson?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT