ADVERTISEMENT

Coach in waiting

Jan 11, 2016
I understand me included, everyone wants Cal gone. When it’s all said and done, it’s is not up to us. That’s just what we want doesn’t mean it will happen. How would everyone feel if the university came out and said Cal is going to Coach two more year. They name Tyler Ulis as the coaching waiting kind of like Duke did. They give Tyler a bigger roll for the next two years and then he takes over when Cal retires. This is just hypothetical, how do you think that would be perceived?

• Wow
Reactions: Smashcat
Three thoughts:
Why would we want Cal "training" our next coach?
The only people who would think that's a good idea are people who know absolutely nothing about basketball.
And,,,why would we want Cal "training" our next coach?
I believe Ulis would be great at teaching the X/O of basketball. I think he could be a good in game Coach as well. I don’t believe that’s the stuff that Cal would need to help him with. Now where Cal can teach him and I don’t care what anybody says he’s the greatest to ever do it. Recruiting and how to manage NIL. Hate Cal all you want but the man knows how to recruit.

Such a strong NO there aren’t words in the English language to adequately describe it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Bad idea.
Oh I agree it would be a horrible idea. Just trying to strike conversation and see how everyone would perceive this if something like this did happen. I don’t think it’s out of the rim of possibilities but not likely.

It's as plausible as some of the names being thrown out as the new coach.

I understand me included, everyone wants Cal gone. When it’s all said and done, it’s is not up to us. That’s just what we want doesn’t mean it will happen. How would everyone feel if the university came out and said Cal is going to Coach two more year. They name Tyler Ulis as the coaching waiting kind of like Duke did. They give Tyler a bigger roll for the next two years and then he takes over when Cal retires. This is just hypothetical, how do you think that would be perceived?
Not happening, Tyler hasn’t even been a head assistant yet. He would need a good 10-15 years of that before he even got a shot at Indiana State type school.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT