ADVERTISEMENT

MJ says big news possibly coming today?

Transfer is my guess. Hope I’m wrong. Hopefully it’s something positive. Lord knows we need some good news.

Wouldn’t completely surprise me for it to be Green or Richards heading out at semester break. Guys have barely been playing lately, Richards is basically out of the rotation, and Green is never gonna play PG at UK.

On his show he's saying things like "out of respect I'll hold off". Wording like that leads me to believe someone is leaving. Maybe an assistant coach or something.

It's a transfer or an arrest....I bet transfer because it's finals week. Or...someone failed.

I'm betting it's Quade if it's a transfer. Baker is cracking the rotation. EJ and Nick have a chance at maybe being drafted, so them sitting out doesn't make sense. Quade may think getting to Nova next Christmas may be better than riding the pine the rest of the year.

Reactions: TriCountyCat
It didn’t seem like it was positive news based on the way Matt was acting. I could be wrong.

Are we sure it's basketball related and not the ever-teased football mystery transfer?
He did. He stated that UK basketball will likely be in the news in the next 24 hours. Did also say it's not for sure. There are still some talks that have to take place but we should know if it happens or not within 24 hours.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
A transfer wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, particular if it's Quade. There's a backlog at his position, he won't be seeing more playing time next season, and we need to cut down our rotation this year. Probably best for both parties.

While I hate to lose any player at Kentucky, a place the desperately needs to keep some continuity, I agree with this.

I haven't liked the look on Green's face all year. Seems that he'd rather be doing anything than playing basketball for UK.

And just generally it's obvious this team is messed up in some way. The whole vibe has been weird after they left the Bahamas. You want to chalk it up to Duke but I thought the exhibition games were funky. Just seems like a team to me that has a bad mix of personalities.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
A transfer wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, particular if it's Quade. There's a backlog at his position, he won't be seeing more playing time next season, and we need to cut down our rotation this year. Probably best for both parties.
I'll never say we don't need someone based on recruits disappointing in the past. If it's attitude and it's hurting the team...then yeah I'm a player leaving.

He did. He stated that UK basketball will likely be in the news in the next 24 hours. Did also say it's not for sure. There are still some talks that have to take place but we should know if it happens or not within 24 hours.

Almost has to be a transfer then. The talks would be the kid and Cal sitting down one last time to hash things out or grant a full release and make the statement together. The timing is the only thing that makes sense.

Anything else, whether it be a firing, or health-related, or scandal-driven somehow, wouldn't be up in the air and wouldn't require any additional talks.

That's sounds bigger than a transfer....

If he is saying UK will be in news for next 24 hours it isn't a transfer leaving or he is way off base... unless it is a major player.

Reactions: westerncat
If he is saying UK will be in news for next 24 hours it isn't a transfer leaving or he is way off base... unless it is a major player.

Specifics are important here. He said in the news over the next 24 hours. Meaning there will be news sometime in the next day.

In the news for the next 24 hours means something that will be talked about all day.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Didn't he said "In the next 24 hours" not "for the next 24 hours"

I can't remember exactly.

While I hate to lose any player at Kentucky, a place the desperately needs to keep some continuity, I agree with this.

I haven't liked the look on Green's face all year. Seems that he'd rather be doing anything than playing basketball for UK.

And just generally it's obvious this team is messed up in some way. The whole vibe has been weird after they left the Bahamas. You want to chalk it up to Duke but I thought the exhibition games were funky. Just seems like a team to me that has a bad mix of personalities.
Yep, easier for guys to blame someone else when reality is they are as good as they thought they were. Tough deal really with so many people counting on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT