ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully Cal is living in the portal

Even if he does hit the portal, he has no ability to evaluate how the pieces of a puzzle need to fit and get guys that make sense schematically for what he’s trying to do. This season was probably as good as he’s done in that regard in the past half decade but he managed to botch the lineups anyway. Most years, he just seems to take whatever moderately or highly rated guys he can find whether they can mesh cohesively as a unit or not. No thought to how a certain player’s skillset can be used alongside another’s.

Even if he does hit the portal, he has no ability to evaluate how the pieces of a puzzle need to fit and get guys that make sense schematically for what he’s trying to do. This season was probably as good as he’s done in that regard in the past half decade but he managed to botch the lineups anyway. Most years, he just seems to take whatever moderately or highly rated guys he can find whether they can mesh cohesively as a unit or not. No thought to how a certain player’s skillset can be used alongside another’s.
He's got to showcase those players for June.

Other than bringing back all his players in the NBA, what team of players can overcome his roster mismanagement and bench coaching? It doesn’t matter who he adds, next year will be no better than this one. We don’t have a player problem, we have a coaching problem.

Reactions: crestcat
Cal needs to tell a number of recruits to change and go elsewhere. Then, he needs a top experienced point guard to be the coach on the floor and get top portal players who have been well coached at their former programs. We need experienced guys who will know what to do and Cal can say "go or fight" and they can secretly laugh. Or, privately give Reed his salary to stay. STFU and let Reed along with Jeff with hand signals make all the in game decisions.

So what has Cal been doing since he humiliated the program in the tourney? What has changed? Been reported he already weaseled Mitch out of changing assts. Not surprising.

Would like to see a weekly update from Calipari on what he's doing to change the dire direction of the program. Not because I want to listen to his BS but to keep the pressure on him. Make him accountable to US, the bennies, every single day. No more hiding in his bunker, no more thinking he is an autonomous GM/coach of a NBA development league. No mas.

Pressure him every single day until he is GONE.

At this point I’m hoping cal strikes out on the portal and we are basically stuck with his 6 freshmen, some walk-ons, and some lowly regarded transfers. Barring a miraculous roster being thrown together I don’t see how we are going to be close to competitive next year and cal deserves to get ran out of town for being as bad as he has been. Let it fully implode on him and hopefully the Rupp faithful will rain boos down on him with every passing game. Make him the laughingstock of basketball (he may be already), expose him for the fraud he is, make him want to run for hills like BG did. I’m not watching next year anyway but will be fun to read about it. Next year really needs to be so bad the UK admin has no choice but to make a change. Sad, and I hate it, but that’s the reality of where we are at.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
At this point I’m hoping cal strikes out on the portal and we are basically stuck with his 6 freshmen, some walk-ons, and some lowly regarded transfers. Barring a miraculous roster being thrown together I don’t see how we are going to be close to competitive next year and cal deserves to get ran out of town for being as bad as he has been. Let it fully implode on him and hopefully the Rupp faithful will rain boos down on him with every passing game. Make him the laughingstock of basketball (he may be already), expose him for the fraud he is, make him want to run for hills like BG did. I’m not watching next year anyway but will be fun to read about it. Next year really needs to be so bad the UK admin has no choice but to make a change. Sad, and I hate it, but that’s the reality of where we are at.
They had no choice this year but Mitch was too spineless to make the call

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT