ADVERTISEMENT

Pilgrim says changes coming to lineup...

I just have to disagree about "the last few games". He was excellent against Vandy, when Burks and Z were also excellent(and mostly the whole team). He wasn't good in any of our other last few games. The Vandy game was the ONLY game this year when Edwards has looked like a good player. We do know what we're seeing, and in Edwards we're seeing a player not good at anything. The high school ratings should no longer matter to anybody at this point. It's the same as a thoroughbred horse; the breeding is important before he's raced but when he's already shown he's a 5k claimer that breeding means squat.
I thought Edwards looked good vs the Zags. once again not to the preseason expectation but as a solid SF and role player.

Reactions: CincinnatiWildcat
Z is way overrated by people on this board. I’d rather have UGO play cause he plays defense.
If Ugo is so good defensively, why did Gonzaga abuse him time after time after time after time too? A blocked shot here and there still doesnt mean you are a great defensive player. I would say if you broke it down to blocks per minute, Z would be right there with him. At least Z is a threat to score, will pass out of the post and doesnt clog the lane with 5 out. Just my thoughts, as you can tell I am a big Z fan. LOL

Don't shoot the messenger...just stating what I read.

Calipari is now committed to small ball lineup.

Rotation will go to 8 man and only 9 if needed.

DJ
Shep
Rob
Reeves
Mitchell
Thiero
Edwards
Ugo

Says the change is coming even if it breaks some hearts or rubs some people in basketball world the wrong way.
How in the hell would 1 be Ugo? He's our worse big.

Take Ugo and Edwards away from Cal and we might have a chance.

It matters to a certain extent what lineups are. If the kids are not debriefed on how to play against certain defenses or understand their opponent, or play defense. You need both. We don't have a coach who gives a sh!t refuses to make offensive and defensive adjustments in game and can't coach at all.

I would love us to get back to small ball, but Cal insists on 7 footers even if they're bad.

Seeing Mitchell at the 5 would shock me tonight.

He probably meant Vandy, the only game where Burks got significant minutes; we all misspeak at times. Well, not me, but the rest of you.
Burks played over 10 minutes 8 times this season. Mostly during November and December games but he got run early before Bradhsaw and UGO were back.

Ole Miss has a 7-5 guy....why not see if he can guard Z in the pick and pop with Reed or Dilly? Get him away from the basket.

Dave Baker said the team is shooting the ball in warmups better than he’s seen. Even Edwards. We shall see if it carries over to the game.🤔

Players using remaining eligibility.
Kat
Davis
Booker
Murray
Fox.

If we could finish the season with that line up, I swear, even with Cal coaching we’d make it to the second round.

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
Z is way overrated by people on this board. I’d rather have UGO play cause he plays defense.

Ugo is awful defensively. His awareness is comically bad. Had a nice game tonight obviously but when the competition is ramped up he's just as useless as our other bigs defensively, if not moreso.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT