ADVERTISEMENT

MJ says big news possibly coming today?

Yeah, Green has been a disappointment this year, but I do like that he isn't afraid to take shots. Drives me crazy how much Hagans passes up wide-open shots . Sucks that AH is probably the best option for PG, but he's probably our worst shooter, so they can play off him.

I feel like if it was MAJOR news like sanctions related...Matt would report it and wouldn't want someone else to scoop it.

If it was an arrest...it would be out by now?

He said out of respect...so it's an inside info thing he has...something no one else could probably know

Hopefully it's just green transferring, which I suspect. Because the tone sounds ominous and the notion we will be in the news the next 24 hours also sounds equally ominous. We don't need anymore hits right now.

A bad possible scenario could be we're going to find out hagans took agent money. He was on that agents list of prospects.

I feel like if it was MAJOR news like sanctions related...Matt would report it and wouldn't want someone else to scoop it.

If it was an arrest...it would be out by now?

He said out of respect...so it's an inside info thing he has...something no one else could probably know

Couldn't be sanctions, when we aren't being investigated for anything.

Reactions: jace2012
Green taking shots isn't a problem. He's made 42% of his 3s this season and right now one of our only reliable options from deep (no I don't think PJ is gonna continue his 50%+ rate)

Green's problem is he has been an absolute turnover machine.
His turnover rate % is 31.3
Hagans is 35.6

Those numbers are just awful. You can't be on the court when u are consistently turning it over like that.

He has talked about the team a lot today. He's mentioned Quade a lot as a contributor. I wonder if PJ is injured? He hasn't brought up PJ but talked a lot about Reid.

PJ being injured would be MAJOR!

Yeah...maybe self reporting would be the only thing

But major means it affects the team currently....injury or transfer. Which injury could be why he doesn't release it...medical news is confidential.
It won't be sanctions related. Sactions will take place with or without discussions. Whatever Matt is talking about it sounds like someone is still trying to decide something.

It is funny how everyone thinks it is Green transferring and what is crazier is how people think this is good news . That would be horrible news.

I won't go so far as to say it's "good news," but it's become clear that Quade Green is not a high-major basketball player.

Too small, not fast enough, can't play through contact. You can try to project him out and think about him in his twenties, but having seen him in person I would say he probably stands 5'9". That's a major problem unless you're a burner.

But aside from all this, the kid looks miserable. There were reasons we heard all that stuff this past summer about him wanting to leave.

I won't go so far as to say it's "good news," but it's become clear that Quade Green is not a high-major basketball player.

Too small, not fast enough, can't play through contact. You can try to project him out and think about him in his twenties, but having seen him in person I would say he probably stands 5'9". That's a major problem unless you're a burner.

But aside from all this, the kid looks miserable. There were reasons we heard all that stuff this past summer about him wanting to leave.
I can see him transferring to Michigan, averaging 15 points a game, and helping lead them to a FF. Seems like you should be able to develop the kid and maximize his strengths.

If it is Quade, I’ll say this

I always hate to see a kid transfer but Quades body language has not been good at all. He wants to be a point guard and unfortunately, it just hasn’t worked out for him at UK..he shoots it fine but makes bad decisions with the ball in his hands and isn’t very tall to shoot over anyone. Would hate to see him go but shortening the rotation may be beneficial for the team.

If it is Quade, I’ll say this

I always hate to see a kid transfer but Quades body language has not been good at all. He wants to be a point guard and unfortunately, it just hasn’t worked out for him at UK..he shoots it fine but makes bad decisions with the ball in his hands and isn’t very tall to shoot over anyone. Would hate to see him go but shortening the rotation may be beneficial for the team.

Wonder if Cal took him only because he thought it would help get Bamba.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
I can see him transferring to Michigan, averaging 15 points a game, and helping lead them to a FF. Seems like you should be able to develop the kid and maximize his strengths.

Maybe, but the difference in Quade and Matthews is that Charles Matthews has a body designed for the sport. Quade not so much.

What Quade does have is a kind of bulldog intensity. Problem is, we haven't seen that much this year because he seems baffled as to what his role should be. Sometimes he's a distributor, sometimes a shooter, sometimes he's just kind of out there. He's a role player without a defined role, and you can kind of tell he's laboring.

I loved him in high school because I like those tough northeast kids. But Quade has some things working against him.

Maybe, but the difference in Quade and Matthews is that Charles Matthews has a body designed for the sport. Quade not so much.

What Quade does have is a kind of bulldog intensity. Problem is, we haven't seen that much this year because he seems baffled as to what his role should be. Sometimes he's a distributor, sometimes a shooter, sometimes he's just kind of out there. He's a role player without a defined role, and you can kind of tell he's laboring.

I loved him in high school because I like those tough northeast kids. But Quade has some things working against him.
Charles also had a full year to regroup and train. He was also playing behind Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, and even a junior Hawkins here...just wasn't ready as a freshman..saw Monk and Fox coming...needed to leave.

My god we are the best at drastically over reacting. If Quade leaves it isnt good news but it also isnt horrible news. If he leaves good for him, but it isnt a huge difference maker.

The amount of transfers, decommits, and early departures is becoming pretty friggin crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT