ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Season Prediction

Tell PHCard to bite me and nice D yesterday, Can you let us score over 50 also?
Only if UK throws more than 10 times lol, we knew the D would still struggle as Petrino wasn’t know for recruiting defensive players. Still Bette Than last year as we have only given up 50 or more twice compared to 7 times last year.

2 both in the Big East when it was part of the BCS and none in the ACC in the five years of being in the conference.

UK has had 3 season of 10 or more wins since 1912.
You don't know what Power 5 means, do you? The big east was not a P5 conference.

While in a P5 conference, U6 has NEVER won 10 games. Not once. Not ever. Nada.

You don't have to like it, but, the fact is, UK did something last year that U6 has never done...and may never do. Big East, AAC, Conference USA, Independent...P5's a little different challenge, huh?

Last edited:
You don't know what Power 5 means, do you? The big east was not a P5 conference.

While in a P5 conference, U6 has NEVER won 10 games. Not once. Not ever. Nada.

You don't have to like it, but, the fact is, UK did something last year that U6 has never done...and may never do. Big East, AAC, Conference USA, Independent...P5's a little different challenge, huh?
Yeah I know what the term P5 means but the BCS was pretty much the same thing. But since the term of P5 is only what in its 5th year, but congrats UK won 10 games last year and still didn’t make it to play in a New Years 6 Bowl.

Of course I could go back and say that UK never won or played in a BCS Bowl.

Reactions: fredburgcard
2 both in the Big East when it was part of the BCS and none in the ACC in the five years of being in the conference.

UK has had 3 season of 10 or more wins since 1912.
Big LEAST doesn't count partner.

You all won 10 games and made a BCS bowl in 2012 without playing a SINGLE ranked team.

Kentucky played 5 teams that ended the regular season or bowl season ranked.

Florida, Georgia, Miss State, Missouri, Penn State. Went 4-1 in those games. But guys over on your board claim we played in a historically weak SEC East LOL.The SEC East is stronger than the ACC as a whole.

I know it's an age of absolutism but a lot of what i'm reading is true (differing sides can still both have grains of truth):

-UL has had a better football team than UK more often than not in the 2000s (or if you want to go back to the time the series was renewed).
-UL's golden age has been the last ten years.
-UL has very few great wins during it's golden age of football.
-UK has more great wins than UL has during UL's golden age of football.
-the ACC is a better conference than any conference UL has ever been affiliated with.
-The ACC is by far the worst P5 conference and it shows by ULs quick resurgence after a horrible 2018 (UL fans will point to the genius of Scott Satterthorpe, but weekly competition or lack thereof is the bigger factor).
-UK has a better football program than UL at the moment
-UK is recruiting at a higher level than UL
-Most UK fans expected UL to suck. UL is much better than most of us expected (and if they're being honest, they're better than most UL fans expected). Part of this is a bad schedule, but there's no question that UL is just better than they were last year.
-UL would have a worse record if they played in a better conference, but they don't, so it's a moot point.
-UK should have had an 8-win season, but we blew it b/c A) injury bad luck and B ) coaching blunders (namely against UF and UT). Hopefully, we can still salvage 7-5, but it's no given.

Reactions: Riddle-me-this
I know it's an age of absolutism but a lot of what i'm reading is true (differing sides can still both have grains of truth):

-UL has had a better football team than UK more often than not in the 2000s (or if you want to go back to the time the series was renewed).
-the ACC is a better conference than any conference UL has ever been affiliated with.
-The ACC is by far the worst P5 conference and it shows by ULs quick resurgence after a horrible 2018 (UL fans will point to the genius of Scott Satterthorpe, but weekly competition or lack thereof is the bigger factor).
-Most UK fans expected UL to suck. UL is much better than most of us expected (and if they're being honest, they're better than most UL fans expected). Part of this is a bad schedule, but there's no question that UL is just better than they were last year.
-UL would have a worse record if they played in a better conference, but they don't, so it's a moot point.
-UK should have had an 8-win season, but we blew it b/c A) injury bad luck and B ) coaching blunders (namely against UF and UT). Hopefully, we can still salvage 7-5, but it's no given.
I'll say that Satterthorpe has gotten them confident...but the real key to their season is Ledford that came from NC State. I think he got that line and offense more disciplined and that made the difference in some games. Bobby did have some talented skill players...but the scheme was undisciplined and the line was awful. NC State has had a HUGE drop-off with Ledford leaving.

The defense is still hot garbage.

Reactions: RocknRollCats

Good post. I readily acknowledge that U6 has a much better football team this year than I expected...and I do like CSS long-term. Good hire.

As long as the Cats get the job done on 11/30, all of this back and forth will be moot for another year.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Good post. I readily acknowledge that U6 has a much better football team this year than I expected...and I do like CSS long-term. Good hire.

As long as the Cats get the job done on 11/30, all of this back and forth will be moot for another year.
If we win this year....we won't lose next year with our STACKED defense and an actual healthy QB behind center.

Win this year it's now 3/4...then next year it's 4/5 and 3 straight.

Reactions: RocknRollCats
Yeah I know what the term P5 means but the BCS was pretty much the same thing. But since the term of P5 is only what in its 5th year, but congrats UK won 10 games last year and still didn’t make it to play in a New Years 6 Bowl.

Of course I could go back and say that UK never won or played in a BCS Bowl.

I have said all year that the Cards will wear down this year. I think they had attrition of something like 22 kids leave the program. It is bound to happen as the year wears on and injuries mount in a tough game. Also Petrino left the cards no favors on the Defensive side of the ball and a thin Oline that is getting beat up. However, they have some impressive speed and an impressive play caller and they play very hard. IF we dont find a way to move the football and possibly even throw it a little we could lose this game.

I never at the beginning of the season would have thought this possible, but its going to be a war.

Reactions: Soupbean
I have said all year that the Cards will wear down this year. I think they had attrition of something like 22 kids leave the program. It is bound to happen as the year wears on and injuries mount in a tough game. Also Petrino left the cards no favors on the Defensive side of the ball and a thin Oline that is getting beat up. However, they have some impressive speed and an impressive play caller and they play very hard. IF we dont find a way to move the football and possibly even throw it a little we could lose this game.

I never at the beginning of the season would have thought this possible, but its going to be a war.
We can hold them under 20 and I don't think they can hold us under 20....They just lost their best O-Lineman...they are wearing down. If they lose next week the pressure will start to mount.

Tennessee's offense is more talented than U6's and we held them under 20. Those 2 wideouts for UT are monsters and killed us on 2 drives that made the difference...heck they made UGA and Alabama work hard.

Even if Lynn is QB....I see our line just pushing those little red cream puffs up and down the field. Eating clock and eating their depth.

Yeah, the Cards might have peaked with the most recent beat down as a result of wearing thin in a 12 game season.

They played their FCS opponent early, padding their record and stats.

Last edited:
HOPTOWN.. im holding you to that! ha I hope you are right
Well it all does depend on where they are coming into the game too...

If they coast to 2 straight wins...maybe they're playing with great energy. They have 2 tough losses...beat up with injuries and lack of depth....slaughtering time.

Beating Vandy by a wide margin and then a rest against UT Martin...I think will have our guys re-energized. I think Gran will have a good game-plan against the Cards...granted their D is so bad you don't need a gameplan.

Reactions: BLUEDOUG46
Yeah, the Cards might have peaked with the most recent beat down as a result of wearing thin in a 12 game season.

They played their FCS opponent early, padding their record and stats.
excuse me have you ever heard of toledo? eastern michigan? you started 2-0 against those jokes. you should gets some knowledge before you post. makes you look foolish to call a team out when your team did the exact same thing.

as for padding stats as you say, Louisville beat virginia and wake forest, both top 25 teams. Lost at home to Notre Dame, top 5 at the time. Lost to FSU on the road. Lost to Miami on the Road. Lost at Home to #2 Clemson.

uk has lost to tennessee (embarrassing in every way), and only beaten hapless arkansas who just fired their coach, south carolina which sucks, and missouri which no one thinks is good. so i wouldn't brag on your teams accomplishments. fact is louisville should scare the crap out of you because we have the potential to put 40 up at any time, you guys don't. you are lucky to get 24 which you got at arkansas and 29 vs missouri. otherwise you've not scored 20 in a game vs fbs opponents.

Our #1 qb is out, and our #2 has been hurt every game. and #3 qb is a freshman. If you think louisville has padded their stats with fcs, you're just trying to convince yourself your team has a chance against us. but i doubt it. but good luck to both teams, what a weird year for both fan bases.

excuse me have you ever heard of toledo? eastern michigan? you started 2-0 against those jokes. you should gets some knowledge before you post. makes you look foolish to call a team out when your team did the exact same thing.

as for padding stats as you say, Louisville beat virginia and wake forest, both top 25 teams. Lost at home to Notre Dame, top 5 at the time. Lost to FSU on the road. Lost to Miami on the Road. Lost at Home to #2 Clemson.

uk has lost to tennessee (embarrassing in every way), and only beaten hapless arkansas who just fired their coach, south carolina which sucks, and missouri which no one thinks is good. so i wouldn't brag on your teams accomplishments. fact is louisville should scare the crap out of you because we have the potential to put 40 up at any time, you guys don't. you are lucky to get 24 which you got at arkansas and 29 vs missouri. otherwise you've not scored 20 in a game vs fbs opponents.

Our #1 qb is out, and our #2 has been hurt every game. and #3 qb is a freshman. If you think louisville has padded their stats with fcs, you're just trying to convince yourself your team has a chance against us. but i doubt it. but good luck to both teams, what a weird year for both fan bases.

HEY EINSTEIN- #1- Pretty strong talk on OUR BOARD when your mods don’t let us say sh*t on your non board. #2- We lost to South Carolina so that should really make you feel big since you stated that we beat them. Just thought you may want to get your facts straight. #3- Your team stinks. I hope we kick your ass again and as bad as we’ve played this year I still think we’ll drag you. #4- You post like a typical UL fan...., terrible. GBB.

you should gets some knowledge before you post.

I done gots some.

Toledo and Eastern Michigan are FBS, not FCS.

Can you actually name the FCS opponent the Cards beat? Here’s a hint my learned friend, it starts with “Eastern” and ends with “Kentucky.”

Do you even know what FCS and FBS stand for?

I’ll give you a break: Google it and then you will have gots some knowledge before you post, again!

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
But since the term of P5 is only what in its 5th year,

Hey, Card19701, I gots some info for you too!

So you think the term “Power 5,” started the very year U of L joined the ACC?

“The term "Power Five" is not defined by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and the origin of the term is unknown. It has been used in its current meaning since at least 2006.[1]” Wikipedia!

Prior to that U of L and other G5 teams were typically called mid-major.

You guys really need to run your ish passed a real U of L football fan before making yourselves look foolish, here.

May I suggest PushupMan?

He understands that football has a history, and he actually knows a lot about it!

“The term "Power Five" is not defined by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and the origin of the term is unknown. It has been used in its current meaning since at least 2006.[1]” Wikipedia!

You guys really need to run your ish passed a real U of L football fan before making yourselves look foolish, here.

May I suggest PushupMan?

He understands that football has a history, and he actually knows a lot about it!
U of L and UK have a FB history. G5, Power 5, Powerade, what difference does it make when there is a a head to head record to look at?

U of L and UK have a FB history. G5, Power 5, Powerade, what difference does it make when there is a a head to head record to look at?

You might ask your Card partners who are willingly, and very poorly arguing in this thread.

May I suggest PushupMan?

Yes I am well aware of what people called the Big East and yes it was the weakest of the BCS conferences. However that doesn’t change the fact that Louisville went to two BCS Bowls and won both.

As far as the ACC being the weakest of the P5, well The PAC 12 isn’t really much better than the ACC. Both have two teams ranked, the PAC 12 has 4 teams currently above .500 and the ACC currently has 7 teams above .500.

Now to dip into a reply you had to someone else, you say UofL padded their stats by playing an FCS team early in the year. Does it really matter when you play an FCS team ? So I guess I could say UK is padding their win total late in the season by playing an FCS team.

Does it really matter when you play an FCS team ?

When doing mid-season comparisons, yes.

I have a thread up showing us in the Top 30 of scoring defense through 9 games, and the fact that 3/4’s of teams have played their FCS opponent is relevant.

The Cards blanked EKU early, as we likely will UT Martin. Statistically in both wins and losses and comparative statistics of all kinds it is relevant, now. In January, not so much!

Did the ACC move up to FBS this year or are they still at FCS level behind Clemson?

May I suggest PushupMan?

The article referenced in that footnote in the Wiki entry that used the term Power5 was really well-written. It was primarily about how the Big East’s undefeated trio of #3 West Virginia, #5 Louisville, and #12 Rutgers were making the first serious threat to get a team into the BCS championship game. Of course, the situation resolved itself when UofL beat WVU but then lost to Rutgers. Rutgers then lost a couple of road games at Cincinnati and at WVU to give the Orange Bowl bid back to Louisville....

#2 Florida (with one loss) went on to win the SEC that year and whipped #1 Ohio State for the BCS title. I think it’s no mistake that the Power5 then made sure to absorb TCU, Rutgers, Louisville and WVU, as well as expand to a 4-team playoff so that it would be very hard for any team outside the Power5 to bump a worthy P5 champion out.

The Cards were very good that year. No telling just how dominant we might have been had Michael Bush not broken his leg against UK in the opener.

The article that used the term Power5 was really well-written. It was primarily about how the Big East’s undefeated trio of #3 West Virginia, #5 Louisville, and #12 Rutgers were making the first serious threat to get a team into the BCS championship game. Of course, the situation resolved itself when UofL beat WVU but then lost to Rutgers. Rutgers then lost a couple of road games at Cincinnati and at WVU to give the Orange Bowl bid back to Louisville....

#2 Florida went on to win the SEC that year and whipped #1 Ohio State for the BCS title. I think it’s no mistake that the Power5 then made sure to absorb TCU, Rutgers, Louisville and WVU, as well as expand to a 4-team playoff so that it would be very hard for any team outside the Power5 to bump a worthy P5 champion out.

The Cards were very good that year. No telling just how dominant we might have been had Michael Bush not broken his leg against UK in the opener.
I will say, 2006 Big East was a strong conference with some good teams. 2007 and on it was the Big Least...but UofL was strong in 2006...plus Rutgers and WVU.

Reactions: PushupMan

Stoops lost to South Carolina this year by 17. The same team that lost to Appalachian State at home...

We can hold them under 20 and I don't think they can hold us under 20....They just lost their best O-Lineman...they are wearing down. If they lose next week the pressure will start to mount.

Tennessee's offense is more talented than U6's and we held them under 20. Those 2 wideouts for UT are monsters and killed us on 2 drives that made the difference...heck they made UGA and Alabama work hard.

Even if Lynn is QB....I see our line just pushing those little red cream puffs up and down the field. Eating clock and eating their depth.
Louisville has scored more than 20 on better defenses than UK’s. In terms of total defense Louisville has already played 5 teams with a better than UK’s defense and we are 2-3 in those games. If Hawkins stays healthy he will be a 1,000 yard rusher by the UK game (he is at 978 now).

I think Louisville wins the next two and goes into the UK game at 7-4.

Stoops lost to South Carolina this year by 17. The same team that lost to Appalachian State at home...
Mods dont block these dumbasses like PHCard but South Carolina also lost to Missouri who Kentucky trashed. These head to head games arent relative.

Louisville has scored more than 20 on better defenses than UK’s. In terms of total defense Louisville has already played 5 teams with a better than UK’s defense and we are 2-3 in those games. If Hawkins stays healthy he will be a 1,000 yard rusher by the UK game (he is at 978 now).

Kentucky is currently the 26th ranked defense. Louisville has played 3 top 50 defenses (LOL) and is 1-2 in those games with the 1 win coming to 43rd ranked Virginia.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2019-ratings.html#ratings::7

App State is ranked and a balanced team. A really good team. But...App. State has nothing to do with the Governor's Cup other than their coach was there last year.

Louisville, although coached by the previous coach of App State, is not App. State sadly. Maybe he'll build them up in a few years to be that way? But in 2019, none of App State's players are allowed to play on U6's roster on that weekend.

If we want to go you lost to a team who lost to...

Louisville just got embarrassed...blown out....a** kicked....by Miami. Miami who just recently lost to a 2-7 Georgia Tech team that lost to The Citadel earlier this season...only scored 21 points on the Ga. Tech team. (Didn't you guys give up 50+ to them, oh my).

USCjr losing to a ranked App State...not ideal but USCjr. has multiple NFL players and would probably blow U6 out of the water.

Reactions: The-Hack

Becton being hurt changes things, but....

I agree you guys should win the next 2 games. NC State has collapsed without Ledford...I think he's the key to your success and enjoy him before he gets a HC job.

Cuse may pose some trouble...they run a weird offense and will put up some points. Can you guys outscore them, probably, but bet the over.

But letting 1 loss turn to 2 losses can happen when rebuilding. UK in 2014 and 2015 just choked down the stretch...granted against brutal schedules those years...but they let 1 loss turn to 4-5 in a row and the depth issues started to show.

And we both end the season at 7-5 which is disappointing to UK fans and joyous for U6.

Reactions: ryanbruner
Again those are just raw numbers lol. I sent you something that computes total defense and SOS to create a rating. Kentucky has also allowed the least amount of pass Tds in the country as well. In the last 5 games Kentucky has held its opponent under 300 total yards. Kentucky also leads the country in consecutive games of holding its opponent under 30.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Well according to your link Louisville has played 5 top 50 defenses and is still 2-3 against those 5.

#2 Clemson
#12 Notre Dame
#20 Miami
#43 Virginia
#45 WKU

I forgot you all played WKU. Regardless you said there are 5 defenses better than Kentucky and there aren't. Against the 3 teams ahead of Kentucky Louisville averaged about 19 PPG. Kentucky has the advantage in the trenches and Louisville has the speed advantage. Its a game that could go either way but one team forces you to play into their hand (Kentucky) so if Louisville gets caught in a game where kentucky possesses the ball 41 of the 58 minutes like they did saturday Louisville will struggle because their entire offense is built around the splash play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT