ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew to UL?

UofL fans, I'll say it again...hire the Calipari slayer.

iu

You're welcome...

Every time he has been asked about an injury in the last 15 years. His only reply EVER is I haven’t seen him. You actually believe he hasn’t seen his own player. OK.
No. It’s just his way of saying he’s not going to say publicly.

But if you want to call it a lie to have a good ole hate then carry on.

But you are correct. Cal would never try to embarrass a player like Payne did.

Baylor can and will match Louisville offer. Lack of state income tax is significant when looking at 3 million dollars a year.

Who cares. Every team plays some games that don't matter. Some years they will be better then others.
All I know it is better for all for it to be a good game. I know the fans that live closest to Louisville have to put up with a bunch of crap but heck in bad years they have to as well. If UofL ties their cleats correctly in the preseason work outs or high tops the same they are going to be world beaters. It is what it is.

Louisville is not a big time program anymore, and I’m not sure they ever were outside of Crum’s 80’ run. They are in a uniquely bad spot today.

1. Dark cloud. Overshadowed by the biggest fan base in the sport. Their own city is basically owned by UK fans. Nationally they don’t gain much traction.

2. Conference realignment. The ACC today is not the ACC when they joined, and it might not even be a power conference in the end. They have no chance at a major conference picking them up again, as UK owns the market.

3. They haven’t won in years, and are seen as a laughing stock across basketball.

Pitino taking that job, the ACC taking their school, and Jurich’s win at all cost mentality made it appear it was better job than it is. They did a good job building a mansion, but make no mistake, it is built upon sand. I’ve always believed had Pitino not been foolish and taken that job, Louisville would have died out 25 years ago. It was Pitino that elevated that job, unlike UK, which elevates its coaches, and that’s the kind of place Drew would want. Louisville isn’t even a show in its own town..

Can anyone name a top 10 program in college basketball where you might not even have majority support in your own city? Why would a coach like Drew want that?

Last edited:
No. It’s just his way of saying he’s not going to say publicly.

But if you want to call it a lie to have a good ole hate then carry on.

But you are correct. Cal would never try to embarrass a player like Payne did.
I agree he would never embarrass a player. I’m not a Cal hater but I am a realist. Cal looks down at the fans as if they have no right to question his policies and decisions. I think they do.

over their careers ........ true, the last 5 years ...no. Cal with his most talent ever has 8 losses right now... this entire season is absolute proof Cal isnt capable of doing what he did a decade ago.

Can't disagree with that but my reference is to the coach and person. Drew is a loser. I gave examples earlier. He won't ever be considered here.

over their careers ........ true, the last 5 years ...no. Cal with his most talent ever has 8 losses right now... this entire season is absolute proof Cal isnt capable of doing what he did a decade ago.
Cal has his opportunity this month to change the narrative. I doubt he does, but he has the roster to do it.

Drew may be very content "only making" $6m a year in Waco. They probably have kids and maybe even grandkids. If all those offspring settle in TX, he and his wife may just want to "slum it" in Waco and be close to the kids. I've been on the Baylor campus several times when I lived in TX... is a very beautiful campus. Lots of upgrades there the last decade....Much nicer than Texas University campus in Austin.. And Waco is kid of like Lexington.. Good quality of life. Not a big city... but you can get to Dallas or Austin like we can get to Cincy or nashville.

Let Drew tour Louisville & watch the local news on all the shootings. He will be on the next plane out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT