ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew to UL?

Yeah I mean most seem to get this but the Cal sucks crew sure don't . Drew isn't a bad coach by any means but he is not better then Cal. But he won't go to UL thats a big step down. Baylor is a top 15 program these days . UL has only been that in the 2010-2014 era and the late 70's to late 80's .
So he coaches a team to top 15 program but is a step down to a guy that hasn’t won a NCAA tourney game in years? Got it, thanks for sharing Ellen.

While I agree he isn’t a big enough step up from Cal to be offered, he is definitely comparable without all that other political crap and name on the back crap Cal spews.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Went over to the Baylon board and there is nothing mentioned to Drew leaving. I think it is all BS by UL fans.

Reactions: Cats192
I don't see the appeal of UL for any successful coach. It's been a long time since the 80s. Louisville has struggled to be relevant for decades.
Any big coach also knows that they’d always be second fiddle in their own state and no hotshot wants that. UL has to hit a home run w an up and comer making the leap to top 15 basketball. Any established top 5 coach saw Pitino try and fail to turn this state red. If RP, who was universally loved by this state (pre UL run), couldn’t make the state Red even when we were suffering through a decade long F4 drought w Tubby and 2 atrocious Billy G years….then nobody can

Kenny is making excellent progress. More than doubled the win total.
Bringing in the right recruits.
This is a 4 year turn around.
He needs an extension
But Kenny is so dumb he tells the truth. lol. Who does that? Kenny leveled with the media that a kid refused to play without his tights. Could you imagine Cal telling fans the truth? That’s stupid. He Gone.

Any big coach also knows that they’d always be second fiddle in their own state and no hotshot wants that. UL has to hit a home run w an up and comer making the leap to top 15 basketball. Any established top 5 coach saw Pitino try and fail to turn this state red. If RP, who was universally loved by this state (pre UL run), couldn’t make the state Red even when we were suffering through a decade long F4 drought w Tubby and 2 atrocious Billy G years….then nobody can

GP

His 2.7 million salary at Baylor is surprisingly low for a coach that has won a title. KP is making 3.3 million.
If money motivates him he could probably get 4 million from U of L.
His salary in 2023 was $3.7 million, and he received a $1.7 million bonus when he signed his latest contract in 2021, so he made over $5 million that year. If he solicited offers from other schools, he could probably find a better one, but I’m confident Baylor has the resources and will to match anything serious that comes his way.

It’s also worth remembering that an established coaching position is more than a job; it takes years to build that kind of credibility and relationship with the institution. Guys like Drew aren’t going to blow that up and uproot their families just to try to increase their paycheck from $4 million to $5 million by hopefully rescuing a dumpster fire on a timeline set by the dumpster fire’s fans.

In short - I would be truly shocked if this happened.

His salary in 2023 was $3.7 million, and he received a $1.7 million bonus when he signed his latest contract in 2021, so he made over $5 million that year. If he solicited offers from other schools, he could probably find a better one, but I’m confident Baylor has the resources and will to match anything serious that comes his way.

It’s also worth remembering that an established coaching position is more than a job; it takes years to build that kind of credibility and relationship with the institution. Guys like Drew aren’t going to blow that up and uproot their families just to try to increase their paycheck from $4 million to $5 million by hopefully rescuing a dumpster fire on a timeline set by the dumpster fire’s fans.

In short - I would be truly shocked if this happened.

GP

We need UofL to turn it around at some point. It is 1 game a year against us and we have dominated for the most part year in and out. But it is better for NCAA if we are a rival game again like Duke UNC game.

Take the Baylor boy and lets see what happens.
No

But Kenny is so dumb he tells the truth. lol. Who does that? Kenny leveled with the media that a kid refused to play without his tights. Could you imagine Cal telling fans the truth? That’s stupid. He Gone.
Can you name one time that Cal has ever lied to you?

Well the funny part is all the moronic UofSmell fans that think a top tier coach would actually want to come to that commuter school by the Ohio River LMAO

So I keep it cordial and you act like an ass. Take care ass.
Dude you were snarky as you could be. I tried to discuss with you but you were snarky a second time. You acted like you couldn’t even dignify me with a proper response.

I can be snarky too. You got what you got

Can you name one time that Cal has ever lied to you?
Every time he has been asked about an injury in the last 15 years. His only reply EVER is I haven’t seen him. You actually believe he hasn’t seen his own player. OK.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Aside from Sweaty Bruce turning 64 in a few days, he's a proven cheater and a snitch.
Sounds like Calipari when we hired him . Except Pearl only had a cookout where as Calipari already had 1 final four vacated with another to come . As for being a snitch, I loved it when things came out about UNCheat, Kansas, and Duke .

Dude you were snarky as you could be. I tried to discuss with you but you were snarky a second time. You acted like you couldn’t even dignify me with a proper response.

I can be snarky too. You got what you got

Snarky? Nah, you're an ass.

I don’t know if ul even has the money for it. They are still paying buy outs to multiple people and then you’d have to add in KP’s buyout.
Additionally,,
Yum is a financial time bomb . Metro Louisville pays 11 million a year , State loses tax money because it is a special tax incentive (TIF) district. It has already been refinanced and UL had to pay an extra two million a year.

However, due to financial irresponsibility yum has only being paying interest . They owe as much on the principal today as they did the day it was opened . The principal has to start being paid in 2025 I believe and all hell will break loose as they once again ask the taxpayers to bail them out .

about seventy percent of their so called revenue Is actually not real revenue but is taxpayer funds state or local. It cannot be fixed without UL paying much more than what they are now.

Snarky? Nah, you're an ass.
It’s hilarious that you think you’re the hero and I the villain in our exchange. Lol.

If you can’t take it or your skin is too thin then maybe you shouldn’t dish it out. But we don’t need to hijack this thread any more. Go ahead and get the last word if you need it

Sounds like Calipari when we hired him . Except Pearl only had a cookout where as Calipari already had 1 final four vacated with another to come . As for being a snitch, I loved it when things came out about UNCheat, Kansas, and Duke .
Except that Cal has never been sanctioned by the NCAA. Brucie? He got a three year show cause. As for him being a snitch? Are you good with Brucie secretly recording a conversation with a recruit and turning it in, trying to get an opposing coach in trouble? Just a cookout? Nah, there was more to it. For one, encouraging the recruit and his parents to lie to NCAA investigators about it. Then Pearl, being the narcissistic cheater that he is, lied through his teeth to investigators as well, even when they presented photographic evidence. Even after that mess, Pearl had the hubris to commit some other minor violations during the no contact rule, and also attempted to cover up the drug test results of at least one UT player. One of my favorite things about Pearl v Cal was when a UT fan coworker of mine smugly asked me when we hired Cal, how long it would take for Cal to put us on probation. You better believe I never let him forget that one, not even today. As for me, I wouldn't hire Pearl to wash my truck.

Except that Cal has never been sanctioned by the NCAA. Brucie? He got a three year show cause. As for him being a snitch? Are you good with Brucie secretly recording a conversation with a recruit and turning it in, trying to get an opposing coach in trouble? Just a cookout? Nah, there was more to it. For one, encouraging the recruit and his parents to lie to NCAA investigators about it. Then Pearl, being the narcissistic cheater that he is, lied through his teeth to investigators as well, even when they presented photographic evidence. Even after that mess, Pearl had the hubris to commit some other minor violations during the no contact rule, and also attempted to cover up the drug test results of at least one UT player. One of my favorite things about Pearl v Cal was when a UT fan coworker of mine smugly asked me when we hired Cal, how long it would take for Cal to put us on probation. You better believe I never let him forget that one, not even today. As for me, I wouldn't hire Pearl to wash my truck.

I think his point is well taken still. Cal lusted after the uk job much like Pearl does now. There isn’t a single coach out there that lobs more compliments toward the Kentucky program as Pearl does.

OK then drop them again and never play them. They do not help us in any way unless they are a Quad 1 game. They are a Quad 4 game.
Who cares. Every team plays some games that don't matter. Some years they will be better then others.

Baylor can outbid Louisville. Texas turns out many more players than Kentucky. ACC is a mess.

UofL fans, I'll say it again...hire the Calipari slayer.

iu

You're welcome...

Baylor can outbid Louisville. Texas turns out many more players than Kentucky. ACC is a mess.
First off, that’s false. UL basketball can afford to pay a coach every bit as much as Baylor. This would be about if Drew wants to be at traditional basketball school or not. He could certainly use UL for a raise and likely will if he doesn’t move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT