ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning to Louisville!?

I heard at the grocery store Petrino was coming back to UL and bringing Arch with him. I think they are riding on a motorcycle and bringing Xmas gifts to the Bear!!
I was eating a turkey sandwich when my cell phone rang. On rye with Mayo . . . .

Anyhow, the call was from a distant cousin in Louisville, claiming that the deals of which you speak were coming to fruition, all whilst Stoops is hand-counting his earnings for the year, AGAIN, (accounting not being Stoops’s strong suit . . . and,’ya’ know . . . nine million in Sacajawea coins is a real job for the best of us).

I’ve heard from a reliable source that Peyton Manning has been seriously shopping for a horsesh!t farm in the Louisville area.

Apparently the whole damn family is tired of New Orleans, and is looking at Louisville, for both it’s weather and cuisine advantages over their current locale.
Closer to Indy... because he misses Irsay sooo... much.

Geeze that's duuuuuuumb. Arch moved up to Texas #2 qb during this season, passing Malich Murphy. Murphy is in the portal now, not Arch. Arch seems fine with the slow learning build, sitting behind Ewers, not at all in a hurry to he a starter somewhere.
Have some friends in Mississippe who are big OM fans and revere the Manning family. One told me yesterday that AM won't be going anywhere and if he did it'd be OM. He got north of 3 million to go to Texas. Barring injury or a bad season next year, Ewers is gone and the job is Mannings for two years.

Last edited:
Even if Manning left, his family isn't going to choose Louisville. The only way he'd be there is if he was a super bust on a Zeke Pike level and if he was that bad....Brohm wouldn't be bringing him in to start anyways.

They're Manning's and they'll choose a SEC program....100k fans and such. NIL doesn't matter as much. They want to prepare him for the pros and playing in the ACC isn't it. But they picked Texas for a reason...that's where he's going to play.
Seriously, UK would stand a better chance of landing Manning than UofL if it came down to it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Mmmmm.

Grandpaw Arch was spotted at a local Piggly-Wiggly!!

This might have some legs to it!
Now you know how I know your lying? There are no Piggly-Wiggly's in Louisville. Now had you said he was spotted in a local Aldi, then i'd be saying, "oh crap, there might be some legs to this"! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
Seriously, UK would stand a better chance of landing Manning than UofL if it came down to it.
Bear Brohm is building a title contender. You all may not see it...but their close wins over Georgia Tech, Indiana, & Virginia are what champions do...not to mention that loss to a tough 3-9 Pitt team on the road showed heart! Yes they did lose to a 7-5 SEC team that was spiraling down the drain...

Seriously...we were playing our worst football and morale was terrible. THey had a record crowd and momentum. It was their Super Bowl...but honestly once Barion gave us that spark we finally played like the better team. Once we played with energy you could tell they couldn't guard us. They didn't have the mental strength.

TBH. Playing at night against a 5-7 USCjr. was a tougher game than 9-1 ACC runner-up U6. We played games at Georgia, SC, & Starkville...much better crowds...bigger/faster teams...we were ready. It showed that they thought it was like all their cupcakes that just fell apart when it was a tough crowd....they didn't realize we had depth...faster...stronger...

It's funny how they justify it...

"Well you all may be better but we play for conference titles...holding off powerhouse teams like Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech to get there!"

The fact they admit that they play in a crap league...they won't admit the part where we would've probably been 11-1 against their schedule to be honest. I mean playing a schedule filled with teams your better than...racking up wins...getting momentum....it would've been easy....but then they played a FSU team that struggled against a bad Florida team and still got manhandled...even with FSU not even having a real QB.

I thought you were a part of my “fan base.”

And a reference to Peyton looking for a “horsesh!t” farm, an allusion to Louisville having better food than the New Orleans, and a millionaire shopping at a Redneck store that hasn’t existed for 40 years . . . .

Ah, never mind. . . . .
Hey now, Piggly Wiggly is still alive and well in Russelville and Franklin KY. Eh, correction, alive maybe, can't say if they're well.

Hey now, Piggly Wiggly is still alive and well in Russelville and Franklin KY. Eh, correction, alive maybe, can't say if they're well.
That Italian place on the square in Russellville is top notch. Brickyard Cafe in Franklin too.

I’m saying the break off age on Peyton Place is like 58 years of age. I’m just passed it, and my Mom watched like when I was 6 years old.

About the same era as Dark Shadows, a horror daytime Soap Opera filmed live in the 60’s. I loved Dark Shadows! The main cat was a middle-aged, average looking vampire named Barnaby, IIRC. He got all the ass on the show, and was kind of a vampire you could identify with . . . he punched way above his weight class with the ladies, much to their eventual chagrin.
Barnabas Collins! . . . and yeah he did! We grew up on a weird time and loved every minute of it.

Last edited:
I'll never forget working with a Florida fan years ago. Knew his shit and respected UK fans' passion. He told me he never understood why Louisville fans were so football dumb. Even years later on a UofL radio show, fans kept calling in comparing their program to Alabama. The host finally got frustrated and said "when did this obsession with Alabama begin with our fanbase? When did going 0 to Alabama start? Stop acting like we should be Alabama."

They've done well in the portal and have a good thing with Brohm. He won't bring drama and will stay. But he's 0-1 against us and always remember the loss to us a few weeks ago just destroyed their fans and their new coach.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Even if Manning left, his family isn't going to choose Louisville. The only way he'd be there is if he was a super bust on a Zeke Pike level and if he was that bad....Brohm wouldn't be bringing him in to start anyways.

They're Manning's and they'll choose a SEC program....100k fans and such. NIL doesn't matter as much. They want to prepare him for the pros and playing in the ACC isn't it. But they picked Texas for a reason...that's where he's going to play.
I would think if he transferred, it would be to Ole Miss.

Bear Brohm getting all the recruits! Saban fears Brohm. Kirby prays that Louisville doesn’t come near his program. They’re all afraid!!!

Don’t shoot the messenger but I heard from a really good source earlier today that Cooper Manning met with Jeff Brohm this past weekend.

Not sure if it means anything but just thought I would throw that out there. Arch isn’t in the portal but it’s definitely something to watch.
That kid could go to any school he wanted, 🤣

Geeze that's duuuuuuumb. Arch moved up to Texas #2 qb during this season, passing Malich Murphy. Murphy is in the portal now, not Arch. Arch seems fine with the slow learning build, sitting behind Ewers, not at all in a hurry to he a starter somewhere.

He’s getting all kinds of tail in Austin and would rather die than end up in Looeyville.

Louisville fans really are so goofy. To think Cam Ward or Freaking ARCH MANNING, the family history of the LOVE of the SEC and the south would come to a commuter school with a stadium on train tracks 🥱
And we al know Louisville isn't a southern town.

I just saw him eating at City Bar B Que

He was even eating dill pickles and drinking a Dr Pepper

Remember watching my mom iron shirts while watching it everyday

Yep, as a little kid that thought nothing of going to school, playing in the dirt before school even started, but my mom sent me to school spotless, with an ironed shirt and crease in my jeans. I was always a dirty mess when i got home, she would look at me and ask how did you get so dirty? My reply was always the same, I don't know, i guess i brushed against something that was dirty.

Yep, as a little kid that thought nothing of going to school, playing in the dirt before school even started, but my mom sent me to school spotless, with an ironed shirt and crease in my jeans. I was always a dirty mess when i got home, she would look at me and ask how did you get so dirty? My reply was always the same, I don't know, i guess i brushed against something that was dirty.
…the days

Those were way better days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT