ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew to UL?

I'd say him, Oats, and Pearl get the first offers. Which are all good hires. Its a helluva a mess to clean up tho. They definitely wont go the route of looking for a new up and comer.

Reactions: delk4three
Their insiders and media didn't think Satt would be back for what ended up being his final year and had no idea he would turn around and run off to Cincy. They also didn't think it was possible Kenny would get a second year. I don't think they'll screw up this hire but a couple weeks ago they were talking up Musselman as their new coach. When the AD is very hush, and this AD seems to be, the insiders just end up guessing. I'm sure talks have happened with several coaches indirectly. I'm sure Drew would listen. But I'm not buying "It's Drew" right now.

I'd say him, Oats, and Pearl get the first offers.
I believe Oats has some crazy buyout that Louisville might not be able to afford and Pearl used Louisville two years ago to get a lifetime extension and a raise from Auburn. Drew or Musselman would be doable though I think and a huge upgrade from KP. Hopefully Drew can wait a couple more years until Cal retires.

I believe Oats has some crazy buyout that Louisville might not be able to afford and Pearl used Louisville two years ago to get a lifetime extension and a raise from Auburn. Drew or Musselman would be doable though I think and a huge upgrade from KP. Hopefully Drew can wait a couple more years until Cal retires.

Or we could just take him from UL if we want.

Can’t imagine Drew leaving Baylor for that train wreck. Sure UL had history but their pockets aren’t Texas deep to “get back” and Drew has built Baylor. I’d imagine he would only leave for a top 5 program all
Time

He’s a made man at Baylor. He’d have to know he could win in 5 years at UL and know he’s competing w the biggest brand in basketball in state. Also, I think he is well aware he’s 2-3 years from the UK job

This seems like “L insiders” throwing mud at the wall bc they know Drew is a UK Cal replacement

Despite whatever Cal is now and Mitch misfiring with Billy, most coaches do level up in more ways than one here. There's not a doubt in my mind Drew would win a title at UK. It may only be one but I think he would. Also seems to be common knowledge he's Mitch's replacement hire so it'd be huge if Louisville's AD actually did swoop in and take him just because Cal decided to hang on here. If anything, Louisville fans are going to have hope for the next few weeks. Before it's over, they'll be claiming Donovan was seen at those shitty silos in Louisville wearing an L YES flatbill.

As with almost all coaching searches, the first name out of the gate is rarely the guy in the end.

Their insiders and media didn't think Satt would be back for what ended up being his final year and had no idea he would turn around and run off to Cincy. They also didn't think it was possible Kenny would get a second year. I don't think they'll screw up this hire but a couple weeks ago they were talking up Musselman as their new coach. When the AD is very hush, and this AD seems to be, the insiders just end up guessing. I'm sure talks have happened with several coaches indirectly. I'm sure Drew would listen. But I'm not buying "It's Drew" right now.
I hope they give Kenny another year Since he improve them from last year and the fact it was in such a mess when he took the job. In another 2 years he will be ready to be on par to play with ACC teams

Cal is a far better than coach than Drew.

But I hope Louisville hires him so the CHC can come out of the closet and just be open Louisville fans.

Drew reported to be a big fan of the “Codfather”, Don Rigazio’s WAKY Codfish Special and that’s the sweetener it takes to get him

Cal>Drew all day long! Not even close
Yeah I mean most seem to get this but the Cal sucks crew sure don't . Drew isn't a bad coach by any means but he is not better then Cal. But he won't go to UL thats a big step down. Baylor is a top 15 program these days . UL has only been that in the 2010-2014 era and the late 70's to late 80's .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT