ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Season Prediction

Going not the 2018 season, here are the average recruiting rankings for UK and UofL the previous 4 years, per Rivals:

Kentucky 29.8
Louisville 32

There was never a dearth of talent. The roster was mismanaged, but there was talent at Louisville. What people mistook for the absence of talent was the absence of effort. They simply quit after the second or third game. Even the most talented kid is going to look pretty mediocre if he’s barely trying. So I give their new coach credit, but as I’ve said, all they needed was a pulse and they be a lot better than last year.

Pretty funny to see the UL gloating here. I admit that I was wrong about how many games they would win. I was also wrong about the strength of their schedule. That conference is putrid. All-time bad.

As I said earlier, they fight and they appear to be well-coached on offense. That is different than last year.

With that said, there is very little depth and that will show up down the stretch. Their defense is also bad.

Wake recovered that onside kick the other night with possession and would have had the ball on the UL 30 (or so) b/c there was an unsportsmanlike penalty on UL after the play. They would almost certainly have scored, so UL probably should be 3-3 today instead of 4-2.

I think smart money says:

Loss to Clemson
Loss to Virginia
Win over Cuse
Toss-up at NC state (I'll say Win)
Toss-up to UK (I'll say loss) - UK should win this game, but a lot depends on QB situation for UK
-Loss to Miami

6-6 would be a great year for them given the circumstances. Would love to see them 5-6 heading into CWS and denying them a bowl.

If 2 trash ACC schools play and no one is around to watch/care? Did it even happen?
Is the positive sentiment on your board now the same as it was this summer? This summer it was a definite victory over U of L. Many may still see it that way, some do not. From monitoring this board there is a lot more negativity about the team performance now than earlier and some honest positive thinking about U of L chances.

Is the positive sentiment on your board now the same as it was this summer. This summer it was a definite victory over U of L. Many may still see it that way, some do not. From monitoring this board there is a lot more negativity about the team performance now than earlier and some honest positive thinking about U of L chances.
How confident are you that you can stop Smoke, AJ, Bowden, I think our defense is better than what you have faced in the ASS er, I mean ACC so far

Is the positive sentiment on your board now the same as it was this summer? This summer it was a definite victory over U of L. Many may still see it that way, some do not. From monitoring this board there is a lot more negativity about the team performance now than earlier and some honest positive thinking about U of L chances.
Well it went from 30 point win to maybe a 17-24 point win.

You all will score...but we will set records that day. I'm a "Stoops apologist" in this forum apparently...so my sentiment hasn't changed. Losing Terry hurt along with not having our backup healthy.

Because as much as you guys are salivating at our QB problems...Micale Cunningham ain't too healthy....and that will leave you with a true freshman QB and nothing behind him....so both teams may enter with QB problems.

Reactions: jauk11
Well it went from 30 point win to maybe a 17-24 point win.

You all will score...but we will set records that day. I'm a "Stoops apologist" in this forum apparently...so my sentiment hasn't changed. Losing Terry hurt along with not having our backup healthy.

Because as much as you guys are salivating at our QB problems...Micale Cunningham ain't too healthy....and that will leave you with a true freshman QB and nothing behind him....so both teams may enter with QB problems.
Nah Sawyer will be good by then, if not can their D line slow down LB?

I'm not salivating and neither have I stated any kind of victory. LSV went through the same thing a few years back when they lost a record number of players to the NFL. IMO neither program is at a reload level. CSS is getting the performance from his player. A review of the current KSR thread topics suggest Stoops is not or at the least is being questioned.

Nah Sawyer will be good by then, if not can their D line slow down LB?
Yeah...

After this week it's

Missouri at Home
Bye Week
UT at Home
Vandy in Nashville (Home game)
UT-Martin at Home (Bye week essentially)
U6

You come into the game on a 3 game winning streak with a healthy Sawyer? Records baby! Lynn now can run plays out of the Wildcat. Sawyer will be able to fling it to Wagner all day against that defense...of Smoke, Rose, & C-Rod can skip to the endzone.

Reactions: JC CATS
I'm not salivating and neither have I stated any kind of victory. LSV went through the same thing a few years back when they lost a record number of players to the NFL. IMO neither program is at a reload level. CSS is getting the performance from his player. A review of the current KSR thread topics suggest Stoops is not or at the least is being questioned.
You may not have noticed but UK lost arguably the best defensive player to ever play for UK, the whole secondary who were in NFL camps, the lone secondary player with any experience, Benny Snell, CJ Conrad and been though about 5 QB;s since last season. I am still confident we will beat you

The loudest people are often the 1% who cry.

We have talented players playing in new spots. We played the toughest part of our schedule without a QB essentially..trying to learn a new offense on the fly. I think as we play more games, we'll get better as they get more experienced.

Our defense is raw in the secondary...but deep with young talent. They just need game reps. Depth on both sides and both lines is what keeps my confident.

Every year, Stoops gets those guys fired up to play UofL and the effort is ALWAYS strong for that game. I think our line play and depth will just overpower the Cards. If it was a game we were overlooking as a team...yeah I'd be a bit worried that you all could catch us sleeping and put up points. But I don't think Stoops will have that issue.

You may not have noticed but UK lost arguably the best defensive player to ever play for UK, the whole secondary who were in NFL camps, the lone secondary player with any experience, Benny Snell, CJ Conrad and been though about 5 QB;s since last season. I am still confident we will beat you
Not suggesting a win or lost just your current situation and board sentiment. During the summer, many that posted here had the program at "we will just reload" and win another 10 games in spite of our losses. Current board sentiment no longer suggest that. On the other hand, we are not the dumpster fire some suggested.

Not suggesting a win or lost just your current situation and board sentiment. During the summer, many that posted here had the program at "we will just reload" and win another 10 games in spite of our losses. Current board sentiment no longer suggest that. On the other hand, we are not the dumpster fire some suggested.
Granted...that was before Terry Wilson got hurt.

If Terry Wilson isn't hurt...good chance they beat Florida and win of of 2 against SC and Miss State...probably sitting at 5-1 at the moment with a lot of winnable games to go...

The difference between now and then, both with respect to how good UK will be this year and whether we’ll beat Louisville and by how much, is all due to the same thing. 3 injured quarterbacks, 2 others transferred out. We’re playing a wide receiver at QB. Has nothing to do with your team. Your team, as I’ve said, had to look improved if they had a pulse. They quit last year.

Reactions: jauk11 and JC CATS
Just can't hate UL as much as we used to. All the really good villains are gone.

True for me too.

But Transfer U got to where they are now by cheating like mad at every opportunity-----and getting away with murder until recently. And don't they still have a few questions to answer?

I think this is true. UK had a top ten team beaten at home and collapsed. It changed the season. Our top two QB went down and we're sitting at 3-3 instead of 5-1 or 4-2 (I would argue that UF probably beat us twice in starkville). Now, we're playing a WR at QB so a lot depends on QB play down the stretch.

UL is not the dumpster fire i expected (though that Defense is almost as bad as i expected). They're playing hard and they look well-coached on offense. Your conference is god-awful, so that alone has changed the dynamic.

I expect UL to win 6 games, and I expect UK to win 6-7 games. I expect UK to beat UL, as there is still more talent on the UK roster and I think UK matches up pretty well.

I think this is true. UK had a top ten team beaten at home and collapsed. It changed the season. Our top two QB went down and we're sitting at 3-3 instead of 5-1 or 4-2 (I would argue that UF probably beat us twice in starkville). Now, we're playing a WR at QB so a lot depends on QB play down the stretch.

UL is not the dumpster fire i expected (though that Defense is almost as bad as i expected). They're playing hard and they look well-coached on offense. Your conference is god-awful, so that alone has changed the dynamic.

I expect UL to win 6 games, and I expect UK to win 6-7 games. I expect UK to beat UL, as there is still more talent on the UK roster and I think UK matches up pretty well.
Should be an entertaining game this year. U of L's defense is short on both depth and size but have continued to play hard. One thing is certain and that is coaching matters.

Saw one of the posters on their Scout forum use the phrase "Scotty Ball"

[roll][roll][roll]

Should be an entertaining game this year. U of L's defense is short on both depth and size but have continued to play hard. One thing is certain and that is coaching matters.

Sure does, in both RECRUITING and coaching, sure glad we have the returning SEC COTY on our side.

I heard a little bit of Pete Fiutak of college football news on espnlouisville yesterday afternoon. The host, Andy Sweeney, was asking him about Louisville doing better than expected, which Fiutak had predicted. He was really trying to get Fiutak to prop up Scotty as the next Saban or something, but he wasn't biting. "Why is Louisville doing better than expected?" his answer was simple "the ACC sucks." Direct quote. Later they were talking about whether Clemson could afford even a single loss and still make the playoff. Nope. Why? The ACC sucks. Everything they talked about kept coming back to how awful the ACC is.

Some people don't want to understand context.

I heard a little bit of Pete Fiutak of college football news on espnlouisville yesterday afternoon. The host, Andy Sweeney, was asking him about Louisville doing better than expected, which Fiutak had predicted. He was really trying to get Fiutak to prop up Scotty as the next Saban or something, but he wasn't biting. "Why is Louisville doing better than expected?" his answer was simple "the ACC sucks." Direct quote. Later they were talking about whether Clemson could afford even a single loss and still make the playoff. Nope. Why? The ACC sucks. Everything they talked about kept coming back to how awful the ACC is.

Some people don't want to understand context.
Boston College got BLOWN OUT by Kansas...and if their QB starter doesn't go down in the 1st half...they probably beat U6. And even the BC backup TORCHED U6's defense.

Louisville was up 28-7 on Wake at the end of the first and still needed a bad call on an onside kick to go their way to win 62-59. Think about it...they gave up 52 points in the last 3 quarters. Wake scored 28 points in the 4th quarter....would've been 35 had the refs made the correct call.

That's epic collapse level bad.

Reactions: jauk11 and Mojocat
True for me too.

But Transfer U got to where they are now by cheating like mad at every opportunity-----and getting away with murder until recently. And don't they still have a few questions to answer?
Plus their fans are such dipwads it is not hard to hate them, not at all

If we lose our 6th string QB you may have a chance. Throw EKU game out and your vaunted defense giving up about 40 points a game. How will we contend with that?

Definitely nervous ... This thread started out in April with some people claiming Eastern wasn't a gimme for U of L. Now we have to throw that game out ... [laughing]

Reactions: Wordless65
Which game are you talking about, because I didn't predict which games we would win. My reference was to the posters predicting one or two wins for us this season.

Well you are over here on a UK blog so what game do you think I was talking about?

Definitely nervous ... This thread started out in April with some people claiming Eastern wasn't a gimme for U of L. Now we have to throw that game out ... [laughing]

Say, don't you think Slick Rick had to have a lot of help in violating those rules?

ADVERTISEMENT