ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew to UL?

I hate Cal as much as anyone but I'll pass on Drew.. Rather have some hot shot up and comer than him.. Let the tards have him..
Why?

How many active coaches even have a Championship?

How many of those are actually available?

If you believe UK is a Blue Blood program that elevates coaches, Scott Drew is a home run.

Reactions: csrupp
Cal is a far better than coach than Drew.

But I hope Louisville hires him so the CHC can come out of the closet and just be open Louisville fans.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: yoshukai and csrupp
Why?

How many active coaches even have a Championship?

How many of those are actually available?

If you believe UK is a Blue Blood program that elevates coaches, Scott Drew is a home run.
We would obliterate Scott Drew. I honestly don't believe there is an established coach we wouldn't beat down in short order. I think if and when UK runs Cal out of town we're gonna have to deal with some significant growing pains. I could be wrong. For the sake of my team and favorite pass time, I hope we could go straight into 20+ win seasons and competing for championships, but I expect down years, multiple down years and much less talent than we've had under Cal. And, as I say, I hope I'm wrong on that. What I would love is for swaggy Cal, 2009-2015 Cal, to get his MOJO back, so we can avoid those down years. I just don't know if that will happen at his age.

Why? Someone who's missed around 40% of ncaa tournament games just doesnt give me very much enthusiasm..
He’s at Baylor. They aren’t a basketball powerhouse. I would expect any coach to have some down years at Bayloe.

The fact that he won a title there is remarkable. He had them on pace for 3 straight one seeds if the 2020 tournament wasn’t canceled.

He can coach.

Reactions: Montana81
It might be Bryce Drew but it isn't Scott Drew. Hell, there is a better chance it is Homer Drew.
Man, if I’m Bryce Drew I’m not leaving GCU. Nice little up and comer in a conference you can win some games. Probably making a million plus in the Phoenix area. Playing some sweet golf courses. Nah bruh, I’m good out here.

We need UofL to turn it around at some point. It is 1 game a year against us and we have dominated for the most part year in and out. But it is better for NCAA if we are a rival game again like Duke UNC game.

Take the Baylor boy and lets see what happens.

Reactions: psychedelicavegan
We need UofL to turn it around at some point. It is 1 game a year against us and we have dominated for the most part year in and out. But it is better for NCAA if we are a rival game again like Duke UNC game.

You've forgotten how annoying the fan base is when theyre just slightly decent, or you dont live near Louisville.

You've forgotten how annoying the fan base is when theyre just slightly decent, or you dont live near Louisville.
I have sold and serviced IT solutions, Business phone systems and such for well over 30 years. I have customers calling me with major outages and are annoyed all the time. I have learned to deal with annoying situations fairly well. Heck my youngest chose UofL over UK for college. I have no issues dealing with UofL fans.

Do you think Carolina thinks the same thing about Duke, or Duke at Carolina, heck do you think NC State hates them both. lol Fandom is fandom.

Reactions: psychedelicavegan
His 2.7 million salary at Baylor is surprisingly low for a coach that has won a title. KP is making 3.3 million.
If money motivates him he could probably get 4 million from U of L.

He’s at Baylor. They aren’t a basketball powerhouse. I would expect any coach to have some down years at Bayloe.

The fact that he won a title there is remarkable. He had them on pace for 3 straight one seeds if the 2020 tournament wasn’t canceled.

He can coach.
But Louisville offers something Baylor can’t. It’s a basketball school with a rich history and state of the art arena. It would also plunge him into the spotlight due to the Kentucky rub alone. Baylor is a better program right now for sure. But Louisville is a higher profile basketball job with a bigger fanbase.

Now, can they afford to pay him what he’s worth?

I can't believe Drew would leave Baylor for UL, he would be starting over. You know Baylor has that Texas oil money I'm sure they can out bid the birdies. If Cronin wants the job, they better grab him. You got to know your limitations.

But Louisville offers something Baylor can’t. It’s a basketball school with a rich history and state of the art arena. It would also plunge him into the spotlight due to the Kentucky rub alone. Baylor is a better program right now for sure. But Louisville is a higher profile basketball job with a bigger fanbase.

Now, can they afford to pay him what he’s worth?
Baylor just opened a brand new arena this year.

I do not think the ville is the same draw as is once was where a successful coach to leave where they are at already I think they will have to get a coach from a small school.

And Louisville ain’t a destination city unless you’re from KY. Probably not even then, lol.
Downtown Louisville is pathetic for a “big” city. The vast majority of Louisville are towns they brought together like , Bardstown, Buechel · Fairdale · Fern Creek · Highview · Newburg · Okolona · Pleasure Ridge Park · Saint Dennis, St. Matthews, etc..

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
UL click bait. Musselman, at this point in the season, if far more likely than any coach still competing for a title. This is nothing but a wish list.

I still don't understand why people want Drew as the first call. He would be the second Tubby that just can recruit a bit better. And he has nearly the same record as Cal does this year. Both have 1 title.

UK does not need ul to turn it around

Reactions: KT34 and JDHoss
I still don't understand why people want Drew as the first call. He would be the second Tubby that just can recruit a bit better. And he has nearly the same record as Cal does this year. Both have 1 title.
Glad you asked.

Scott Drew is at Baylor. Baylor is NOT a basketball school. Baylor had four tournament appearances before Drew. Their arena holds 7,500.

Under Drew, they have 11 appearances and their only national championship.

In the last 4 years, most of the NIL Era, Drew has outperformed Cal. Drew has 1 title in that time span. Cal has 1 tourney win.

Cal is at Kentucky. Arguably the greatest program in college basketball. Cal has advantages over Drew.

If Drew can have the level of success he’s had at what was essentially a non-player in basketball, he will have way more success at Kentucky.

People act like Drew hasn’t been dominant enough. He’s at a non-blue blood. He’s in the Kansas conference. The fact that he’s done what he’s done at Baylor is remarkable.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it. If this rumor is true, then I wonder how a March run or lack there of would affect this. I don't see Scott Drew leaving after a Final Four or better run. Regardless, this would give us another potential Quad 1 win on the schedule and it might actually force Mitch to hire a young and upcoming coach.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear “Baylor gives Scott Drew a raise” in a couple weeks.

There is nothing Drew can't do at Baylor as opposed to Louisville. Plus, what a headache, rebuild job that louisville is right now. Money may be the only consideration if he could possibly double his salary. I don't see it. Probably wishful thinking on the louisville fan front.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
There is nothing Drew can't do at Baylor as opposed to Louisville. Plus, what a headache, rebuild job that louisville is right now. Money may be the only consideration if he could possibly double his salary. I don't see it. Probably wishful thinking on the louisville fan front.
I don’t know if ul even has the money for it. They are still paying buy outs to multiple people and then you’d have to add in KP’s buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT