ADVERTISEMENT

Grossest stat that shows how far we've fallen in our own conference

Deadhorse Lol GIF - Deadhorse Lol GIFs

Cal spent years saying he didn’t care for it, but would at least have the team in a good position due to the fans. Now we get to hear him talk about watching reruns of old tv shows instead of film prepping and wanting to pet his dogs after losing early.

Not sure why anyone would want to spend their money on attending the SECT nowadays.

Listening to KSR and they just shared that UK has the 11th best record in the SEC tournament since 2018. We are 2 - 4 since 2018, what a joke.
Cal is just going through the motions. I get it, he can see retirement on the horizon but who wants to give up that kind of salary. UK should just give him $5MM year for 5 years and be done with it. Everyone gets what they want and UK can afford that. Cal can get some TV work, etc.

Coming home Sunday- I thought why in the hell do I spend $6k per year on tickets, $2k on hotels, no telling the food, etc and Cal just can’t even come out for the radio show and sign a few balls for some kids. Hell- after that performance I would have the whole team out signing balls for kids while I apologized and said this shit will get better now. Nobody is held accountable.

I brought that up on social media today and got told I’m a bad fan. And to stfu. And that I was just looking for reasons to bash Cal.

My God some people are just dense.
I’d love to talk shop with someone who’d see those stats, and first instinct is to try and protect Cal. My guess, those people would look at you clueless if you asked them who Tony Delk is

I’d love to talk shop with someone who’d see those stats, and first instinct is to try and protect Cal. My guess, those people would look at you clueless if you asked them who Tony Delk is
I checked. Guy appeared to be older than me!
some folks have drunk the koolaid so much that they think Cal is UK Ball.

I don’t get those people. They’re like the people who follow around a minister when he leaves a church. It’s weird.

I don’t get those people. They’re like the people who follow around a minister when he leaves a church. It’s weird.
jeez, we have truly entered the Twilight Zone for BBN. We got people putting Cal in a category that should only be reserved for coaches who have won 3+ titles, not 1 title over a decade ago. Strange times

They can rationalize the irrational and believe everything they say.

Reactions: ukjenning44
I used to break it down 2010 - 2015 and then post 2015 when talking about Cal. Now, I almost feel there were three phases:

2010 - 2015
2016 - 2020
2021 - 2024

2010 - 2015
.833 overall winning percentage
.804 SEC winning percentage
6 combined SEC regular season and tournament titles
1 NCAA Title
1 Runner -up
2 Final Fours

2016 - 2020
.782 overall winning percentage
.766 SEC winning percentage
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet 16

2021 - 2024
.607 overall winning percentage
.650 SEC winning percentage
0 combined SEC regular season and tournament titles
0 Sweet 16's

2016 - 2020 still seemed promising to me. A step back, but a couple really good teams. 2021 on just seems like there is nothing positive moving forward.

I used to break it down 2010 - 2015 and then post 2015 when talking about Cal. Now, I almost feel there were three phases:

2010 - 2015
2016 - 2020
2021 - 2024

2010 - 2015
1 NCAA Title
1 Runner -up
2 Final Fours

2016 - 2020
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet 16

2021 - 2024
0 Sweet 16's

2016 - 2020 still seemed promising to me. A step back, but a couple really good teams. 2021 on just seems like there is nothing positive moving forward.
This is how I’ve been looking at it. I was also curious from another thread, and looked at the draft picks the last 3 seasons. The highest pick was a guy who sat on the bench. Only one other lotto pick- Wallace. I don’t care about the nba or draft, but Cal’s system needs those high end guys to have success.

So in all areas, UK/Cal is struggling. He isn’t winning nor is he actually helping guys get drafted anymore. He’s really not helping anyone, just ruining a legacy.

2010 - 2015
2016 - 2020
2021 - 2024

2010 - 2015
1 NCAA Title
1 Runner -up
2 Final Fours

2016 - 2020
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet 16

2021 - 2024
0 Sweet 16's

Best breakdown ive seen. What has happened last 4 sEasons? Burnout?

Reactions: susan2361

You’d be surprised at some of the reasons. I had an uncle (rip) that was a staunch defender of tubby smith till Tubbys last day and the reason was………when he retired from being a school bus driver the kids gave him a basketball autographed by tubby smith. That was special to him and i guess he thought it would mean less. lol

Reactions: bbncal02

2010 - 2015
2016 - 2020
2021 - 2024

2010 - 2015
1 NCAA Title
1 Runner -up
2 Final Fours

2016 - 2020
2 Elite Eights
1 Sweet 16

2021 - 2024
0 Sweet 16's

Ugly. Even uglier when you see what other schools have been doing in comparison.

2021 - 2024
0 Sweet 16's
UK could hire Chris Holtmann, who I consider mediocre at best, and get those results. Maybe better.

Dude , I like you but ……we’ve been trying to tell you. You wavered for awhile but jumped right back on the Calipari wagon.

My whole thing has been about this year. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about Cal holistically. Never would have thought he would fail so badly. His only chance at redemption in my eyes is a tournament run to FF or winning it. The likelihood is shrinking as it is clear he won't do what is necessary to protect this teams weaknesses.

It isn't a bandwagon thing...

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshukai
I’ve been pretty silent about Cal the past few years. Honestly I thought he was the best coach for us. Even after the last few years. I was hoping it was mostly bad luck. That he would redeem himself and we would be back on top of the basketball world again. But man..I’m exhausted. I’m tired of expecting to lose games. There was no doubt in my mind that UT was gonna come to Rupp Saturday and win. Never doubted it. That’s sad. It’s sad because I love Reed and Rob. I love the players. Just like I loved Oscar. It’s sad I can’t see them win. I work with a UT fan and I can’t even argue with him about it. I have to keep my mouth shut because my team of nba players can’t beat average teams at Rupp Arena. I no longer look forward to games I dread them. And if we win, it’s a rare feeling. It’s time for a change. Idc if it takes a couple years to rebuild after Cal. I’m ready to move on. I’m tired of the pain.

My whole thing has been about this year. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about Cal holistically. Never would have thought he would fail so badly. His only chance at redemption in my eyes is a tournament run to FF or winning it. The likelihood is shrinking as it is clear he won't do what is necessary to protect this teams weaknesses.

It isn't a bandwagon thing...
I posted here last year , when people were wanting him gone , that I wanted to see what he could do with this year’s recruiting class that people were saying was his best since 2012 . See if he could “rekindle “ something. So I was much like you .

I’ve been pretty silent about Cal the past few years. Honestly I thought he was the best coach for us. Even after the last few years. I was hoping it was mostly bad luck. That he would redeem himself and we would be back on top of the basketball world again. But man..I’m exhausted. I’m tired of expecting to lose games. There was no doubt in my mind that UT was gonna come to Rupp Saturday and win. Never doubted it. That’s sad. It’s sad because I love Reed and Rob. I love the players. Just like I loved Oscar. It’s sad I can’t see them win. I work with a UT fan and I can’t even argue with him about it. I have to keep my mouth shut because my team of nba players can’t beat average teams at Rupp Arena. I no longer look forward to games I dread them. And if we win, it’s a rare feeling. It’s time for a change. Idc if it takes a couple years to rebuild after Cal. I’m ready to move on. I’m tired of the pain.
Rebuild from what though? There’s a good possibility we don’t get out of the first weekend in the tournament for the 3rd straight year

Rebuild from what though? There’s a good possibility we don’t get out of the first weekend in the tournament for the 3rd straight year
Build..rebuild..start over..be better..however you wanna word it. I’m just done

Reactions: yoshukai
I posted here last year , when people were wanting him gone , that I wanted to see what he could do with this year’s recruiting class that people were saying was his best since 2012 . See if he could “rekindle “ something. So I was much like you .
It was the last carrot to dangle in front us. If anyone questioned Cal the last three years, someone would be quick to run in and say “if Cal leaves we don’t get the Wagner class”

We got em now, and nothing looks much different. I really thought this year we’d be competing for the SEC and a 1 seed. I don’t see either happening until we leave the Cal era behind us.

I brought that up on social media today and got told I’m a bad fan. And to stfu. And that I was just looking for reasons to bash Cal.

My God some people are just dense.
Boy how quickly these threads go from "Cal sucks" to fan "stupid Cal nut huggers" or "sunshine pumpers" insults.

It's like we're obsessed with berating each other instead of focusing energy on something else, you know, like how do we get out of this Cal mess at Kentucky (with something new and novel, not dead horse beating)? Not one thread these days about hating or supporting Cal is void of one of us veering off on the "huggers/haters are idiots", "how do we convince them...they're not convincible", or "what say ye Cal hugger/hater?!?".

Not everyone is confrontational or enjoys confrontations. The more vocal ones around here are - they have no issues confronting and arguing and name calling.

Welcome to America where confrontation and division is our new way of life.

Coming home Sunday- I thought why in the hell do I spend $6k per year on tickets, $2k on hotels, no telling the food, etc and Cal just can’t even come out for the radio show and sign a few balls for some kids. Hell- after that performance I would have the whole team out signing balls for kids while I apologized and said this shit will get better now. Nobody is held accountable.
What do you think about trying to get season ticket holders to boycott the Vandy game? Just don't go and not give their tickets away. I won't go to another Cal lead UK team after spent money to seem them lost to St. Pet in the tourney a few years ago. Do you think enough people would do it to least have a small but noticeable impact?

Reactions: UKortho
What do you think about trying to get season ticket holders to boycott the Vandy game? Just don't go and not give their tickets away. I won't go to another Cal lead UK team after spent money to seem them lost to St. Pet in the tourney a few years ago. Do you think enough people would do it to least have a small but noticeable impact?
I gave the Vandy tickets away (Sr day). I think the problem is there is still demand on Ticketmaster. Cheapest lower levels for Gonzaga (comparable to mine are $560 each). That’s just crazy. The Zags aren’t even that good. I could list mine for $400 each and they would be gone as soon as the Vandy game is over. Wife wants to go but as long as there are buyers on the secondary market it would be hard to throw away an easy $720 (Ticketmaster takes 10%).

If the secondary market dried up- then UK would see significant non renewals.

Edit- prices fell since yesterday. Lowest prices are around $350 each.

• Wow
Reactions: susan2361
Based purely on the last 4 seasons that can't really be argued.
What have we won since 2015? Both Indiana and UCLA started somewhere. We have a losing record against top20 teams, Hell Indiana beat us the last time we played them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT