ADVERTISEMENT

Grossest stat that shows how far we've fallen in our own conference

Deadhorse Lol GIF - Deadhorse Lol GIFs
🤡🤡🤡🤡

Yeah it’s would be hard to give up the money. Thanks for the input. I know it was done many years ago in football but of course there wasn’t the demand.

Reactions: UKortho
I've been a very big Cal supporter for most of his time here, but these last few years his successful team management has sucked!!!!!!

He can have all of the top recruiting classes in the world BUT if he's coaching them down to 10+ loss seasons and quick tournament exits he needs to go!!!

Recruit the #30-#100, take your lumps and build something long term........
Oops, CJVC would still be the coach, nevermind...........

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
What have we won since 2015? Both Indiana and UCLA started somewhere. We have a losing record against top20 teams, Hell Indiana beat us the last time we played them.
During 2016-2020 we at least won 3 SEC tournament titles, 3 SEC regular season titles and made the NCAA tournament all 5 years with 2 Elite 8's and 3 Sweet 16's. While 2016-2020 wasn't on the level of 2010-2015 it was light years better than 2021-2024 has been.

You’d be surprised at some of the reasons. I had an uncle (rip) that was a staunch defender of tubby smith till Tubbys last day and the reason was………when he retired from being a school bus driver the kids gave him a basketball autographed by tubby smith. That was special to him and i guess he thought it would mean less. lol
I mean I get it. I liked Cal a lot. I’m sad it’s come to this. But I love UK Ball more than any coach.

Boy how quickly these threads go from "Cal sucks" to fan "stupid Cal nut huggers" or "sunshine pumpers" insults.

It's like we're obsessed with berating each other instead of focusing energy on something else, you know, like how do we get out of this Cal mess at Kentucky (with something new and novel, not dead horse beating)? Not one thread these days about hating or supporting Cal is void of one of us veering off on the "huggers/haters are idiots", "how do we convince them...they're not convincible", or "what say ye Cal hugger/hater?!?".

Not everyone is confrontational or enjoys confrontations. The more vocal ones around here are - they have no issues confronting and arguing and name calling.

Welcome to America where confrontation and division is our new way of life.
The issue is when you are present with facts and you deny them. That’s the issue. This is subjective. It’s not like we’re talking about Renaissance artists here. Nor authors. We’re talking about the decline of a program whose decline can be factually measured and has been. When some looks at that and goes “you’re a bad.fan for bringing that up” and then tells me to stfu? That’s called propaganda.

Damn right I’m fighting back.

I posted here last year , when people were wanting him gone , that I wanted to see what he could do with this year’s recruiting class that people were saying was his best since 2012 . See if he could “rekindle “ something. So I was much like you .

Yep, agree. It is hard to believe how inept they are defensively. The fact that he won't either leverage his depth and press teams to death or move to a zone, leverage length and potentially increase their stamina to improve even more offensively is just mind boggling.

Just go zone. Seriously...what, are teams going to average 84 ppg vs us like they have the past 10 games?

I don't get it. It is as if he is scared of his own shadow. He literally said something about inserting a zone to get Ivisic on the court...then nothing. It is infuriating.

What have we won since 2015? Both Indiana and UCLA started somewhere. We have a losing record against top20 teams, Hell Indiana beat us the last time we played them.
I was keeping a running count on it but I’m thinking the Tennessee loss puts us at 26-37 against ranked teams since 2015 .

• Wow
Reactions: kywildcat41086
During 2016-2020 we at least won 3 SEC tournament titles, 3 SEC regular season titles and made the NCAA tournament all 5 years with 2 Elite 8's and 3 Sweet 16's. While 2016-2020 wasn't on the level of 2010-2015 it was light years better than 2021-2024 has been.
Yeah . Broken down into 5 year increments, the decline is stark .

Coming home Sunday- I thought why in the hell do I spend $6k per year on tickets, $2k on hotels, no telling the food, etc and Cal just can’t even come out for the radio show and sign a few balls for some kids. Hell- after that performance I would have the whole team out signing balls for kids while I apologized and said this shit will get better now. Nobody is held accountable.
Someone send this post to Cal. He should really care about the money fans are dropping on our team. The one that he coaches. He spends so much time lecturing the fans on how to be a real fan. He’s ignorant. He doesn’t get it it. Doesn’t register. Do the post game no matter what, it’s the job. If you aren’t embarrassed enough to fix glaring issues / you should’ve be too embarrassed to sit in front of a hundred people and answer a few questions.

Calipari's dominance vs SEC teams at Rupp Arena has dropped considerably.

Early Cal (2010-2017) only lost 3 games to SEC opponents at Rupp in 8 years: 66-3. Since then (2018-2024) we are 45-13 at home vs SEC teams.

• Wow
Reactions: entropy13
Boy how quickly these threads go from "Cal sucks" to fan "stupid Cal nut huggers" or "sunshine pumpers" insults.

It's like we're obsessed with berating each other instead of focusing energy on something else, you know, like how do we get out of this Cal mess at Kentucky (with something new and novel, not dead horse beating)? Not one thread these days about hating or supporting Cal is void of one of us veering off on the "huggers/haters are idiots", "how do we convince them...they're not convincible", or "what say ye Cal hugger/hater?!?".

Not everyone is confrontational or enjoys confrontations. The more vocal ones around here are - they have no issues confronting and arguing and name calling.

Welcome to America where confrontation and division is our new way of life.
There you go again. Scolding the Cal critics while giving the Calbois a pass. Your tell is so obvious. I wish I could play poker with you for, like, a million bucks.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Coming home Sunday- I thought why in the hell do I spend $6k per year on tickets, $2k on hotels, no telling the food, etc and Cal just can’t even come out for the radio show and sign a few balls for some kids. Hell- after that performance I would have the whole team out signing balls for kids while I apologized and said this shit will get better now. Nobody is held accountable.

Accountability

Cal: "I can't hide you."

Motherfker, we can't hide you either.

Works for me. He's nuts and so are the one's that never shut up about him?
I really have tried to not even talk about Cal the last several seasons, but it’s too hard at this point. If the Cats don’t pump Vandy by 20+ tomorrow, I’ll probably just chill from this place until the SECT.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Yep, agree. It is hard to believe how inept they are defensively. The fact that he won't either leverage his depth and press teams to death or move to a zone, leverage length and potentially increase their stamina to improve even more offensively is just mind boggling.

Just go zone. Seriously...what, are teams going to average 84 ppg vs us like they have the past 10 games?

I don't get it. It is as if he is scared of his own shadow. He literally said something about inserting a zone to get Ivisic on the court...then nothing. It is infuriating.
Cal was trolling the Bennies when he said he was going to run some zone....so he could play Z.

That lying mfer sure hasn't played any zone, and guess what?? He has parked Z at the end of his bench....down in the doghouse section with JB.

There you go again. Scolding the Cal critics while giving the Calbois a pass. Your tell is so obvious. I wish I could play poker with you for, like, a million bucks.
Guess you missed the details where I specifically included both sides (huggers/haters) in my post.

The bottom line is, and I've made this statement many times, the Cal critics are exponentially WAY more dickish and obsessive than the "bois", as you call them. This isn't a cover for any Cal love on my part, because if have you paid any attention to anyone besides yourself or your obsession with "catching" people in their Cal Love Closets, you'd know that I've had my moments of calling for Cal to hit the road, especially last year and the 6-19 seasons. Not as much this year because he appeared to have had something going, so I opted to save myself anxiety and let it play out. But the last 2 weeks has nearly brought back my disdain for Cal's failures (I say "nearly" because there's still a chance we recover, albeit not likely with Cal at helm, so this may be short lived). I just won't be running around being an asshole or calling out people because they have different opinions, or are still hanging/clinging to hope that somehow Cal is going to change his ways and bring back UK ball to our liking. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people that are afraid of both keeping or losing Calipari because the unknown is more scary than just status quo. Not making excuses for anyone, but people have different personalities that seem to get totally stomped on if someone doesn't run around hair on fire cussing and belittling others.

The theme you need to take away from this is - I am calling out the way people are being towards each other, not the context. I don't jab at peoples' opinions, but rather their baiting and incessant bitching. Your style, approach and just general demeanor is, well, that of an asshat. Same goes with many of the folks here begging and pleading for Cal do essentially die or go away. Unfortunately for you, the "haters" are more prominent, louder, and simply nastier than the "bois", which is very likely why you see me poking more at one side than the other (there are WAY more of you than the BOIS nowadays than there were 2 years ago!). This isn't me electing to only jab at those that absolutely hate Calipari, it's just the law of averages - you and the aggressive haters are posting hundreds of threads and topics a day - hell one even posted a thread supposedly for just the Sunshine Pumpers, but then lived in it all day bitching about Cal. Woulda been funny if it weren't so repetitive and redundant.

Guess you missed the details where I specifically included both sides (huggers/haters) in my post.

The bottom line is, and I've made this statement many times, the Cal critics are exponentially WAY more dickish and obsessive than the "bois", as you call them. This isn't a cover for any Cal love on my part, because if have you paid any attention to anyone besides yourself or your obsession with "catching" people in their Cal Love Closets, you'd know that I've had my moments of calling for Cal to hit the road, especially last year and the 6-19 seasons. Not as much this year because he appeared to have had something going, so I opted to save myself anxiety and let it play out. But the last 2 weeks has nearly brought back my disdain for Cal's failures (I say "nearly" because there's still a chance we recover, albeit not likely with Cal at helm, so this may be short lived). I just won't be running around being an asshole or calling out people because they have different opinions, or are still hanging/clinging to hope that somehow Cal is going to change his ways and bring back UK ball to our liking. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people that are afraid of both keeping or losing Calipari because the unknown is more scary than just status quo. Not making excuses for anyone, but people have different personalities that seem to get totally stomped on if someone doesn't run around hair on fire cussing and belittling others.

The theme you need to take away from this is - I am calling out the way people are being towards each other, not the context. I don't jab at peoples' opinions, but rather their baiting and incessant bitching. Your style, approach and just general demeanor is, well, that of an asshat. Same goes with many of the folks here begging and pleading for Cal do essentially die or go away. Unfortunately for you, the "haters" are more prominent, louder, and simply nastier than the "bois", which is very likely why you see me poking more at one side than the other (there are WAY more of you than the BOIS nowadays than there were 2 years ago!). This isn't me electing to only jab at those that absolutely hate Calipari, it's just the law of averages - you and the aggressive haters are posting hundreds of threads and topics a day - hell one even posted a thread supposedly for just the Sunshine Pumpers, but then lived in it all day bitching about Cal. Woulda been funny if it weren't so repetitive and redundant.
Speaking of dickish. What ever happened to kybassfan? He was as dickish as anybody. Haven’t seen him in a while.

tl;dr

IDG enough of AF to read that screed. You protest too much. Your actions speak louder than your diarrhea of the keyboard.

But think about all of the increased time Cal has gotten to spend with his dogs because of the early SEC and NCAA tournament exits the last few years. That’s what it’s all about. Some of you are so insensitive and heartless.

Totally forgot about him and his asshattery. He wasn't even around before we hit this two-week free fall so I guess he's banned or canned or just all in all quit the board.
He had been here a LONG time . I remember him during the tubby wars, lol .

Hey, not to sidetrack your go with TheDude73 there, but just curious whether you have a favorite place to play poker near KY (your avatar and statement about poker made me think you probably play a bit)?

I’ve been pretty silent about Cal the past few years. Honestly I thought he was the best coach for us. Even after the last few years. I was hoping it was mostly bad luck. That he would redeem himself and we would be back on top of the basketball world again. But man..I’m exhausted. I’m tired of expecting to lose games. There was no doubt in my mind that UT was gonna come to Rupp Saturday and win. Never doubted it. That’s sad. It’s sad because I love Reed and Rob. I love the players. Just like I loved Oscar. It’s sad I can’t see them win. I work with a UT fan and I can’t even argue with him about it. I have to keep my mouth shut because my team of nba players can’t beat average teams at Rupp Arena. I no longer look forward to games I dread them. And if we win, it’s a rare feeling. It’s time for a change. Idc if it takes a couple years to rebuild after Cal. I’m ready to move on. I’m tired of the pain.
I don’t dread the games. Still can’t wait. But I’m with ya on all else.

Hey, not to sidetrack your go with TheDude73 there, but just curious whether you have a favorite place to play poker near KY (your avatar and statement about poker made me think you probably play a bit)?
I used to go to the boat in Elizabeth IN but now I live in Florida. We just now got gambling legalized. We couldn't even have a home game b/c there was a Supreme Court case that basically outlawed them.

Once at the boat I saw Bobby Perry come in and sit 1-2 No Limit Hold'Em.

Reactions: G-PIP
I could say the same thing. What was your last alias before you melted down and got lead away in a straightjackett? 🤣
No need to ask you that, BallerCal, Dunya C Dubya, Cardsstink, jload, etc. You probably don't want to get into that stuff. Stop swinging from Cal's nuts and looking foolish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT