ADVERTISEMENT

Update - takes from earlier in the season

Another internet tough guy, who clearly doesn't know much about basketball. Keep waving the pom poms buddy
There's no universe - none whatsoever - in which you know more about basketball than me. That's not a brag, that's just the flat out truth. Looking back at most of your posts, you clearly hop on here to just criticize others. Fun life, eh?

There's no universe - none whatsoever - in which you know more about basketball than me. That's not a brag, that's just the flat out truth. Looking back at most of your posts, you clearly hop on here to just criticize others. Fun life, eh?
Ok, Naismith. I doubt you know the difference between a 1-3-1 and a match up zone, but that's ok. The world needs cheerleaders like you. 😂 Whatever it takes to help you sleep at night. You seem like a meat rider to me, and one that can't stand when somebody makes a critical observation.

Ok, Naismith. I doubt you know the difference between a 1-3-1 and a match up zone, but that's ok. The world needs cheerleaders like you. 😂 Whatever it takes to help you sleep at night. You seem like a meat rider to me, and one that can't stand when somebody makes a critical observation.
Ah yes, the continued criticism with nothing of value or substance to offer. The world needs internet trolls such as yourself, I guess? That's your role, right?

I'd love to know what "critical observation" you THINK you made. I'm all ears, troll

And you miss the point. "Over-reactions" are not productive, can actually be quite negative. If there are reasons to be concerned, heck yes discuss them. But things like "player X should never see the court" and other Over-Reactions are just stupid.
I actually agree with you. I'm not missing that point. I just don't think the two things are mutually exclusive.

I've defended DJ and Edwards a ton.

But, the reality is, we have to discuss the negatives around the team. And there's a spectrum of things. Some people think we should only discuss the positives. Well, that doesn't always give a ton to discuss.

Some people are overly negative. And that doesn't lead to anything productive.

But...

To act like we should only be positive--there's just not enough left to discuss.

Ah yes, the continued criticism with nothing of value or substance to offer. The world needs internet trolls such as yourself, I guess? That's your role, right?

I'd love to know what "critical observation" you THINK you made. I'm all ears, troll
Sorry, "Coach"...😁

Sorry, "Coach"...😁
lol, exactly what I thought. Asked for something of substance or to elaborate on a "critical observation", and that's all you have. Run along troll, let the grown-ups talk now...there are plenty of threads for you to go act the fool....

You really thought your comment was clever, huh? Fail
it was actually a pretty good burn I thought

the bigger issue you are missing is that many, many UK fans are over the narrative of young team gelling for a March run.

There is not enough historical data to support that its translates to any more success than a traditional approach of building a team that is strong in November,

with the latter benefit of more wins, more SEC regular seasons and more #1 seeds.

Being a fan should be more about supporting your team than looking for every single reason (some of them fake) to criticize your team. That's just my opinion - support your team, not relish in criticism. Team looks pretty good right now, but still some "fans" looking for reasons to hate. Here's some of my favorites from the season so far:

We should NEVER play Justin Edwards - yeah ok, look at him now

DJ should NOT be getting any minutes - yeah ok, look at him now

Will we even make the NCAA Tournament - that's been answered for you

Can't play Ugo, he just clogs the lane - and blocks nearly every shot in the paint!

Cal doesn't let Reed shoot enough - lol, that's my favorite - what an absolute joke!

We aren't even a top 5 team in our own conference - well yes, yes we are

This team can't win playing man to man, HAVE to play zone - we can, and have been, winning with M2M defense

We're bound for disaster because we lost 3 home games in a row - So? We have arguably the best collective wins in the entire nation, primed for a top 3 seed in the NCAA-T, and most likely NOT being sent out west.
didnt read any replies but .. congrats on making one of the dumbest post in the history of rafters . Nothing but extreme overexaggerations from 1% of the fan base , trying to make your self look good or something ? Horrible take

Being a fan should be more about supporting your team than looking for every single reason (some of them fake) to criticize your team. That's just my opinion - support your team, not relish in criticism. Team looks pretty good right now, but still some "fans" looking for reasons to hate. Here's some of my favorites from the season so far:

Can't play Ugo, he just clogs the lane - and blocks nearly every shot in the paint!

Cal doesn't let Reed shoot enough - lol, that's my favorite - what an absolute joke!

This team can't win playing man to man, HAVE to play zone - we can, and have been, winning with M2M defense

We're bound for disaster because we lost 3 home games in a row - So? We have arguably the best collective wins in the entire nation, primed for a top 3 seed in the NCAA-T, and most likely NOT being sent out west.
This is blatant trolling. I thought that was against the rules?

threads like this are just as bad as in the moment complaints

lets recap the season at the moment

did UK win the SEC regular season? no
did UK secure a #1 (or #2) in the tournament? no
has UK won the SECT? no, not yet
has UK made a deep run in the tournament? no, not yet

so what has UK proved as a team to date? they are capable of beating good teams., that's it - let me preface that. they are capable of beating good SEC teams.

that is not the standard of UK by any stretch

its not about looking to hate, but its not about having a little stretch of the team actually looking like a UK team should look and then jumping on here to have some lame call out thread.

Maybe some of the fans are OK with UK losing embarrassing games at the start of the season, not being able to beat good teams until mid February, having no shot at the SEC regular season or securing a #1 or #2 seed, and get a few exciting wins at the end of the season in return.

While I prefer this team doing well now rather than the alternative of them going .500 , they haven't met any bar of UK standards, they have simply performed like you'd expect a talented freshmen team to perform

But what I'm not going to do is celebrate a turn around that UK is back! until the team actually accomplishes something noteworthy.

and just because Edwards is playing well now doesn't justify him being played extensively when he wasn't, same with Wagner. There were lineups where Cal could have been more dedicated to playing consistent producers that might have resulted in wins, positioning the program to be a #1 or #2 seed, extending the all time wins lead and helping the team win compete to win the SEC regular season.

I won't speak to the other points but for now, I'd say the best move is to enjoy the team and hold off on the proclamations until the fans are certain there is no St. Peters out there that has UK's number.
It take a while for freshman to learn to play college ball. Every year we have a team of freshman. That’s basically it. The transfer portal has assured no one will ever stockpile talent anymore. In football Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State fans are pissed they can’t steamroll everyone anymore too. They must stay 3 years. No One will stockpile talent and dominate anymore. I don’t agree with everything Cal does. Especially holding on to that stupid starting five but No One is dominating college basketball anymore. Not us, Not UNC or Duke, Not Kansas. It a new world my friends. Like it or not.

Last edited:
It take a while for freshman to learn to play college ball. Every year we have a team of freshman. That’s basically it. The transfer portal has assured no one will ever stockpile talent anymore. In football Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State fans are pissed they can’t steamroll everyone anymore too. They must stay 3 years. No One will stockpile talent and dominate anymore. I don’t agree with everything Cal does. Especially holding on to that stupid starting five but No One is dominating college basketball anymore. Not us, Not UNC or Duke, Not Kansas. It a new world my friends. Like it or not.
you would have said similar things during Tubby's last years...and then Cal comes along from 2009 - 2015

There always seems to be a crowd that wants to rationalize performance standards to fit the current situation.

I usually stay off the board a day or two after losses. I always check the game threads but never post because I know I'll say something out of anger or frustration but it doesn't bother me seeing it. I've never put anyone on ignore because I actually like reading the discussions and rarely post. I'd rather it be the wild West than a vanilla, everyone be nice and agree, board.

To see your post, one would think that we just made the Final Four or won the national championship. Just 2 years ago we looked good enough to earn a #2 seed. Then as we've seen so many other times under Calipari our team at NCAA tournament time came out as tight as a banjo string and got beat by a 15 seed. It's been 12 years since we won a national championship & 9 years since we've been to the Final Four. If we win the national championship or make the Final Four this year then get back with us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT