ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still care about DOMINANCE

Criticism of Cal is justified. But I have 2 major concerns with the notion that we should be looking for a replacement in the next couple seasons:

1. Do I trust that Barnhart will replace him with someone better? No.

2. What coach is going to want to go to a school that just fired the winningest coach of the past decade with a Championship, Runner Up, and 2 Final Four finishes to his name?
I say thet would look at Cals salary and think of 10 million reasons to give it a try lol

• Haha
Reactions: Will Bithers
I support the program the university puts on the floor. I am not a quitter or fair weather fan. You apparently are. I have seen hard times. These are not hard times.

I’m surprised at you thinking we’d bring in a bunch of kids into the uncertainty presented by this virus and be all sugar and roses. I thought you were an athlete once. This was all very predictable under the circumstances.

What does the Shanghai shivers have to do with the Cats losing 2 of 3?

No it's not at all intended to start fights. I think Cal is becoming bad for UK. I think he is hurting the program by relentlessly force feeding the OAD, turnover, bad coaching, destroyed good home and homes, destroyed traditional rivalries, and more. I could keep going.

I'm a UK fan first.

I was on the Cal train for 11 years.

The thread was intended to see if UK fans still valued all of our accomplishments, and wanted to continue to pursue our level of status, or are we just content with losing all year and getting ready for a probable loss in March because "that's what matters". Cal did that too.,

I'm a bit surprised by you Bass. You've been a fan a long time. Can't believe you're okay with the direction of this program.
Good post. You make a lot of good points that I agree with

Reactions: morgousky
Read that book. Thought he made a good pitch to parents of high profile players. You didn’t think he was talking to you did you? Oops. Coach speak for recruiting. Also, successful people have more than one top priority, or didn’t you get that from the intro to business management school?

Platitudes such as the one you quoted are pretty useless at the level our basketball team has to play in. He is actually doing amazingly well. That you see as high level recruits he sees as raw unrefined kids with potential. That is Kentucky in this age. You cry for Calipari to change. I’d suggest the change is needed from those that can only see one way. You want four year players? Go cheer for a school that recruits players with no options.

Go back to bass fishing. You might know something about that, because you sure in hell don't know what your talking about when it comes to basketball. You sputter a lot of Bull Crap, which your full of, but I doubt anyone on here pays much attention to you. If Cal would change, he might win another National Championship, or he can stay with his way, and will continue to be criticized on here for the way were playing. It's obvious you "Never played the game." Oh! you'll blab about what a great player you were, just like your other Bull Crap. Basketball starts with dribbling, passing, and plays evolve from there. Four or five assists per game, with three times as many turn overs, will not cut it, but evidently you seem to think that is good basketball.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Go back to bass fishing. You might know something about that, because you sure in hell don't know what your talking about when it comes to basketball. You sputter a lot of Bull Crap, which your full of, but I doubt anyone on here pays much attention to you. If Cal would change, he might win another National Championship, or he can stay with his way, and will continue to be criticized on here for the way were playing. It's obvious you "Never played the game." Oh! you'll blab about what a great player you were, just like your other Bull Crap. Basketball starts with dribbling, passing, and plays evolve from there. Four or five assists per game, with three times as many turn overs, will not cut it, but evidently you seem to think that is good basketball.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Then you haven’t been reading. Cal can change everything but it won’t work because the problem is fundamentals. Once he fixes the problem with fundamentals, he won’t need to change anything. You’d think after a decade people would finally understand. I have to admit, you have made it abundantly clear, I was wrong to expect that simple understanding.

Then you haven’t been reading. Cal can change everything but it won’t work because the problem is fundamentals. Once he fixes the problem with fundamentals, he won’t need to change anything. You’d think after a decade people would finally understand. I have to admit, you have made it abundantly clear, I was wrong to expect that simple

Bass, FUNDAMENTALS, FUNDAMENTALS, what the hell are you talking about. Fix the problem with FUNDAMENTALS! These are players who have played enough AAU ball, that is equivalent to one year of college. I was correct, you "Have never played the game." When I was in school, in the First grade, we learned to dribble and pass. I think that is true for most schools in Kentucky. In second, the basket was lowered and we learned to shoot. By the fourth grade, we ran simple plays. In 7th

Reactions: Backer cutter
Bass, FUNDAMENTALS, FUNDAMENTALS, what the hell are you talking about. Fix the problem with FUNDAMENTALS! These are players who have played enough AAU ball, that is equivalent to one year of college. I was correct, you "Have never played the game." When I was in school, in the First grade, we learned to dribble and pass. I think that is true for most schools in Kentucky. In second, the basket was lowered and we learned to shoot. By the fourth grade, we ran simple plays. In 7th

That explains why our spacing, passing, defensive positioning, rotation, guarding the puck and roll is perfect from the first game..... Wait....

You are hysterical. The AAU hasn’t taught fundamentals in 2 decades. That you think the AAU prepares anything for upper echelon college basketball is an embarrassment.

Wasting your time Willie. He (she) is hanging on to Cal’s crotch for dear life. Probably still smell like BCG’ s briefs. Good lord.

Bass, FUNDAMENTALS, FUNDAMENTALS, what the hell are you talking about. Fix the problem with FUNDAMENTALS! These are players who have played enough AAU ball, that is equivalent to one year of college. I was correct, you "Have never played the game." When I was in school, in the First grade, we learned to dribble and pass. I think that is true for most schools in Kentucky. In second, the basket was lowered and we learned to shoot. By the fourth grade, we ran simple plays. In 7th we were running plays, and some of us were playing Jr. Varsity. If they don't know FUNDAMENTALS, what did they learn. With this team, it sure in hell isn't shooting. Cal should have seen that when he recruited them. Don't blame the posters on here because they don't know FUNDAMENTALS and how to shoot, and evidently they don't know how to pass, based on their assists. MY question to you, "What can they do at this time?"
If you can't answer my last question, sensibly, please don't reply. Thanks!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY

Just a question not intended to start fights. We used to pride ourselves on every game. We pumped our head to head records, we abused the SEC and loved it, we enjoyed other things besides a probable loss in March. We loved the players, the tradition, the way we were feared, the way we dominated.

Cal - in my opinion - has done a fantastic Job of convincing a large minority of fans to simply not care about any of that. Does anyone remember what our head to head was against Kansas before Cal got here? Would anyone be cool with Tennessee beating us 15 out of the next 20? I'm simply asking, as long as we have " a shot" in March (whatever that means), are we good with losing all of those great categories on the list, and throwing away our past dominance?

Do you care about UK being number 1, or does that not really matter anymore? Honest question for some, are we good losing as long as there's always a perceived "shot" in March?

Where is everyone on this vital issue which will be the essence of the program moving forward over the next 25 years.

Morg. You’ve had a fire up your @ss for the last week. WTF is up with you? Did your best friend do your wife? Do you have COVID? Did you lose your ability to pleasure your wife that your friend pleasured? Are you off your meds? Did Cal pleasure your wife? Grab yourself man you’re off the rails.

Damn Bill, never took you for an excuse maker. Your new account is disappointing.

btw, no coach at UK has ever lost 4 of 5 to Kansas, but please continue telling everyone how losing is actually the Kentucky way, we just didn't notice.
No clue who Bill is, but allow me to give you a little education into UK basketball, since clearly this is all new for you. It wouldn't be mathematically possible for any coach besides Joe B Hall and Cal to have that kind of record against KU. They are the only coaches that played KU very often. Rupp only played them 3 times. Hall played them a buttload in the 70's and early 80's. Sutton played them 2 times and lost both. Pitino played them twice and split the games. And Smith played them 5 times losing 3 of them. Aside from Hall and Rupp, Cal has the best record againt KU. Since 1985, we have lost to KU 9 times. Most of those losses didn’t occur under cal. You are also leaving out the little caveat that KU didn’t even become a major player until the 1980's. From 1940 - 1980, KU only made the tournament 12 times. In comparison, we made it 25 times in that same period. KU has been much better competitors since the 80's and on. Might explain why most of the losses to them came post 1980.

Secondly, I find it odd you're so hung up UK's and Cal's record against KU, but then you want to hire Beard. Why don't you share with everyone what his record against KU is.....? 🤣

Only a troll would bitch and moan about an arbitrary record and recommended his replacement be someone with an even worse record using that same criteria.

Last edited:
Reactions: woodberry79
There is another aspect to this.

There is a HUGE difference between a kid that wants to go to UK to be a college player and a kid that goes to UK because he *doesn't* want to be a college player.

The latter is our sales pitch, our focus and who we end up with

So we have a team of players who don't want to be here, who see playing for us as a means to an end, something they will endure to get paid. Its not all horrible, but all the work they put in it singularly focused on improving their value to the NBA. There are no more DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller's or Patrick Pattersons going to UK. You might argue that Nick Richards fits that mold, but RIchards was an odd duck, a project 5 star (how is that even possible?) who clearly thought he was one and done when arriving at UK.

Cal isn't motivating these players to work hard with winning a national championship or the implied threat of losing a scholarship, he is motivating them with a future paycheck.

So whats the difference you ask? The sooner the season is over, the sooner they get that paycheck. A week after their last game, they sign with an agent, they get that advance on their contract money and they are driving a Mercedes AMG.

If Cal isn't talking national championship from day one, then why should they?

Meh..just a way to keep football players in shape between seasons. ;)

Pitino isn’t at UL, and hasn’t been in going on 3 seasons. Who tf cares about Cal’s record against Pitino now?

Look at Cal’s record against Self if you want nasty facts.

This thread is about dominance and you have your definition of it so I gave mine. Sorry that upset you so much. What's Self's record against Cal while at UK in the F4? I mean, that's all that counts I'm told by all the know-it-alls here.

This thread is about dominance and you have your definition of it so I gave mine. Sorry that upset you so much. What's Self's record against Cal while at UK in the F4? I mean, that's all that counts I'm told by all the know-it-alls here.

Wow 2 qualifiers necessary. you’re dominating the forced irrelevant narrative game

Reactions: willievic
You're dominating the Cal crying game, especially since your snarky comment that I first replied to won't amount to a hill of beans.....other than you acting butthurt.

Cal’s record against Pitino in 2021 amounts to a hill of beans and you liked your own post in this thread so much you made a new thread about it. Pretty pathetic really. Got your next handle lined up for when you get this one banned too?

Cal’s record against Pitino in 2021 amounts to a hill of beans and you liked your own post in this thread so much you made a new thread about it. Pretty pathetic really. Got your next handle lined up for when you get this one banned too?

No buddy, that thread was started way before I replied here. I just saw your definition of dominance and I gave you mine. Had I known that Cal made you so miserable I probably would have left you alone to wallow.

thanks for proving OP’s point that you’re perfectly fine with losing. You’re a loser so it makes sense!

You haven't proven anything. I'm not fine with losing, but the OP was hinting at us dominating under Pitino......The game is vastly different now and Cal owned Pitino. Keep calling me names, it only makes yourself look weak.

When they have no argument it's all they can do. Just ask them who they would replace Cal with that is going to perform better! It's a riot watching them try to answer.

They love to take smart allec shots at Cal and most of them long for Pitino. Being reminded that Cal dominated Pitino really sets them off. Your name cracks me up. I put Smithers on ignore as he stalked me trying to get me banned.

Keep up the good fight !

They love to take smart allec shots at Cal and most if them long for Pitino. Being reminded that Cal dominated Pitino really sets them off. Your name cracks me up. I put Smithers on ignore as he stalked me trying to get me banned.

Keep up the good fight !
Who do you think got rid of him?

When they have no argument it's all they can do. Just ask them who they would replace Cal with that is going to perform better! It's a riot watching them try to answer.

I don’t want to replace Cal. I want him to do better. Having the worst start both in offense and overall record of his tenure here is not ok. I would like him to adjust his approach to the offense, recruiting, and player development. Is that too much to ask?

Long time coming, IMO. He'd get obsessed with someone he didn't like and become an internet stalker. At least that's how I saw it, so I took the MOD's advice and gave him my own personal ban. (IGNORE)
Bassfan, how many accounts you going to make on here? Lmao

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Whatever makes you feel taller. Knock yourself out and call me whoever you want to. [laughing]
You sure post alike.... maybe a coincidence. I’m just joking around anyway. I could care less if anyone has more then one account. I don’t take stuff on here to seriously. Lol

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT