ADVERTISEMENT

Do we still care about DOMINANCE

morgousky

All-American
Sep 5, 2009
Just a question not intended to start fights. We used to pride ourselves on every game. We pumped our head to head records, we abused the SEC and loved it, we enjoyed other things besides a probable loss in March. We loved the players, the tradition, the way we were feared, the way we dominated.

Cal - in my opinion - has done a fantastic Job of convincing a large minority of fans to simply not care about any of that. Does anyone remember what our head to head was against Kansas before Cal got here? Would anyone be cool with Tennessee beating us 15 out of the next 20? I'm simply asking, as long as we have " a shot" in March (whatever that means), are we good with losing all of those great categories on the list, and throwing away our past dominance?

Do you care about UK being number 1, or does that not really matter anymore? Honest question for some, are we good losing as long as there's always a perceived "shot" in March?

Where is everyone on this vital issue which will be the essence of the program moving forward over the next 25 years.

I cannot believe Kentucky has lost 4 of 5 to Kansas. That's the worst of any coach in history, the only other as bad against Kansas was Tubby and he ran out of town on his 3rd straight.

Dominance Celticat, Dominance. We aren't dominant.

we lose to Tennessee on a regular basis and haven’t beaten a top 25 team by double digits since Obama was president

that’s probably not true but I can’t remember the last time we did either

Cal is as full of shit as a constipated elephant, but that doesn’t change what my eyes see with this squad. I’ll die on a hill that there will not be be 5 teams better than us come tourney time. Sure I want the dominance, but for the second time I ask you @morgousky, what solution do you have, and what can we as fans do to make it achievable? Also, who do we replace Cal with? I’m all ears.

Cal is as full of shit as a constipated elephant, but that doesn’t change what my eyes see with this squad. I’ll die on a hill that there will not be be 5 teams better than us come tourney time. Sure I want the dominance, but for the second time I ask you @morgousky, what solution do you have, and what can we as fans do to make it achievable? Also, who do we replace Cal with? I’m all ears.

I've already laid it out there. You seemed to completely not answer the question either. Are you saying you aren't concerned with anything really except a shot in march?

I'd watch as Cal changes nothing, and at the end of next season I'd buy him out and move on Beard if he wanted it.

Cal is not the only coach in America.

I've already laid it out there. You seemed to completely not answer the question either. Are you saying you aren't concerned with anything really except a shot in march?

I'd watch as Cal changes nothing, and at the end of next season I'd buy him out and move on Beard if he wanted it.

I’ve already moved on. Tried to watch first half last night, but got distracted by something, and finally went to bed knowing we would lose. This ain’t basketball anymore, plain and simple. It’s auditioning for a job. And it isn’t worth watching. I have been a fan since the late 60’s, but it’s about over for me. This isn’t what basketball should be like, so they can play on without me supporting them, I’m done for.

What has Chris Beard shown to leave you to feel he can dominate here? He lost THIRTEEN games last year and has lost 44 in his last 4 years combined. Dominant indeed.

I’d rather have a team that I know has a great chance to win it all in March and continues to get better, than a team that dominates throughout the year and is caught by the more talented teams in the tourney. Duke isn’t doing it better. Nor is Kansas. Michigan state. Is regular season dominance more important than having a real shot when it counts to you?

7 elite 8’s in 10 qualifying years. I think that’s good enough for me. Yes, I would love the dominance, but no school is doing it better than Cal in his 11 years at having a chance year in and year out. He’s cheesy and his teams are painful early, but you can’t realistically name a replacement that makes more sense than what we have.

You want it all, as do I and any other fan out there, but I’m also realistic. All is not lost, yet. If I’m wrong about this team and we lose 12-13 games, then maybe. But until then, I’ll continue to avoid the childish “sky is falling” rhetoric, and give this team time to show what it truly is.

Criticism of Cal is justified. But I have 2 major concerns with the notion that we should be looking for a replacement in the next couple seasons:

1. Do I trust that Barnhart will replace him with someone better? No.

2. What coach is going to want to go to a school that just fired the winningest coach of the past decade with a Championship, Runner Up, and 2 Final Four finishes to his name?

Criticism of Cal is justified. But I have 2 major concerns with the notion that we should be looking for a replacement in the next couple seasons:

1. Do I trust that Barnhart will replace him with someone better? No.

2. What coach is going to want to go to a school that just fired the winningest coach of the past decade with a Championship, Runner Up, and 2 Final Four finishes to his name?
I’d say any coach looks at UK and say, how the hell can Cal not win with all that talent. I bet I can win with it. They do t even consider your excuse. They just want the chance to coach UK.

Beard just isn’t the answer. Move on to someone else.
Beard is not coming to Kentucky regardless. He and his wife have ties to Lubbock and as long as he can get them in the tournament on a consistent basis he'll have it made. What he's making goes a long way in Lubbock due to the low cost of living.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

In 16, 17 ,18 ,and 19 we were not in the TOP 5, and I'm willing to bet whatever you want, we will not make the Final Four this year.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

What has Chris Beard shown to leave you to feel he can dominate here? He lost THIRTEEN games last year and has lost 44 in his last 4 years combined. Dominant indeed.

I’d rather have a team that I know has a great chance to win it all in March and continues to get better, than a team that dominates throughout the year and is caught by the more talented teams in the tourney. Duke isn’t doing it better. Nor is Kansas. Michigan state. Is regular season dominance more important than having a real shot when it counts to you?

7 elite 8’s in 10 qualifying years. I think that’s good enough for me. Yes, I would love the dominance, but no school is doing it better than Cal in his 11 years at having a chance year in and year out. He’s cheesy and his teams are painful early, but you can’t realistically name a replacement that makes more sense than what we have.

You want it all, as do I and any other fan out there, but I’m also realistic. All is not lost, yet. If I’m wrong about this team and we lose 12-13 games, then maybe. But until then, I’ll continue to avoid the childish “sky is falling” rhetoric, and give this team time to show what it truly is.

I think every fan on here has a different opinion of what is successful. When you have the NUMBER 1 recruiting class EVERY YEAR, I believe the expectations are high. How many years has it been since we went to the Final Four, or are you just want to prove your point by lowering the bar. I believe other teams have won NCs and two or three teams have won 2 NC's. Evidently you want to hang banners for Elite 8 finishes. In my occupation, my day would have been spoiled for even finishing second.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Some of you are going to remember these Beard comments when he's at Kansas. And lol, who in the world thinks he's staying at TT? It's not going to happen. Why do so many of you say things like "his money goes a long way in Lubbock" lmao. What does that even mean?

Good grief the crap some people just throw out there.

I think Cal isn't that successful anymore in the tournament. I think our records, head to heads, SEC history, all extremely important and part of what makes UK, UK.

Some of you are in a dream world, and will eventually wake up to see UK mirroring Indiana, and you'll never realize you were part of the problem.

Cal should not be allowed to cancel our home and homes, dismantle the traditions, and tell me to like it because he might get to an elite 8. That's absurd.

If you aren't paying attention, apathy its setting in. Cal is totally a large part of that problem.

Kentucky is trending down, and it's sad to see our fans allow John Calipari's used salesman routine butcher this program.

He will eventually leave, and when he does there will be no roster, and a wake of negatives. Everywhere he's been, he left hated. It will not be different here.

You'll see.

I want us to dominate every game but that isn't realistic with so much turnover, we need in house upperclassmen that knows the system and how to play on the road in hostile situations, just hasn't really happened (Nick)
Right now I just want to win, and to get used to the winning tradition again. Loved it when teams would count loses before we even played the game. Nobody is scared anymore.

I think Cal isn't that successful anymore in the tournament. I think our records, head to heads, SEC history, all extremely important and part of what makes UK, UK.

Some of you are in a dream world, and will eventually wake up to see UK mirroring Indiana, and you'll never realize you were part of the problem.

Cal should not be allowed to cancel our home and homes, dismantle the traditions, and tell me to like it because he might get to an elite 8. That's absurd.

If you aren't paying attention, apathy its setting in. Cal is totally a large part of that problem.

Kentucky is trending down, and it's sad to see our fans allow John Calipari's used salesman routine butcher this program.

He will eventually leave, and when he does there will be no roster, and a wake of negatives. Everywhere he's been, he left hated. It will not be different here.

You'll see.
Insert a random “you people are crazy “ tweet and some brownies and the fan base will get suckered right in again.

Fire worthless Mark Stoops and use that money to offer Brad Stevens an offer he cant refuse. Of course Barnhart has Stoops with a golden parachute so we can't rid ourselves of him either.

Well F Cal needs to do something. I'm sick and tired of his crap style and care free loser attitude.
I do not like to respond to you on yet another thread that tells us all how you hate Cal. I am like a couple of others that have said, at tourney time we will be one of the best teams in the country. You want domination? That aint happening man at any school. We are the most known program in the US and we have won 8 titles in our history . Your hate for Cal is pathetic.

Reactions: HoneyMoon155
I do not like to respond to you on yet another thread that tells us all how you hate Cal. I am like a couple of others that have said, at tourney time we will be one of the best teams in the country. You want domination? That aint happening man at any school. We are the most known program in the US and we have won 8 titles in our history . Your hate for Cal is pathetic.

I've followed Cal, been a supporter much longer than you I can guarantee you that. I know how he rolls, you kiss his ass.

I don't care that at the tourney we will have a team that can win a few games. That's all they'll do. And you better hope we even get there this year. My point is we are losing out on a lot of what we've always been good at because he convinced you only his march loss matters. it's pathetic.

Domination aint happening at any school?

Look at you, Mr. Indiana. Cal has dumbed some of you down so far you couldn't understand success if he won 3 straight titles.

Insert a random “you people are crazy “ tweet and some brownies and the fan base will get suckered right in again.

Kentucky. 3-3 start, look like shit, lost 6 straight to Kansas,

Cal - Hey, hey, listen to me.....

you people are crazy.....

fans - That Cal is so..........just so something.....love the guy.

Cal wanted Kentucky because he could sell this shit here better than he could anywhere else. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I've followed Cal, been a supporter much longer than you I can guarantee you that. I know how he rolls, you kiss his ass.

I don't care that at the tourney we will have a team that can win a few games. That's all they'll do. And you better hope we even get there this year. My point is we are losing out on a lot of what we've always been good at because he convinced you only his march loss matters. it's pathetic.

Domination aint happening at any school?

Look at you, Mr. Indiana. Cal has dumbed some of you down so far you couldn't understand success if he won 3 straight titles.
Thank you Zipp. Now go count your "likes" that you receive from the same 5 or 6 people. You are not a person to talk about supportive fans being Dumbed down. That is like being called ugly by a possum.

Thank you Zipp. Now go count your "likes" that you receive from the same 5 or 6 people. You are not a person to talk about supportive fans being Dumbed down. That is like being called ugly by a possum.

Oh Zipp, you got me.

I'm a fan of KENTUCKY. You're a fan of CALIPARI.

You are the bad fan, you're just not bright enough to see it.

How do you define domination? Because I would say that although Kentucky has the greatest program ever, we’ve only dominated 2 or 3 five year stretches in the last 40 years.

Reactions: jrpross and gbl97
Oh Zipp, you got me.

I'm a fan of KENTUCKY. You're a fan of CALIPARI.

You are the bad fan, you're just not bright enough to see it.
If Cal left tomorrow I would thank him and applaud his time here. I would support the program just as I have for many years. I came on at the end of the Rupp years. Never saw him win an NCAA by the way. I supported Joe B. , Rick, although I wasn't sad when he left, Tubby, to a much less level and Billy G for one year. It was quickly obvious to most that Billy and UK did not make a good fit. You are just like Zipp. If people do not agree with you, you say they are not fans. I say again, you are pathetic.

If Cal left tomorrow I would thank him and applaud his time here. I would support the program just as I have for many years. I came on at the end of the Rupp years. Never saw him win an NCAA by the way. I supported Joe B. , Rick, although I wasn't sad when he left, Tubby, to a much less level and Billy G for one year. It was quickly obvious to most that Billy and UK did not make a good fit. You are just like Zipp. If people do not agree with you, you say they are not fans. I say again, you are pathetic.

Oh, it was obvious that Billy and UK weren't a good fit huh.....

You think so mr. thunker?

Do not lie, you were totally in support of Billy G almost all the way through until the very end when you finally had to give it up. You're a casual fan who just wants to watch and have a worther's original with grandpa.

• Haha
Reactions: Will Bithers
OP you need to stop some of this crap you try and start after we lose. Cal isn't good in the half court offense that is just facts, Cal loses players now to other programs because of his awful style of play. It's ugly and people wonder why we lost them to other programs, well because you can get drafted high with any team,.. coach. Hell UGA had a player go #1. So yeah Duke is the new it school again (thank god nothing to show for it past 5 years). We will lose to a crappy team AU or K State at times.

BUT the reason why I don't get to upset right now is because I know Cal will figure it out soon. Maybe 2 years from now but he will be on top again and I'll bet the farm on it.

It will be clear and night and day and you'll look foolish trying to talk the fanbase into a mid level coach like you re trying to tonight.

OP you need to stop some of this crap you try and start after we lose. Cal isn't good in the half court offense that is just facts, Cal loses players now to other programs because of his awful style of play. It's ugly and people wonder why we lost them to other programs, well because you can get drafted high with any team,.. coach. Hell UGA had a player go #1. So yeah Duke is the new it school again (thank god nothing to show for it past 5 years). We will lose to a crappy team AU or K State at times.

BUT the reason why I don't get to upset right now is because I know Cal will figure it out soon. Maybe 2 years from now but he will be on top again and I'll bet the farm on it.

It will be clear and night and day and you'll look foolish trying to talk the fanbase into a mid level coach like you re trying to tonight.

That mid level coach has out performed Cal of late, and at TT.

But don't mind that, just enjoy the one time of year Cal allows you to cheer for. The March loss.

• Haha
Reactions: Will Bithers
During the Smith years, the mediocrity stench grew strong. That mediocrity bled over into fans. Around that same time ESPN and the like began promoting conferences more than teams. That’s when a large percentage of our fan base began to feel this “SEC Family” thing. Our fans began pulling for other SEC teams to be successful against other conferences regular season and tournament. To me, that’s always been insane as a Kentucky fan. I don’t want any SEC teams to win any more than I want any ACC teams to win. None of those SEC teams pull for Kentucky, ever. I believe that’s where this problem began. The killer instinct and dominance of Kentucky fans fell apart around that time and has been in decline since.

Cal kicked his ass against him on the ROAD as an underdog just last season lol

Oh, so Cal beats a Texas Tech team with Kentucky and therefore he's just that much more superior.

Beard has been more impressive than Cal. Sorry hat bothers you.

By your logic, in that same time, Bill Self has kicked Cals ass almost yearly, and Coach K pounded his ass worse than UK has ever seen. Barnes is beating Cal, friggin Walter McCarty, lol

What does that make Cal? He's at UK after all, Beard at TT

Just a question not intended to start fights. We used to pride ourselves on every game. We pumped our head to head records, we abused the SEC and loved it, we enjoyed other things besides a probable loss in March. We loved the players, the tradition, the way we were feared, the way we dominated.

Cal - in my opinion - has done a fantastic Job of convincing a large minority of fans to simply not care about any of that. Does anyone remember what our head to head was against Kansas before Cal got here? Would anyone be cool with Tennessee beating us 15 out of the next 20? I'm simply asking, as long as we have " a shot" in March (whatever that means), are we good with losing all of those great categories on the list, and throwing away our past dominance?

Do you care about UK being number 1, or does that not really matter anymore? Honest question for some, are we good losing as long as there's always a perceived "shot" in March?

Where is everyone on this vital issue which will be the essence of the program moving forward over the next 25 years.

Of course it’s intended to start fights. It’s only intention is baiting. We’re on the path we’re on. Nothing is going to change that. We are coming off 2 losses under very difficult circumstances due to the virus. Bottom line is this KY is the number one program of all time. Anyone but a hapless fool knows every moment is not your brightest moment.

You are taking advantage of the circumstances and baiting a select group of accounts on this board to pile on. Just own it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT