ADVERTISEMENT

I'd Call Bobby Hurley

IrishMike409

Freshman
Nov 27, 2011
The program badly needs toughness, grit, and a commitment to winning. Bobby Hurley brings those things here Day-1.

He's the best shot to become Danny Hurley.

I don't care about him being a Duke guy, and UK fans hating Duke. I care about UK winning and being great....Hurley gets us there. Fans would immediately love his style and commitment to playing basketball the right way. We'd quickly go back to being the program/team that we all loved and we're proud of.

I'm not proud of "this" version of UK basketball. Bobby Hurley is the "anti-Cal".

Last edited:
The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

The program badly needs toughness, grit, and a commitment to winning. Bobby Hurley brings fish here Day-1.

I don't care about him being a Duke guy, and UK fans hating Duke. I care about UK winning and being great....Hurley gets us there. Fans would immediately love his style and commitment to playing basketball the right way. We'd quickly go back to being the program/team that we all loved and we're proud of.

I'm not proud of "this" version of UK basketball. Bobby Hurley is the "anti-Cal".
Don't use "WE" in this stupidness.. WE're not with you on that..

The program badly needs toughness, grit, and a commitment to winning. Bobby Hurley brings fish here Day-1.

I’m with you man. I like Bobby. Biggest mistake he ever made was taking the AZ State job. He killed it at Buffalo and is Nate Oats’ mentor. He’s a fiery guy with a fundamentally sound, team first, old school mentality. He owns racehorses. On top of all that, you could get him on the cheap.

He’s worth a serious look IMO.

• Wow
Reactions: track42
I don’t know about you all but I don’t even think of duke. They are of no substance to us and I often forget they exist. I could care less if it’s a “duke guy”

They’re as important to me as vandy

I’m with you man. I like Bobby. Biggest mistake he ever made was taking the AZ State job. He killed it at Buffalo and is Nate Oats’ mentor. He’s a fiery guy with a fundamentally sound, team first, old school mentality. He owns racehorses. On top of all that, you could get him on the cheap.

He’s worth a serious look IMO.
Your user name checks out.

Reactions: catzcan
I don’t know about you all but I don’t even think of duke. They are of no substance to us and I often forget they exist. I could care less if it’s a “duke guy”

They’re as important to me as vandy
Agree with you. But a major part of this fan base is obsessed w Duke.

Reactions: Duke Blu
The program badly needs toughness, grit, and a commitment to winning. Bobby Hurley brings those things here Day-1.

Stupid

.542 winning percentage in the horrible PAC-12, 3 tournament appearances since 2015, never made it past first weekend. Hard pass.
Reasonable response. You're correct...those numbers are ugly, but Danny struggled too.

Bobby Hurley is the best bet to become Danny Hurley. Who else is a better option now? Donovan ain't coming.

Tommie Lloyd?
Golden?
Pearl?

Fine, but none of them really excite me.

I honestly don’t like that name being at uk anyways, Bobby a ****ing punk, always has been always will be

There was a time about 10 years ago that I would've said Hurley would have been a coach in waiting for Duke (when he was at Buffalo) but he's not done a thing of note at Arizona State. I was shocked they extended his contract after this season.

Why is this a thread
No uk fan would want Bobby Hurley
You need to get in tune with reality: Top young coaches are turning and running from this shit show. The SEC is kicking our ass. We can't win a tournament game. Things have changed in college basketball.

UK gets tough and gritty and focused on winning basketball......or we'll continue to be a middle of the pack SEC team. Sounds like you want it that way, as long as the coach has no connection to Duke.

I watched Bobby blow a game in Fort Worth this year against TCU because some drunk kids behind the ASU bench were heckling him. They weren't even saying anything obscene or vulgar. But it clearly rattled him and they got two bench T's right after that. Went from winning the game to getting blown out. One of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen.

Last edited:
You need to get in tune with reality: Top young coaches are turning and running from this shit show. The SEC is kicking our ass. We can't win a tournament game. Things have changed in college basketball.

UK gets tough and gritty and focused on winning basketball......or we'll continue to be a middle of the pack SEC team. Sounds like you want it that way, as long as the coach has no connection to Duke.
Yes you are right
I want no connection to Duke, especially not that close of a connection. I still remember 92.

Better yet, Bob Hurley Sr.

Make the call Mitch!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT