ADVERTISEMENT

Did UT loss eliminate UK’s chances at 2 seed?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
I think UK would have needed to play and beat UT in the SEC championship game. And it also drops UT to the 2 line. Can’t see the committee wanting UT and UK at 2.

I think UK would have needed to play and beat UT in the SEC championship game. And it also drops UT to the 2 line. Can’t see the committee wanting UT and UK at 2.
Playing auburn in the finals wouldn’t make a huge difference. If the path is through bama and auburn both are top 10 net teams we will shoot up.

In a sane world.. if UK wins the SECT while Tennessee gets upset in the 1st round.. that should be enough to move us past them.. maybe we're both 2 seed, but we are one spot higher. Us in the midwest and them in the south.

We split the series, but beat them as of late, and we won a tournament THEY were the favorites in, adding several more Q1 wins.

Why do fans need to "focus"? We have no input on the outcome of any game.
I never understood this. As if me looking past someone is going to affect the team. The team may or may not overlook someone, but the way I feel about the current game will have absolutely no impact on the game. I’m focused on the NCAA championship game and don’t care about the path to get there. Is the team now screwed that I have overlooked the 8 teams we will play to get there?

How about we just win then? And worry about a non existent 2 seed after.
You do what you do, others will do what they do. If you want to focus on tonight and not stress about tomorrow's what-if, that's your choice, just like it's others' choices if they want to analyze what if future scenarios.

Either way, neither of us have any impact on the outcome of our game here shortly...

Reactions: TM2013 and 4UK4Life
No, here are the impacts of that game:

-UT won’t get the 1 out west, more than likely is the 2 in the MW. (Though if UK wins the SECT they would have a better resume, that’s a different conversation).
-MSU has a good chance of being a Q1 win at Rupp after that beatdown. Could pick up 2 Q1 wins tonight due to that.

Reactions: TM2013
The SEC title game is played so late on selection Sunday that the seeding is done by the time tourney ends

TN losing opens up the tourney a little bit. A 9 seed in sec beat a 1 seed.....

We just need to take it one game at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT