ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody think a 2 seed is possible?

Catman100

Senior
Jan 3, 2003
Lexington, KY
Yea that Sunday final has screwed UK many times, and even winning the SEC this year probably get's UK no better than a 3 seed.

But who else gets it?

Not sure any of the following teams drop out of the 1-2 seed line:
Houston, Purdue, Uconn, UNC, Tenn, AZ. Does Tenn with an early loss?

That leaves 2 number 2 seeds for the following teams:
Creighton, Iowa St, Marquette, Duke, Illinois and UK.

Iowa St and Creighton are ranked ahead of UK, and perhaps if they win their conference tourneys are probably more deserving of a 2 seed even if UK does. But what if neither win? Or only one does?

Can you still justify them getting 2 seeds if UK wins? Can you justify someone ranked below UK getting a 2 seed if UK wins?

I have a feeling Sunday around 6pm we are not going to be happy if we won the SEC 3 hours earlier.

Some other bad metric numbers against us

SOR = 17
KPI = 17
BPI = 20
TR = 20

Basically every single metric out there says we are 5 seed.

This is why 3 seed would be the absolute max and if the committee falls in love with the metrics more then the play on the court we might only be a 4 seed.

Yea that Sunday final has screwed UK many times, and even winning the SEC this year probably get's UK no better than a 3 seed.

But who else gets it?

Iowa St and Creighton are ranked ahead of UK, and perhaps if they win their conference tourneys are probably more deserving of a 2 seed even if UK does. But what if neither win? Or only one does?

Can you still justify them getting 2 seeds if UK wins? Can you justify someone ranked below UK getting a 2 seed if UK wins?

I have a feeling Sunday around 6pm we are not going to be happy if we won the SEC 3 hours earlier.
I think it’s possible if we win the SECT. It depends on what the other 2s do but we are ranked 9. That’s on the cusp of a 2.

Some other bad metric numbers against us

SOR = 17
KPI = 17
BPI = 20
TR = 20

Basically every single metric out there says we are 5 seed.

This is why 3 seed would be the absolute max and if the committee falls in love with the metrics more then the play on the court we might only be a 4 seed.

It will be wherever they can rig the matchup against UK the best on what seed we are.

Doubt it. However, I honestly believe Uk is better than all those other teams vying for the 2-seed. Just the couple bad losses this year may prevent it.
Take away UNC-W and we would. LSU and Florida finish those and we are a lock. But we didn’t. I haven’t seen anyone mention the fact that in every loss we have not had a full roster though. That should be taken into account.

Kentucky going to have to make the final probably win it and get a lot of help to get a
2 seed

But who else gets it?

No, 3 seed is best case scenario. We all love UK but the record speaks for itself this year imo.

Their floor is a 4 seed now. The 5 went out the window when they beat tenn Saturday, it’s either 4 seed or continually improve this weekend to a 3 seed or a 2 seed
Disagree but who knows glad we are safely in the field and hope we keep winning to make the committee think hard to seed us as high as possible

It would make sense that one of the hottest teams in the country winning their conference championship from one of the toughest conferences would at least get a 2 seed, so will the selection committee see it that way? I say yes

I’m looking at the rankings and not any NET or kenpom stuff. I’m old school.

My point is about a 2 seed, nothing else. And if UK wins the SEC, nothing else.

If that happens, and let’s say Iowa St wins the Big 12, I probably got them as a 2.

But after that what the heck happens?
Is Creighton, Marquette, Illinois or Duke gonna have a better resume winning their conference tourney over a UK team on a ten game winning streak after winning the conference championship in the toughest conference in the country?

If Iowa St, Creighton. And Marquette don’t make it to their conference final, and UK wins theirs, how do you not have UK on the 2 line.

I expect us to get screwed Sunday, can’t wait to see how badly.

Reactions: susan2361
Make it to Saturday and win. That's all we can do. They never count the Sunday game, and have been up front about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT