UK ( 7-4 in the SEC)
@ Auburn
@ LSU
Bama
@ Miss. State
Arkansas
Vandy
@ Tenn.

IF UK can go 5-1 the rest of the way, they are 1 game out of 2nd place (at worst), and Auburn and others ahead have some losses left on their schedule. Even the leaders 2 games ahead have several tough games left. This thing is FAR from over. We just need to win and let the rest take care of itself. When our home games, split the Auburn/ UT on the road games and beat the teams we should beat on the road. (LSU, Miss. State) Definitely doable, we just can't afford anymore slip ups. This why I haven't give up on the team yet. We play defense like we did last night, we CAN go 5-1. Even 4-2 puts us at 11-6. Lets just focus on finishing 2nd / 3rd. Need to cheer for Arkansas (home vs UT) and probably SC tonight (@ Auburn). If Auburn and UT both lose tonight, we are tied for 3rd (well .5 game back of Auburn , they would be 8-4, UT would be 7-4) @ Auburn Saturday is HUGE, and I think we match up well with them, we just need to bring the energy for a full game.

Last edited:
Auburn looks to have the easiest road ahead of them.
I agree. But ,, SC / UK / @ UT are VERY losable games. @ Georgia (depending on which Georgia team shows up) can be tricky. They had both UT and Bama down dd's. They just have to learn to finish. I think they lose 3 more games. So the next 4 games for Auburn will determine where they will end up. They will NOT lose all 4, hoping for 3 and UK being one of them. Bama and SC has at least 4 tough games remaining and UT has about the same. All of the contenders will play one another at one point or another, we just need to focus on US and take care of business and get a tough road win. I THINK 4-2 will get us in the top 4, getting a bye for Thursday, just get a bye, and it doesn't really matter how the bracket shapes up, you will have to beat some good teams to win the SEC tournament.

At this point I would be okay with just getting to fourth and getting a bye. That will be a difficult task.
Agree, but EVERYONE has a difficult task left. All of the teams ahead of us with 3 losses could just as easily stumble down the stretch. I believe the winner will have 4 losses, maybe even 5. I can see with there is a chance BOTH Bama and SC drop 3 maybe even 4 more games.

Bama with A&M, Florida, @UK, @ Ole Miss, UT, @ Florida is a tough 6 game grind. Arkansas at home is the only 100% sure win.

SC with @ Auburn, @ Ole Miis, @ A&M, Florida, Tenn. and @ Miss. State is no cake walk. They COULD lose 4 more and it wouldn't surprise me. Same with Bama. Buckle up, it is going to be a wild ride to the finish.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Or a game out of 3. However you wish to look at it. I figure you would be along sooner or later to spew your negative, Cal hate. Like i said before, he deserves some criticism, but YOU take it over board EVERY day, EVERY thread. So you think ALL of the teams ahead of us in the standings will not lose any more ? Impossible as several will play each other. SC @ Auburn tonight, somebody WILL lose. If Auburn loses, they drop to 8-4, if SC loses, they will be 9-3. UK will be either be a game back of 2nd place SC or tied in the loss column with Auburn for 4th.

SC (9-2 in the SEC)
@ Auburn
LSU
@ Ole Miss
@ A&M
Florida
Tenn.
@ Miss. State

Bama (9-2 in the SEC)
A&M
Florida
@UK
@ Ole Miss
Tenn.
@ Florida
Arkansas

Tenn. (7-3 in the SEC)
@ Arkansas
Vandy
@ Mizzou
A&M
Auburn
@ Bama
@ SC
UK

Auburn ( 8-3 in the SEC)
SC
UK
@ Georgia
@ UT
Miss. State
@ Mizzou
Georgia

UK ( 7-4 in the SEC)
@ Auburn
@ LSU
Bama
@ Miss. State
Arkansas
Vandy
@ Tenn.

IF UK can go 5-1 the rest of the way, they are 1 game out of 2nd place (at worst), and Auburn and others ahead have some losses left on their schedule. Even the leaders 2 games ahead have several tough games left. This thing is FAR from over. We just need to win and let the rest take care of itself. When our home games, split the Auburn/ UT on the road games and beat the teams we should beat on the road. (LSU, Miss. State) Definitely doable, we just can't afford anymore slip ups. This why I haven't give up on the team yet. We play defense like we did last night, we CAN go 5-1. Even 4-2 puts us at 11-6. Lets just focus on finishing 2nd / 3rd. Need to cheer for Arkansas (home vs UT) and probably SC tonight (@ Auburn). If Auburn and UT both lose tonight, we are tied for 3rd (well .5 game back of Auburn , they would be 8-4, UT would be 7-4) @ Auburn Saturday is HUGE, and I think we match up well with them, we just need to bring the energy for a full game.
Yeah, the what if game....if we had not lost 4 SEC game, we would be in first place. What is the purpose of living in fantasy land?

Wait, we’re talking about the SEC title? Don’t even get your hopes up. Everyone is going to want to beat us, regardless of where we stand. We’d basically need to be perfect the rest of the way, as well as other really good teams to falter. That’s not happening

Auburn 14-4 (easiest sched by far)
TN 13-5
Alabama 13-5
So Car 12-6 (they win tie break over UK)
UK 12-6 at best

Don't see UK as a legit contender and think after Auburn beats our asses that will 99.99% ensure we are not 4th or higher. Even if we finish 12 and 6 three of the other 4 teams have tie breakers except Bama (assuming we somehow beat them and win at lsu and at msu).

Reactions: RunninRichie
Even 4-2 puts us at 11-6.

Correction: 12-6

USC (9-3) I think S Carolina will lose 3 of their remaining games, putting them at 12-6.

Bama (9-2) I think Alabama will lose 4 more, including the one against us, 12-6

Auburn (9-3) I think they will lose just 1 more. 14-4

Tennessee (8-3) I think they will drop 2 more. 13-5

Three or more teams tied - (A) Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three (B) Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the highest seeded common opponent (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).

With (A) that would be UK at 1-1, Bama would be 1-1, and USC would be 1-1
With (B-1) - Auburn - UK would be 0-1, Bama be 1-1, and USC would be 0-1, Bama gets the 3 seed
With (B-2) - Tennessee - UK would be 0-2, and USC would be 1-1, USC gets the 4 seed

We really need to beat Auburn at Auburn or Tennessee at Tennessee to have a top seed, or get a total collapse from one of these teams.

Correction: 12-6

USC (9-3) I think S Carolina will lose 3 of their remaining games, putting them at 12-6.

Bama (9-2) I think Alabama will lose 4 more, including the one against us, 12-6

Auburn (9-3) I think they will lose just 1 more. 14-4

Tennessee (8-3) I think they will drop 2 more. 13-5

Three or more teams tied - (A) Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three (B) Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the highest seeded common opponent (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).

With (A) that would be UK at 1-1, Bama would be 1-1, and USC would be 1-1
With (B-1) - Auburn - UK would be 0-1, Bama be 1-1, and USC would be 0-1, Bama gets the 3 seed
With (B-2) - Tennessee - UK would be 0-2, and USC would be 1-1, USC gets the 4 seed

We really need to beat Auburn at Auburn or Tennessee at Tennessee to have a top seed, or get a total collapse from one of these teams.
That ain’t happening…it will be Aub, TN, Ala and SC with the double byes

SC (9-2 in the SEC)
@ Auburn
LSU
@ Ole Miss
@ A&M
Florida
Tenn.
@ Miss. State

Bama (9-2 in the SEC)
A&M
Florida
@UK
@ Ole Miss
Tenn.
@ Florida
Arkansas

Tenn. (7-3 in the SEC)
@ Arkansas
Vandy
@ Mizzou
A&M
Auburn
@ Bama
@ SC
UK

Auburn ( 8-3 in the SEC)
SC
UK
@ Georgia
@ UT
Miss. State
@ Mizzou
Georgia

UK ( 7-4 in the SEC)
@ Auburn
@ LSU
Bama
@ Miss. State
Arkansas
Vandy
@ Tenn.

Sadly they will not be going 5-1 much better chance they go 1-5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT