ADVERTISEMENT

25” 5 * wing Will Riley

Riley is very likely to reclass and has height/guard skills. Played his HS ball in PA and was leading scorer on the EYBL 16U level last year and moved up to 17U for UPlay Canada for Peach Jam too. 6'9 wing.

He's considered a consensus top 25 player in '25 class which is high level group of talent.

Would be a helluva pickup.

Riley is very likely to reclass and has height/guard skills. Played his HS ball in PA and was leading scorer on the EYBL 16U level last year and moved up to 17U for UPlay Canada for Peach Jam too. 6'9 wing.

He's considered a consensus top 25 player in '25 class which is high level group of talent.

Would be a helluva pickup.
Do you know if this is the player referred to in that thread about a late add a few months later? It’s another new thread and I tagged you in it.

Do you know if this is the player referred to in that thread about a late add a few months later? It’s another new thread and I tagged you in it.
I don't know anything about that--but I do know that Riley's kind of put his plan out there and it sure seemed like he was going to reclassify--even when Cal was still coaching but UK wouldn't be the choice because of the heavy incoming FR class already. Now things have changed.

Supposed to be setting up an OV this week.

Big time take. Hart, Brooks, Fueger and Pope are working their ass off behind the scenes. I know we all want hourly updates but have a feeling they are making moves and connections that will eventually round out this team with some studs. Possibly some players who haven’t even hit the portal yet.

If the push is for less hot shot freshmen and more seasoned players, I would caution against. This kid is way more likely to be a Hami Diallo or freshman Ugo than a Reid Travis.

Just sayin...
Pattern your program after UCONN get a couple 5* freshman that hopefully contribute immediately but not a team built mostly with them. If they fail to meet expectations it’s not destroying your season.

If the push is for less hot shot freshmen and more seasoned players, I would caution against. This kid is way more likely to be a Hami Diallo or freshman Ugo than a Reid Travis.

Just sayin...
Bring him in. I expect UK is going to add 2 to 3 more high level transfers. But they are still going to need bodies for next season. I don’t think we have to worry any longer about freshmen being given starting positions over better upperclassmen just to keep the OAD train going. So for next season, and after UK gets the starter-type transfers in place and any other good likely multi-year guys they can find, if any, bring all the 5-star freshmen that’ll come – even the OADs. Good freshmen make for good depth off the bench. If he can win a starting job all the better. And if he leaves after one year, so be it - for next season anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT