ADVERTISEMENT

Briscoe really motivated from not getting drafted.

Broscoe has lots of areas to work and improve on,but even if he gets better it won't be good enough for the Big Dogs.....,,

A lot of leagues overseas only allow 1 or 2 non Europeans on each team. He might play somewhere but I don't think he will make it in the premier Euro leagues. Probably somewhere he really don't want to be. I hope he makes a good living playing ball but he should have been a 4 year player from the word go.

100% chance Cal starts Briscoe.

Oh yeah he'd start........ I'm in the thank god Briscoe is gone boat. His remarks about UK being behind him........and being the one guy who left UK this year not to just gush over his time at UK is very telling....... so long briscoe... have fun in china.

I know many posters here defend him with those comments he made but sorry... you just dont make those comments trying to put your past behind you without looking on that past negatively...

He and everyone else who expected a different outcome were severely mislead.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about a 6'1 guard who cant shoot, isn't an assist machine/facilitator, or lock down defender.

Well he's tough and has heart. That's great and a dime a dozen in the D-league. Hell, I can find scrappy dudes with heart on the concretes in lexington.

I appreciate IB for being a cat and working hard while here, but he was oversold from day 1. Hawk who can shoot somewhat, pass, defend, is a freak athlete, has equal if not more heart, should have started over him.

He should have rode the UK ball player gravy train for 2 more years, gotten a degree, and then gone over seas to collect whatever money he could.

Staying 2 more years at UK cuts into the number of years he can earn money playing basketball anywhere. Why not start now. College is not going to make him better at basketball than "overseas" is going to make him. He can always go get his degree. "Liftetime scholarships", right?

He should have come back one more year at least. Look at the mock draft for next year. Only one PG is predicted to go in the top 20 and 3 total in the first round. All are in the 6'1 to 6'2 range. Two are possible one and done players and who knows if they do well enough to leave early.

He chose to leave when there were 6 in the first round with 5 being top 10 picks. That isn't even including likely combo guards Monk and Mitchell. He had no chance to be drafted this year.

He could have came back and played lead guard and worked on his weaknesses one more year and who knows what happens. He needs to show he can run a team. He didn't get to do that very often his first 2 years with better PG's here.
You think he would have played on Kentucky's team next year if he stayed? Aren't the guys coming in better?

Oh yeah he'd start........ I'm in the thank god Briscoe is gone boat. His remarks about UK being behind him........and being the one guy who left UK this year not to just gush over his time at UK is very telling....... so long briscoe... have fun in china.

I know many posters here defend him with those comments he made but sorry... you just dont make those comments trying to put your past behind you without looking on that past negatively...
Your fandom defines you, no?

You think he would have played on Kentucky's team next year if he stayed? Aren't the guys coming in better?

I don't think Green is our prototypical point guard under Coach Cal and likely will be at least a 2 or 3 year player. Coach Cal has been very good towards the high ranking guys that he is helping get drafted. There is no doubt in my mind Briscoe would have started at the 1 next year and been given every opportunity to prove he can lead the team. Green would have backed him up and taken over the next year similar to Ulis backing up Andrew Harrison.

Briscoe was done with UK and Coach Cal after this season. He has always had an inflated image of himself and his skill level. His "entourage" wanted him to be featured more in Cal's system, but his lack of athleticism and shooting skills kept him from being "The Man".

I'm just glad he left amicably, for the most part.

Reactions: c1doc
No glory in the bus leagues, just some play and a little pay. He may have been well served to recalibrate his attitutude and commit to the Big Blue for the remainder of his eligibility. I think if he had stayed and maintained a good attitude, he would have gotten good playing time and maybe starter status. I saw his role next year (if he stayed) as a "seasoned upperclassmen"--the kind of player you could have on the floor to settle down the young guys.....stay wired into Coach Cal on the sideline, make a couple of clutch shots....a crunch time smart guy who knows when to get tough w/ one of talented freshman. One or two more years wouldn't have done much for his NBA draft prospects, but I think the lower league money would have been there for him regardless of how long he stayed at UK. Why not work toward college immortality and a NC? Even if we don't win a ring while he is here, he gets four-year Wildcat soldier love from the UK fans and alumni.....sort of like C Hayes (although Chuck had a nice NBA run)--plus a college degree.

No glory in the bus leagues, just some play and a little pay. He may have been well served to recalibrate his attitutude and commit to the Big Blue for the remainder of his eligibility. I think if he had stayed and maintained a good attitude, he would have gotten good playing time and maybe starter status. I saw his role next year (if he stayed) as a "seasoned upperclassmen"--the kind of player you could have on the floor to settle down the young guys.....stay wired into Coach Cal on the sideline, make a couple of clutch shots....a crunch time smart guy who knows when to get tough w/ one of talented freshman. One or two more years wouldn't have done much for his NBA draft prospects, but I think the lower league money would have been there for him regardless of how long he stayed at UK. Why not work toward college immortality and a NC? Even if we don't win a ring while he is here, he gets four-year Wildcat soldier love from the UK fans and alumni.....sort of like C Hayes (although Chuck had a nice NBA run)--plus a college degree.
Plus the whole living like a god thing...

I wonder how many players who couldn't leave UK fast enough look back on that time as the best time in their life years later?

It's a shame that some of the kids have no patience. His progress from Freshman to Sophmore was amazing. From a guy who couldn't hit a free throw as a Freshman, you could see dramatic improvement. He was much better this season. Why these kids feel the need or pressure to jump ASAP is so debilitating. If he had stayed, I believe we would continue to see improvement in that main weakness of shooting and by his Senior year he may have been one of the very best college players and certainly drafted. There arevery good 4 year players that take the time to fully develop, graduate and get pro careers. Jack Givens as a Freshman to Jack Givens as a Senior was a completely different player. What about Jorts as an example? Many more examples and not just at UK.
But Goose only got a cup of coffee in the league.

He and everyone else who expected a different outcome were severely mislead.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about a 6'1 guard who cant shoot, isn't an assist machine/facilitator, or lock down defender.

Well he's tough and has heart. That's great and a dime a dozen in the D-league. Hell, I can find scrappy dudes with heart on the concretes in lexington.

I appreciate IB for being a cat and working hard while here, but he was oversold from day 1. Hawk who can shoot somewhat, pass, defend, is a freak athlete, has equal if not more heart, should have started over him.

He should have rode the UK ball player gravy train for 2 more years, gotten a degree, and then gone over seas to collect whatever money he could.
Probably hated school and these guys get a lifetime scholarship at least Cal said so the other night. Doubt if he ever does that.

Well I'm glad he's motivated but he won't be in the league. Doesn't want to work on his shot like bam.

I hate to even post this because I have no dog in this fight, but I did read that he was shooting 500 to 600 shots a day. Are you with him every day to know that he doesn't want to work on his shot? This is the same context that smooth posted.

I hate to even post this because I have no dog in this fight, but I did read that he was shooting 500 to 600 shots a day. Are you with him every day to know that he doesn't want to work on his shot? This is the same context that smooth posted.
He needs to shoot 2000 a day

ADVERTISEMENT