ADVERTISEMENT

Briscoe really motivated from not getting drafted.

If this is true (please offer a link), I'm not sure it really matters. He's pretty much maxed out his potentially unfortunately. Think of all the good guards that play now in the NBA and will be coming in for years to come.. Briscoe will have to establish himself as a lock down defender if he's going to have any chance of getting on an NBA team.

mmhmm

Briscoe is the best guard on the team.If he played pg full time he would be an all american.

Briscoe will still be a late 1st rd pick.
This Is my opinion. Okay his shooting is not that good. But his game is built for the NBA. When he goes to the workouts and get in better shape the scouts will see a different Briscoe then what they watching at Kentucky.

Briscoe will show out at the nba combine.
He will get in tip top shape and prove the doubters wrong.I still feel he will be a late 1st rd pick.

Butters..every one of the guys that didn't get drafted but were good enough to get signed as a free agent are telling anybody and everybody about the "chip on their shoulder" right now. And that's awesome, because a handful of these guys will be on an active NBA roster at some point. There is a good chance that 1 or even possibly 2 of those guys will play in the NBA for more than 3 seasons.

Fact is if you are not in the top 10% of the league you better be busting your ass all summer or you are putting your career at risk. If you are in the top 10% and you don't bust your ass in the summer, you won't be in the top 10% next season. The competition is out of this world. I hope like hell Briscoe makes it in the league for at least a couple years, I really liked him at UK, not one of my all time faves or anything but he was also really cool to me when I met him. He had an uphill battle even if he got drafted. He has the mentality to put in the work but the physical limitations are real. I still think he has a better shot than Frank Mason though who was drafted early 2nd round.

Briscoe had to know he wasn't getting drafted. If an average guy like me knew 100% He wasn't, He had to of known. Cal probably told him, for sure the teams he worked out for told him. There is nothing wrong with staying 4 years because you know you're not getting drafted. Briscoe's future is not playing on a court unless its overseas, or coaching and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Reactions: d2atTech
The NCAA needs to let players who go undrafted come back to school. But after Morris did it back about 10 years ago, they won't let that happen again.

Briscoe could have used a year running the PG in college. At his size, he needed to prove he could run a team.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Don't have to best believe he pumped to show the nation how good he is.
Idk smooth I was thinking more along the lines of him being pretty bummed out about not being selected and he may want to hang it up and pursue some other ambitions. What makes you so sure that he is eager to showcase his talent to the world?

It's a shame that some of the kids have no patience. His progress from Freshman to Sophmore was amazing. From a guy who couldn't hit a free throw as a Freshman, you could see dramatic improvement. He was much better this season. Why these kids feel the need or pressure to jump ASAP is so debilitating. If he had stayed, I believe we would continue to see improvement in that main weakness of shooting and by his Senior year he may have been one of the very best college players and certainly drafted. There arevery good 4 year players that take the time to fully develop, graduate and get pro careers. Jack Givens as a Freshman to Jack Givens as a Senior was a completely different player. What about Jorts as an example? Many more examples and not just at UK.

Blue Bomb said Briscoe wouldn't be drafted at the beginning of last season. Blue Bomb nailed it. Give Blue Bomb some credit.

lots of people said Briscoe wouldn't be drafted..........what skill set does he have..........undersized, can't shoot, average quickness, average ball handling
ok he rebounds fairly well..............but the NBA is about speed, quickness & shooting

He's just a shorter version of Dakari Johnson

Blue Bomb said Briscoe wouldn't be drafted at the beginning of last season. Blue Bomb nailed it. Give Blue Bomb some credit.

Yep and BluBomb probably got roasted for saying that. Amazing how sensitive some fans get.

The NCAA needs to let players who go undrafted come back to school. But after Morris did it back about 10 years ago, they won't let that happen again.

Briscoe could have used a year running the PG in college. At his size, he needed to prove he could run a team.
If he comes back, he may not play. Wasn't going to get any better coming back to Kentucky.

If he comes back, he may not play. Wasn't going to get any better coming back to Kentucky.

Yep. He was in no mans land. I like the kid for sacrificing for the team. Hope he gets to play ball for money or finds a job he enjoys.

He's going to work real real real real hard this summer and learn how to shoot . after his red ass calms down from not being drafted .

Surprised Briscoe hasn't made his way to Paraguay. Everyone knows the Libertad Asuncion is looking for a 6 foot 2 power forward. He could make bank, bro.

Something to think about... 50 players just got drafted out of college. 50. Out of over 4500 D1 scholarship basketball players. Thats 1.1%. 2 facts:

1. Isaiah Briscoe is going to make money playing basketball for at least the next 10 years.

2. If Isaiah Briscoe had returned he would have no chance to be one of the top 50 NBA prospects.

If you are not quite good enough to get drafted, but you fall in the next best 50 range, take the money you can get while you can get it. If your family doesnt need the money, then stay in college. Each players situation is different though.

^ you need to learn opinion from fact , he might not play 2-3 years let alone 10 plus playing overseas isnt for everyone .

He and everyone else who expected a different outcome were severely mislead.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about a 6'1 guard who cant shoot, isn't an assist machine/facilitator, or lock down defender.

Well he's tough and has heart. That's great and a dime a dozen in the D-league. Hell, I can find scrappy dudes with heart on the concretes in lexington.

I appreciate IB for being a cat and working hard while here, but he was oversold from day 1. Hawk who can shoot somewhat, pass, defend, is a freak athlete, has equal if not more heart, should have started over him.

He should have rode the UK ball player gravy train for 2 more years, gotten a degree, and then gone over seas to collect whatever money he could.

^ you need to learn opinion from fact , he might not play 2-3 years let alone 10 plus playing overseas isnt for everyone .

The 10 years thought might be the only thing BigKarl missed on. I think his post is pretty accurate and is a good indicator as to what could happen for Briscoe and players like him. I believe most of us had the idea that Briscoe really didn't like school all that much so if he has a chance to make some money playing the game he loves, more power to him. Personally, I doubt we will ever see him on an NBA roster, just way too many other better guards available, to be perfectly honest. But, he can, and most likely will, make some pretty good money out of the country for how ever many years he can get out of it. I wish him the best.

He should have come back one more year at least. Look at the mock draft for next year. Only one PG is predicted to go in the top 20 and 3 total in the first round. All are in the 6'1 to 6'2 range. Two are possible one and done players and who knows if they do well enough to leave early.

He chose to leave when there were 6 in the first round with 5 being top 10 picks. That isn't even including likely combo guards Monk and Mitchell. He had no chance to be drafted this year.

He could have came back and played lead guard and worked on his weaknesses one more year and who knows what happens. He needs to show he can run a team. He didn't get to do that very often his first 2 years with better PG's here.

Reactions: catben
Jimmy doesn't like misunderstandings. Jimmy and misunderstandings don't get along. Jimmy is getting upset. Don't touch Jimmy. Don't....touch...Jimmy!!
george-foot-locker-shoes-the-jimmy-seinfeld-240x240.jpg

I'm fairly confident he would have started. I'm sorry, but the guys we have coming in at PG are no Ulis or Fox IMO. No disrespect, they will be fine, but I think a junior Briscoe gets the start to begin with anyways.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
ADVERTISEMENT