ADVERTISEMENT

'Calipari mulling changes' - ESPN

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Same old BS after every disappointing season. What really gripes my a$$, though, is two separate comments in the article Cal begins with 'we've helped so many kids...'. Is UKBB now a charitable organization? Is it our mission to 'help' kids? I want players to get educated and prepared for life, sure. But Cal's focus is and has been for a while making sure a few get drafted. Well, that's not his job.

The remainder of the article could have been written several years ago. Game has changed, I've always won with young kids, they're taking it hard, blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah, 'we've helped so many kids'. Get him out of here.

Until he's gone, I won't watch another second of UKBB.

In regards to watching next year.. I just don't see how this lesser group of recruits is going to have any better results. I'm thinking we will lose a lot of games be on the bubble, bow out early.

We would need some big names to come back for me to watch in the first few months. I'm not tuning in for Fland and a bunch of sub 20 type recruits. If Dilly, Reed and Reeves couldn't avoid a 10 loss season that ended in the 1st round.. what will the next crop do.

Cal mulling over soup season is over so he won’t eat his wife’s soup until the start of next season.

In regards to watching next year.. I just don't see how this lesser group of recruits is going to have any better results. I'm thinking we will lose a lot of games be on the bubble, bow out early.

We would need some big names to come back for me to watch in the first few months. I'm not tuning in for Fland and a bunch of sub 20 type recruits. If Dilly, Reed and Reeves couldn't avoid a 10 loss season that ended in the 1st round.. what will the next crop do.
I hear ya but we just lost in the 1st round to Oakland(no not Oakland California) with a ton of highly rated recruits. Talent doesn't matter when the coach doesn't care.

Reactions: susan2361
Helping kids is an ancillary goal. He's rich. Start a scholarship program if his heart is that big. That has zero to do with winning basketball games and mentoring his players. If he won more games, his kids could help themselves. The NBA will find you if you can play at that level.
Exactly...how much of better showcase is the NCAA tournament? Keep winning...keep your players (you're trying to "help") in the spotlight. Instead, our top tier talent looked terrible, selfish, and uncoached while loosing to Oakland. Kudos to the Oakland coach, he had his kids prepared, poised, and ready to play. We looked worse than the SEC tournament game against A&M.

Reactions: delk4three
Same old BS after every disappointing season. What really gripes my a$$, though, is two separate comments in the article Cal begins with 'we've helped so many kids...'. Is UKBB now a charitable organization? Is it our mission to 'help' kids? I want players to get educated and prepared for life, sure. But Cal's focus is and has been for a while making sure a few get drafted. Well, that's not his job.

The remainder of the article could have been written several years ago. Game has changed, I've always won with young kids, they're taking it hard, blah, blah, blah. Oh yeah, 'we've helped so many kids'. Get him out of here.

Until he's gone, I won't watch another second of UKBB.
I've been saying this ... for years now. Maybe a new day is dawning.

210dacc9-dae2-43c8-bf90-ca01cbcdd008_text.gif

He's already started his BS again, he's buying time talking about changes. See, he's not worried about his job, he's assuming he will be here and he probably will. In his mind he could lose 20 games next year and he will still be the coach. The heat will have to get him at some point, I've never seen such a stubborn person when everybody knows it's time to go but him.

This is just BS babble. First off, I don't really think he's going to change, but even if he tries, it's too late for next year. Most of the roster will leave one way or another and they are all being replaced with the freshman next year. I'm sure those guys were told they were going to go pro after one year, so unless he plans ahead and tries to get all transfer portal players to replace them, we're talking minimum 2-3 years before anything really "changes". Not worth the wait in my opinion.

Exactly...how much of better showcase is the NCAA tournament? Keep winning...keep your players (you're trying to "help") in the spotlight. Instead, our top tier talent looked terrible, selfish, and uncoached while loosing to Oakland. Kudos to the Oakland coach, he had his kids prepared, poised, and ready to play. We looked worse than the SEC tournament game against A&M.
Eerily similar to UNC Wilmington

Watching CBS sports channel late last night early this morning they had Wally and Parrish in a rapid fire tourney question answer segment. Question was asked is CAL done at KY, Wally said no who can replace CAL, Parrish said he is done KY can’t afford not too and referenced this board crashing and all of the outrage. Another guy chimed in and said CAL has to be done also. We shall see. SVP sports center last night discussed the same thing but both said who can do better then CAL and who is going to pay the buyout.

I think I'm out until Cal is gone. I can't do this anymore. I have zero hope for next season with Cal as coach.
And factor in the crappy state of college basketball I may never come back. Crooked officiating, blatantly rigged games, the monitor reviews, rock fight games, etc. Yeah I don't want to see that.

Watching CBS sports channel late last night early this morning they had Wally and Parrish in a rapid fire tourney question answer segment. Question was asked is CAL done at KY, Wally said no who can replace CAL, Parrish said he is done KY can’t afford not too and referenced this board crashing and all of the outrage. Another guy chimed in and said CAL has to be done also. We shall see. SVP sports center last night discussed the same thing but both said who can do better then CAL and who is going to pay the buyout.
They’re letting nostalgia from 2010-2017 hold them hostage. 2018-now has been bad and Kentucky can get a good coach and compete I don’t know people act like we can’t

Not sure how we pay the buy out. It's a lot of dinero. Mitch needs fired too.

As for who can do better? As a recruiter, not many if any. As an in-game coach, almost anyone.

Cal was never an in game coach, he was a system coach and he system worked until the game changed and he didn't

Greenberg on espn just said that cal will be the coach next year, they are buddies so they must have talked after the game. I hate eveything man, this fraud cannot come here next year please no
Obviously.

UK isn't paying to fire him. Cal isn't quitting or taking a settlement. Fans are still filling seats and traveling in support, so it's not costing UK anything to retain him so far. Mitch has already had to fire the WBB coach and Stoops tried to bolt this offseason. We also had a lot of turnover among FB assistant coaches. Barnhart will not being making any big changes with Cal this year as he knows he will lose every current recruit and player. The new coach will have to essentially build a team from the portal and risk being far worse next year. It would also likely guarantee Reed doesn't return.

Reactions: frydaze
Not sure how anyone can still ask the question “who can do better”. Are we to believe that KY is now incapable of winning games in March and should just be happy with being in the tournament, One win in 5 years and who can do better? How about anyone. I honestly believe team could have won last night if they spent last week on their own preparing for the game and just coached themselves.

Not sure how we pay the buy out. It's a lot of dinero. Mitch needs fired too.

As for who can do better? As a recruiter, not many if any. As an in-game coach, almost anyone.

Cal was never an in game coach, he was a system coach and he system worked until the game changed and he didn't
There is no buyout if Cal leaves for Michigan. Perfect scenario for all sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT