ADVERTISEMENT

Stop wondering

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019
Why the R’s didn’t start. And how Cal could be so dumb. It’s not dumb, if you understand what’s going on.

1. Promises to recruiting agencies to feed players to you
2. Promises to old friends to get their kids drafted

That’s all this is. Calipari isn’t in the business of winning games. It’s his goals now. And if that means getting his old players son drafted, winning will take a backseat. Calipari knows Reed and Dillingham were the better options. But he has promises to keep.

t76Unz7.png

Why the R’s didn’t start. And how Cal could be so dumb. It’s not dumb, if you understand what’s going on.

That’s all this is. Calipari isn’t in the business of winning games. It’s his goals now. And if that means getting his old players son drafted, winning will take a backseat. Calipari knows Reed and Dillingham were the better options. But he has promises to keep.
That has nothing to do with tonight. Or any other game really. I mean good lord the dude that hit 10 3's was off the bench as well.
That said I'm as ready for change as the rest of ya

That has nothing to do with tonight. Or any other game really. I mean good lord the dude that hit 10 3's was off the bench as well.
That said I'm as ready for change as the rest of ya
DJ and Edwards starting didn’t have an effect on tonight and the regular season? Lol, that’s a take.

Reactions: KFuqua
I think this is true. Seemed obvious that Cal had already decided on his starting lineup before the season even began.

And, likely due to promises made during the recruiting process, he acted like he was forbidden from wavering from it regardless of who actually played best.

Other than Reed and Dillingham, do you really want to watch any of the others for another whole year?
Yes, I'd take anyone back. Edwards has shown stretches of being a good 3 point shooter. It looks like we need shooters next year. If guys come back and are committed to Kentucky and not just getting to the NBA I'll take anyone back.

When you can't game plan a division 2 player, you're in trouble as a coach. Cal has coaches on either side of him. None can coach defense? All of these "alpha males" and they couldn't stay in front of a division 2 player? 10 threes to a division 2 player, off the bench? Really? I'm out.

we better hope all these guys come back, next year is a whole new bunch of freshmen that wont be as good as this bunch. Probably wont make the tourney next year. I mean that the next logical place for this team to fall to, no tourney at all. If these guys return at least we will have a team of sophomores

Reactions: RunninRichie
Deep down inside, this "coach" knows the game has passed him by. He's either unwilling or unable to adapt. His only hope is to keep the talent pipeline open to keep the gullible clamoring for "next year".

R AND R, I disagree with you. Cal doesn’t give a damn about that! The Only goal Cal has is money!!! And guess what he’s laughing all the way to the bank!

Reactions: KFuqua
Calipari is literally the only coach in the nation that would not start two potential lottery picks like Reed & Dillingham. You saw what happened once they got off to a hot start with the cute lineup, they got out ahead and had the momentum the entire game. Slap the shit out of anyone that says starters don't matter. They absolutely do. Found out just how important getting sent home in the 1st round of back to back tournaments.

Cal just wanted another "AD took the 4th most shots"/"Booker didn't start" to add to his resume. Now he can say Shep/Dillingham didn't start, but look how great they're doing with their careers. Another ego booster.
I look at like "what moron brags about not starting his best players?"

Reactions: ThunderMash
I get the logic of what you’re saying . I don’t get how it played out . All this did was take Edwards from being a lottery pick to a second rounder .

DJ undrafted
Which makes even less sense of why he kept forcing it. It makes it that much dumber. What I don’t understand is how we have a bench full of coaches and none of them could teach our guys how to work around a basic screen in an entire year.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT