ADVERTISEMENT

My random thoughts……..

BlueWorldOrder74

All-American
Oct 9, 2015
Lexington
I’ve been saying Reed will not be back if he’s lottery. I now believe it’s possible if he’s not top 5. Contingent on massive NIL, which is in the works. Still think if he’s top 5 he’s likely gone.

DJ probably back; but this is more so because the kid just isn’t good enough yet to be drafted.

Freshman will struggle to score. If Reed is back, he will be good, but won’t have much shooting outside of him. Freshman will get bullied from the jump.

Next season will be much like this one and the last few. Routed in the Champions Classic. Lose games we shouldn’t. Win some we shouldn’t. Bounced early in both tourneys no matter how we’ve played toward end of season.

Lot of strife and drama throughout the season. Injuries. Players out for longer than seems they should be. No game plans, not running sets for shooters. Defense struggles.

Will get super nasty before the end; every one will be waiting for a tourney run that will not come.

Cal will be done and it will be much worse than it could have been right now.

I just don’t see next season being even as good as this one. Unless we get lot more back and get something real in the portal? Could get very ugly next season.

Oh well.

Travis Perry can shoot too. 38% over his career.

We need some inside presence and someone who can score at the rim to go along with the shooters.

I just told my buddy that even if we bring back the key pieces from this past season to mix in with the new freshman, it’s still a young team with a combined 0 NCAAT wins. The pressure will be so high next year, it’s not going be fun for anyone. Just follow that Cal life cycle thread to see how it works out, again.

We need some inside presence and someone who can score at the rim to go along with the shooters.
38% in high school. Are there any high school players that shoot 45% or better? Or is this just a pipe dream? I guess I don't see sub-40% as anything amazing or uncommon coming out of high school.

He can shoot. But can he shoot with a 22 year old man bumping and hacking his ass all over the court? Can he get his shot off quick enough? Can he create his own shot, cause if he can’t, he’s toast in Cals offense. I wouldn’t hold my breath on any of these things. If we are depending on him to carry a load we are in trouble.

I’ve been saying Reed will not be back if he’s lottery. I now believe it’s possible if he’s not top 5. Contingent on massive NIL, which is in the works. Still think if he’s top 5 he’s likely gone.

DJ probably back; but this is more so because the kid just isn’t good enough yet to be drafted.

Freshman will struggle to score. If Reed is back, he will be good, but won’t have much shooting outside of him. Freshman will get bullied from the jump.

Next season will be much like this one and the last few. Routed in the Champions Classic. Lose games we shouldn’t. Win some we shouldn’t. Bounced early in both tourneys no matter how we’ve played toward end of season.

Lot of strife and drama throughout the season. Injuries. Players out for longer than seems they should be. No game plans, not running sets for shooters. Defense struggles.

Will get super nasty before the end; every one will be waiting for a tourney run that will not come.

I just don’t see next season being even as good as this one. Unless we get lot more back and get something real in the portal? Could get very ugly next season.

Oh well.

Don't put your random thoughts in print...😅

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74

Oh well.
My reaction to your thoughts:

-Reed is fascinating in every aspect with his draft decision. There may never be another draft quite this bad so however high you can go, it might be time. His NIL opportunities(legitimate NIL and ones we pay him for “autographs”) will be through the roof.

-I also think DJ comes back. I do think he could get drafted late second round but he doesn’t need the money like previous decisions we experienced. He’s a G League player and can’t imagine him and his family would rather that than be at UK with stupid NIL(Campbell’s Soup??).

-I think Boogie and Karter can score immediately next year among the freshmen

-I don’t have any knowledge of what will happen in the Classic and non con that I don’t even know the opponents for yet! We didn’t get “routed” last year in the classic. Flagg is special and they probably also have some other good returners but who knows what they look like early November.

-I’ve said it everywhere I don’t think ‘24 is Cal’s last year. It’s splitting now or after multiple more years.

Reed and adou would be the only pieces I’d really want back honestly. Maybe Edwards,
But after that I cool with whatever Wagner, z, Bradshaw, and ugo decide to do

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Agree with the post. It's just more of the same....despite the supposed major changes.

Let’s say adou, Reed, z, and Wagner come back. You have the freshman, quantaince, fland, Perry, Richmond, somto, and Knox. What portal player is going to come here with all those players already here

Oh well.
Morg knows Cal very very well.. he stated he would burn it down when he left . I agree with pretty much everything you had to say BWO . Its just over , and we need to pull the band off now and get on with it .. dont let Cal orchestrate his departure or it might be uglier than doing it now . I mean re-read your post .. thats awful ! Why would Mitch settle for that ?
Anyway yeah Wag prob comes back or just takes the G league route . Reed ?? hmm tough call. I just dont see him being a top 5 pick . But who knows what the pro's want , I dont watch it . They must not guard anyone . So maybe he fits in , he struggles to guard anyone with quickness . I think Dilly makes a super pro . He shoulda been a super college player but managed to hide him ( I can't hide you , LOL ) Same with Z , Cal wanted to ride Ugo , and I called it 3 months ago . This team goes no where with him at the 5 . Look it up , thats an exact quote . Could have given Z a bigger role and seasoned him to the physical play and we get much better . He truly acted like he didnt want to hurt feelings . Damn this isnt bitty league ! .

I would be a lot happier if we brought a bunch of guys back and got a few STARTERS out of the portal.

The biggest problem is the turnstile one and done freshman model. We can't ever build a roster for the future.

If we have Reed, DJ, Edwards, Thiero, Z--and then bring in a couple shooters and an experienced/physical big--there's a chance things could go well.

As it stands, I don't have a lot of confidence regardless. But bringing back a big chunk of the team would probably buy some good vibes.

Reactions: fredmanthecatfan

Oh well.
I ve said from the get go that Reed comes back for four reasons.
1. He' making money now
2. MegaMoney does not drive him or his family
3. He and his family like the college experience and dont want to leave it behind too soon

And the last one and most important IMO is . . He has a really timid demeanor. He defers every game plays really passive until it looks like we need him. You almost have to tell him to come on we need you now. It comes from an unselfish, me second attitude. This is admirable now but it wont play well in the league and I think while the NBA is still one of his dreams, I'm not sure Reed himself is completely excited about going just yet and facing that new world that can be a little intimidating and ruthless.

I think with the right coach who would actually develop him, Burks would make a nice piece to a roster, but like always, I figure he will transfer out, along with Joey Hart.

Reactions: KT34 and KFuqua
The roster doesn't really matter without competent coaching. We've seen that over and over and over. Cal needs to go all in on actually being a coach. And nobody thinks he will.

I ve said from the get go that Reed comes back for four reasons.
1. He' making money now
2. MegaMoney does not drive him or his family
3. He and his family like the college experience and dont want to leave it behind too soon

And the last one and most important IMO is . . He has a really timid demeanor. He defers every game plays really passive until it looks like we need him. You almost have to tell him to come on we need you now. It comes from an unselfish, me second attitude. This is admirable now but it wont play well in the league and I think while the NBA is still one of his dreams, I'm not sure Reed himself is completely excited about going just yet and facing that new world that can be a little intimidating and ruthless.
excellent points and I hope you are right ! His defers so much it had me ready to throw the remote . He plays like a kid sometimes , a very pleasant one .. and thats a compliment in todays world , well done Jeff and Stacy :)

I hope Sheppard, Z and Thiero return. I hope Wagner ,Bradshaw and Edwards do not. Burks and Ugo 6 of one half dozen of the other. We aren't likely to find another Reeves in the portal, we may be down a bit in shooting but grit ,toughness and physicality will be up. I think we will be at least as good next year if we can find a portal guy who is an upgrade over what Mitchell was the last 1/3 of the year.

There isn't another Dillingham on the horizon and sad to say Cal will still be Cal and he will find ways to FU($ things up.

I know Duke will be good next year, but they could lose bitchowski, McCain and Roach.
Besides Flagg and the other big aren’t the other two 5 star kids in the 20-25 range?

Again, I know they will be good but it’s not like Zion, Rj and Reddish are walking through that door. Am I missing something?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT